The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G I4 to V6 throttle body swap

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Showing results 141 to 160 of 186
    Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    theres no soldering needed for the 6G72 TB. the only thing you need really is the IAC. You can use the TPS from the 4G64 TB.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

oh nice. so basically all i have to do is plug-and-play if the tb comes wit the TPS and IAC using my stock harness. Plus bypassing the two lines at the bottom.

i just hope i wont get any code or light on the dash. wish me luck!

-RON

your bypassing the coolant lines? & good luck with the swap
    - Chris -

I included the tps and the iac on the tb :)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

I will recommend for the winter not to bypass the coolant lines, leave it for the summer.
    Also disconnect battery before you do the swap. This will make the ECU re-learn the idle speed on the IAC. Let it idle for 20 min. Maybe you will have to re-adjust the TPS and idle screw to get to the right idle. Between 700-800 RPM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

alright thanks for all the positivities!

-RON

i got the TB today! woot!!! thanks ivory8g for quick response!

oh btw one more thing..since its 3.0L and the diameter is much bigger do i need to replace my 4cyl CAI to 6cyl or 3.0L air intake?

-RON

since you have a coupler and not the stock box i think the coupler should have enough play to fit the tb. And your welcome!!
    Dont forget to hit me up on my trade rating! :)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

i just ordered my tb gasket...after leaving pepboys i realize...i ordered the tb 4cyl gasket and i completely forgot im working on a v6 tb :( i dont know if it ever matter? im hoping theyre the same gasket
    Last edited by P'NOYcaL; 12-17-2010 at 10:11 AM

-RON

^um i guess i never bothered with putting the v6 gasket on... nothing out of the ordinary happened.... i say give it a shot but it worked for me lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I used the V6 gasket wit mine i think it doess make a slight difference
    - Chris -

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    ^um i guess i never bothered with putting the v6 gasket on... nothing out of the ordinary happened.... i say give it a shot but it worked for me lol
    u installed yours already?

well i mean if the v6 tb is just bolt on and has the same bolt pattern as I4 im thinking it should work..lets hope.

-RON

It works but I'd jus get the V6 gasket w/ it
    - Chris -

4g64

Hey, kinda new but have done alot of reading. I just bought my first 03 galant 2.4L a gun metal grey color. I am interested in the v6 tb swap and have found one at a local junk yard in ohio. My question is, if i were to install a tb spacer, with or w/o the gains/losses would it be for the 4cyl or 6cyl?, wondering if anyone else has tried this before. sorry for being new again, im used to toyota's but have now been converted to mitsu. thnx for your time guys

Dont get a Tb spacer. It is a waste of money. The car is already torquey enough.

tb

ok so i got the tb today and installed. was easier than i thought and looked. i had to adjust the position sensor a little bit for lower idle, but wont idle below about 950. drives fine, and very touchy. i have two problems?, maybe. first one is when im coming to a stop at 10mph it kicks down/or forward to downshift im assuming, its more annoying than anything else, and second is when i put it in neutral "automatic" it revs high at 1600rpms.normal drive gear idles at 1200rpms and mrg7243 yeah the throttle body spacer isn't going to happen. i was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_neo2000 View Post
    ok so i got the tb today and installed. was easier than i thought and looked. i had to adjust the position sensor a little bit for lower idle, but wont idle below about 950. drives fine, and very touchy. i have two problems?, maybe. first one is when im coming to a stop at 10mph it kicks down/or forward to downshift im assuming, its more annoying than anything else, and second is when i put it in neutral "automatic" it revs high at 1600rpms.normal drive gear idles at 1200rpms and mrg7243 yeah the throttle body spacer isn't going to happen. i was just curious.
    Check your intake and maf. that might solve the kicking issue you might have a leak somewhere.

Double check the tps. Adjust it.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

ok, so i ended up putting the i4 tps back on and it idles fine, i couldnt get the v6 one to adjust right, im just assuming its bad since it was from the junk yard? idk... in order to get that tps off easily i took one of the coil packs in front of it off, and think i didnt tighten it down again good. cause while driving the rpm's fluxuate about 500. ill have to look at it tommorrow when i get off work, but im hoping thats what it is, ill also leave my battery unhooked while working this double tonight and see if it resets anything.

Does anybody know or could find a female connector (i4 iac style) so i can connect both pig tails on the engine side to a 6g74 pig tail? it would save me the concern of cutting up my wires in the engine bay.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast