The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G I4 to V6 throttle body swap

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Showing results 161 to 180 of 186
    the 72 TB in the galant is it the same TB out of a 91-93 n/a 3kGT?

nvm looking like the 3kgt is around 70mm, found one sized at 75mm. anyways does anyone know if these are usable on the 4cyl, and what would be needed? I would guess it would be about the same work as installing the 74 TB
    Last edited by Armageddon Sunset; 12-18-2011 at 08:16 PM

Wow I know this is old but I'm so impressed, I can't wait to do this and also paint the engine head like you did xD
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Why did you bump a thread just to say that?

Lol I thought the same thing when I saw it earlier but just ignored it

Sent from your Mommas House using pimpahoe
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Sorry for bringing back such an old thread, but did anyone who has done this swap ever got a P0507 code? Everything seemed to be running normal when i installed it, after my car warms up it idles at ~800RPM on gear and ~1000RPM while on park. Then a week later since the swap, this code pops up.

Here's the definition of the code P0507:
    Idle control system RPM higher than expected
    Probable cause
    1. Large vacuum leak on engine
    2. Throttle body condition - Dirty(i'm pretty sure it can't be this since i cleaned the throttle body before installing it with CRC Throttle Body Cleaner and removed the IAC motor and TPS before doing so)
    3. Faulty IAC valve/Throttle Body (Kind of thinking this could be causing this issue, since i got my throttle body assembly from a junkyard)

Thanks in advance! hopefully i could get some help on this

Are you sure you put the gasket is on correctly? When I put the 6g72 TB on my Eclipse I had a bad vac leak and I could hear it, I had to flip the gasket 180 degrees and the leak and noise went away.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

I'm pretty sure i did that because, the holes only matched up with the bolts when i had the gasket flipped, as you said, 180°. But i'll check again tomorrow

I didn't find any vacuum leaks, but could using the i4 Throttle Position Sensor cause this issue? help please

Just read that the TPS for th i4 and v6 are the same. What else could cause the code PO507?
    Last edited by djaltamira; 07-27-2013 at 05:48 PM

You should use the IAC from the v6 and are you sure the TPS is the same for 4cyl and v6? When I swapped, I had a similar code (it looks familiar, but I didn't write it down), but it was because the gasket was the wrong way on. I later on swapped it with a v6 gasket anyway.

I do have the V6 IAC installed and used a V6 gasket and yeah, i re-read this whole post and someone said that the V6 and I4 TPS had the same part number. Which way exactly is the right way to install the gasket? I just adjusted my TPS and cleared the code for now, but if the code comes back(hopefully it doesn't) i'll take a pic of how i installed the gasket

One:
    You need evoscan to see where your tps % is at. It should be around 12.5-13.3%. Any higher idle will go up and pcm will thinks is not idling.

Two. Do a leak test around the tb. Some times gasket could be install wrong.

3. Pcm needs to re-learn iac trims. You need to reset pcm "disconnect batt for 5 min with headlight ON to reset fuel trims. Let it idle for 30 min no rev, take it for a nice drive 30 min or so. And rev then let go of the gas so iac could adjust it self
    Last edited by Isaurio; 07-28-2013 at 08:41 AM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    One:
    You need evoscan to see where your tps % is at. It should be around 12.5-13.3%. Any higher idle will go up and pcm will thinks is not idling.

3. Pcm needs to re-learn iac trims. You need to reset pcm "disconnect batt for 5 min with headlight ON to reset fuel trims. Let it idle for 30 min no rev, take it for a nice drive 30 min or so. And rev then let go of the gas so iac could adjust it self
    I don't have any issues with mine but I didn't do this when I replaced my t/b, will have to try this method for the pcm re-learn. Thanks Isario

Quote Originally Posted by djaltamira View Post
    I do have the V6 IAC installed and used a V6 gasket and yeah, i re-read this whole post and someone said that the V6 and I4 TPS had the same part number. Which way exactly is the right way to install the gasket? I just adjusted my TPS and cleared the code for now, but if the code comes back(hopefully it doesn't) i'll take a pic of how i installed the gasket
    My car stumbled a lot when the gasket was installed incorrectly. What I noticed was, on the intake side, there were three little holes just on the top and if the gasket isn't installed right, it doesn't cover the holes properly, and causes the roughness.

coconut, did you get your throttle body from a junk yard? or did you pull it from a working galant?

tamim13, did the code P0507 ever come up for you? and how long after your first install of the throttle body did you decide to check if the gasket lined up correctly? because for me i was code for about a week after the swap and everything was running fine i think

For everyone that did this swap, could you share how much you are idling if it changed at all? I don't remember how much i was idling on park and on gear before but now i'm at about 1000RPM on park and about 800RPM on gear after warming up the engine. Does this sound right? or is it too high like the code says? This is really bothering because my car is due for another inspection soon. Thanks everyone for the help so far, hopefully i would be able to solve this issue without having to go back to the i4 throttle body.

Experienced TGC Member
    Got mine fron the J/Y and it came off a v6 galant.i cleaned mine before i installed it, new gasket installed also for the v6 not for i4.Mine did idle high,made some minor adjustment with the idle screw.Idled at 800rpm in drive with the auto trans but im manual swapped now and its at 800rpm.Did you make sure the vacuum lines on top of the throttle body are in the right spot?Dont know if that would make a diffrence but just throwing it out there.

I don't remember the code that I got, but the idle was not too fast, it was stumbling a lot, like the engine was about to die, that's how we figured it was a leak. It was right after the install and first time I started it up. After correcting the gasket, and starting up cold, my RPM would be about 1.5K and then drop to about 1K - 900. After driving around it would come down to about 750-800. I had to adjust the idle screw all the way down to the minimum. Also had to disconnect the battery for the whole process of swapping the TB, so the system does have to relearn the idle. I also changed the coolant lines to the v6 ones, the i4 does not fit on the new TB.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    i don't remember the code that i got, but the idle was not too fast, it was stumbling a lot, like the engine was about to die, that's how we figured it was a leak. It was right after the install and first time i started it up. After correcting the gasket, and starting up cold, my rpm would be about 1.5k and then drop to about 1k - 900. After driving around it would come down to about 750-800. I had to adjust the idle screw all the way down to the minimum. Also had to disconnect the battery for the whole process of swapping the tb, so the system does have to relearn the idle. I also changed the coolant lines to the v6 ones, the i4 does not fit on the new tb.
    ^^^ what he said

I've been code free for the past week, thanks for the help guys! All I did was adjist the BISS Screw so that my idle on park was between 800-900RPM and the code just went away. Didn't need to clear it or reset my ecu. Just updating for future reference, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    One:

I know this is kind of old, but, I'm in the process of doing this retrofit, (Outlander Manifold with Galant V6 throttle on a I4) and want to gather all the important info; So, my question: disconnect the battery with the lights "ON"? Also, is there an easy way to adjust the TPS? Thanks for your replies.
    De que estamos hablando?

Quote Originally Posted by PR8GG View Post
    I know this is kind of old, but, I'm in the process of doing this retrofit, (Outlander Manifold with Galant V6 throttle on a I4) and want to gather all the important info; So, my question: disconnect the battery with the lights "ON"? Also, is there an easy way to adjust the TPS? Thanks for your replies.
    Evoscan or any data log that reads tps % will do or just dont touch the tps position from the factory location.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast