The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G I4 to V6 throttle body swap

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 186
    ran into 2 small issues doing the swap today but was able to complete the install. total time took about 2 hrs.

Im using an Evo8 Fuel rail which is the reason why I had these 2 issues.

When I tried to route the coolant thru the V6 TB, one of the passages is blocked by the fuel feed line. I just improvised and did the coolant bypass like Jigz and other people reccomended.

The wires for the IAC are touching my fuel feed line, also, because I am using a evo8 fuel rail. I just put some wireloom around the wires for now. I'll inspect them from time to time to see if they are melting or getting chafed.
    Last edited by qnz; 02-15-2010 at 08:23 AM

Are you happy with the results? I did it last week and I like it so far.

the throttle response is an improvement. Hard to tell how much hp it gains because my turbo also adds "torque".

I only swapped my TB because my old one had boost leaks. I added turbo shaft seals and a new gasket.

I had to swap mine because of the trouble I was having with my tps and iac. Does yours idle high at first then after a few minutes comes back down?

mine still idles high actually. I turned the idle screw all the way down and im still around 950 rpm. I wonder if adjusting the TPS would get it to idle lower?

On initial startup, it does shoot to 2000 but it came back down to 1000 only after a few seconds, not minutes.

Not sure about adjusting the tps. But I probably have to mess with the idle to get it right. I can't tell how high mine shoots up on startup because something happened to my tach so my needle is off a little. But now I noticed that after like a minute it goes down but like the first few days it took my like 2 1/2 minutes to go back down.
    Last edited by stvn_mj; 02-14-2010 at 08:01 PM

Mine always shoots up to 2k+ at first especially when it's cold. It drops to around 800 after a few minutes. As for the fuel line clearance, Aaron, I didnt run into the IAC wires rubbing, it was probably because you are using an EVO rail.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I had the same exact problem with mine, mainly in the mornings at a cold start, and also in traffic. I swapped to the v6 TB and it happen to have fixed all my problems. The car now idles smoothly.

Thanks alot for the tutorial, it helped out a whole lot. Very easy to do, only thing is i have some big ass hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
    Thanks alot for the tutorial, it helped out a whole lot. Very easy to do, only thing is i have some big ass hands.
    ya no kidding. the back of my hand is all red with welts. I replaced the clamps with worm clamps

trouble

i had to pigtail my IAC for the V6 IAC...it idles fine on its own but i can rev it past 2500 sittin or drive it pat 1500 k...it "bobs" and wants to stall...shoul i chang my TPS to the V6 one? HEEEEELPPPPPP!!!!
    Last edited by Honkasena; 02-18-2010 at 08:27 PM

What do you mean by "pigtail"? did you rewire the I4 pigtail for the V6 IAC? if so, why? the I4 pigtail work on the V6 IAC.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

the tps for the v6 and the i4 are the same part numbers so there wont be a difference. The IAC pigtail for the i4 should have clipped right into the v6 IAC sensor

i figured it out on my own...the sensor of the diamante IAC i grabbed was different, not plug n play...it has 2 bolts/screws holdin it on and is significantly bigger, whereas the 2.4/3.0 has 3 bolts/screws and is kinda small...also i used the TPS from the i4 like the tutorial said which was big no no....the ECU wouldnt let me go past 2K rpm's...my ECU was like "what the #@&! is all this air?"...lol...just an fyi for everyone who wants to do a TB diamante swap....make sure u grab the IAC connector from the diamante's wiring harness, pigtail it, match the IAC up wire-for-wire, and keep both sensors from the diamante TB on the TB when u swap it...that will make it run correctly...jus adjust the idle screw at operating temperature and viola....best mod done so far....doing the coolant bypass tomorrow...YAAAAAY!!! lol...
    Last edited by Honkasena; 02-21-2010 at 11:45 PM

I Miss You my Love....2004 Mitsu Lancer Evo VIII

sweet ass! I just saw two diamante tb there today and was like nah...i cant use it.....im headed to the junkyard tomorrow morning. I know what Im grabbing.

so to reset the com, you can just use the ol fashion negative terminal unhook and leave it off for bout 10 sec and hook it back on right?

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    so to reset the com, you can just use the ol fashion negative terminal unhook and leave it off for bout 10 sec and hook it back on right?
    Works for me! I think maybe its 15 mins? It makes the service engine soon disappear for a bit tho. I'm guessing it does a full reset.
    Last edited by keith6110; 03-29-2010 at 11:00 PM

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Works for me! I think maybe its $15 mins? It makes the service engine soon disappear for a bit tho. I'm guessing it does a full reset.
    o ok thx again man lol

Im really interested in this. Whats a fair price for a Diamante TB? What years of Diamante are fair game? Anyone have follow ups or more info?
    Thanks TGC!!

Sphinx

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    Im really interested in this. Whats a fair price for a Diamante TB? What years of Diamante are fair game? Anyone have follow ups or more info?
    Thanks TGC!!

Sphinx
    better yet could that get updated to the first post as far as what all is needed for the Diamante TB (IAC, etc....) to work correctly

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast