The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fenders

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    johnd

Icon8 fenders

does anyone know where i can get some aftermarket fenders i cant find them any where

Do you want stock fenders? Because I know you can get vented front fenders for the 8g galant.
    Flipininja

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    y would u want aftermarket fenders?? these arent hondas so plz dont put m3 vents or anything like that.. leave the ones youve got
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

johnd
    i want the because after market are usaly made out of fiberglass and not that hevey metal are stock fenders are made out of i am trying to get rid of as much weight of my car as posibole

fenders arent as heavy as hood or trunk. ive seen fiberglass fenders just ones and they had fitment issues
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Yeah, keep the original fenders on there, you aren't going to be doing much to the car by putting on FG. All you are going to do is increase the chances of the fenders cracking.

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    i want the because after market are usaly made out of fiberglass and not that hevey metal are stock fenders are made out of i am trying to get rid of as much weight of my car as posibole
    have you seen how heavy they are? they are not heavy, they are actually very light. hell, even the hood isn't that heavy.

what do you need to take all the weight out for? making the car 50-100 lbs lighter (wich i doubt you will) gets you................... (Drum roll please)

Nothing!

if you want to save significant weight take the doors off, they like 70 pounds each

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

johnd
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    have you seen how heavy they are? they are not heavy, they are actually very light. hell, even the hood isn't that heavy.

what do you need to take all the weight out for? making the car 50-100 lbs lighter (wich i doubt you will) gets you................... (Drum roll please)

Nothing!

if you want to save significant weight take the doors off, they like 70 pounds each
    first off have you ever taken your hood off it is heavy and second you must not know a thing about racing the more weight you take out the better ever heard of power to weight ratio it is a real thing and last my car now only weighs in at 2400 pounds and i still have about a hundred to lose just on the inside and just with the weight i have already taken off .400 off my ET on a stock engine so please don't respond to me unless you know what your talking about or you can help me
    Last edited by johnd; 09-23-2009 at 08:12 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Actually kolio is a pretty smart guy...
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    john.. .4 off your et prolly puts u high 15s if that.. kolio knows his shit.. hood is heavy in ur eyes but go lift some other hoods and our fenders are light get the fuck over it.. take oof the doors hood and y not the trunk too..

hell take off the fuckin whole shell so its just ur seat the motor tranny and the dash maybe ull crack 14s lmfao

mod the fuckin motor

the extra power makes the power to weight ratio better

or better yet.. if you want light sell the fuckin thing and get a 2 door honda hatch or old del sol
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    first off have you ever taken your hood off it is heavy and second you must not know a thing about racing the more weight you take out the better ever heard of power to weight ratio it is a real thing and last my car now only weighs in at 2400 pounds and i still have about a hundred to lose just on the inside and just with the weight i have already taken off .400 off my ET on a stock engine so please don't respond to me unless you know what your talking about or you can help me
    /facepalm

You are insulting a guy that is knowledgeable on this subject. Everyone has already told you that changing the fenders to FG replicas isn't going to do much or anything at all. You are comparing the weight savings from changing a hood to changing the fenders. There is a huge difference here. The OEM hood weighs a ton, the OEM fenders are light. You will not get any noticeable advantage in doing this. Like I said, all you will do is increase the chances of your fenders cracking.

But please, don't go off insulting people who are giving you the honest truth. No one will help you on down the road.