The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VR4 @ Nurburgring

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 48

VR4 @ Nurburgring

Cant find my original thread on pics of my car but lots happened and lost updated since i was last on! Last weekend i got to live a lifelong dream, visit and drive the Nurburgring in Germany. 4 days there and 12 laps completed.
    Best lap timed at 9mins 24secs Some pics for you!
    I think the carousel pic is being framed for the wall! i love it

Enjoy those? Now take a ride onboard! ignore the first 18-20 secs of footage, i accidentally burned another vid to the dvd along with Ring footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNmSwVsG-Xw

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    WOOOOHOOO sweet ride!!!

Those pics kinda looks like my GT4 snap shots

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Nice, what was your top speed?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Averaged 82.5mph on one lap!

Too scary to look at speedo most of times!

cool, id love to have a go on the ring, was that clarkson in the van ahead of you

Thats awesome man! Good looking car too!!
    Flipininja

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    Averaged 82.5mph on one lap!

Too scary to look at speedo most of times!
    Nice, looks like fun =)
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Thats freaking awesome! is that an instructor riding with you?

The cameraman in the back needs a bucketseat and a harness!

No instructor! Running the course from memory!

What a dream come true to drive the ring in any car, more less a VR4. Thanks for sharing.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Great pics, you are one lucky person to have driven that course.
    Love,
    Matt

Whow - never thaught that the green hell is so wellknown... I´m twice a year with my drivers there or at Hockenheim for making the ONS-license. At the Nordschleife I love the Fuchsroehre going down to Adenauer Forst... Full speed downhill and then a double-S... But the karussel is hard, too... A lot of cars loose control and ride outside...

Quote Originally Posted by big&bad View Post
    Whow - never thaught that the green hell is so wellknown... I´m twice a year with my drivers there or at Hockenheim for making the ONS-license. At the Nordschleife I love the Fuchsroehre going down to Adenauer Forst... Full speed downhill and then a double-S... But the karussel is hard, too... A lot of cars loose control and ride outside...
    The Foxhole!!!! Ahhh its all about the 'cahones', i hit 120mph into it on my last lap, god the stomach crunch was brilliant

Its a dream come true for me, i think its going to be a regular for me though. Alredy planning next years trip. ClubVR4 are a good bunch of guys to travel with.

Had a nosy in your garage, Love the Delica! I just sold my L300 recently. The guys on CVR4 would love to see pics of all you old galants and sapporo collections, you should pop by.

Mike

Nice pics Mike.

Maybe I can make the trip in the spring

Hey Eric...wasssup!

Well ive booked to go back to the Nurburgring again in Easter!! Cant get enough of it.

Anyways, ive been back on track recently!

Sideways VR4 for you

^Sweet ride!

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    How difficult is it to get on the track? I am going to be visiting europe next year and the ring is on my list of things to do. I would obviously be in some sort of rental car...hopefully some type of BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

@ Stewi: There´s no problem in getting on the track. Look for day that the track is openend for "tourist-driving". You can order your tickets online or at the office at the track... The "Nordschleife" is mostly opened at weekends, the "Gran-prix-track" between monday and friday.

The Nordschleife is the ultimate track - the track for real men, if you believe that you are a good driver it will show you that you aren´t....

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en.html

Prices start at 22 € for one round ( 31,61 $ )

But you will have a problem driving a rental car at the track. All rentals forbid the driving on the track, and the office will check the carpass before they let you in....

Maybe you can find two ore three pals, that will invest into a used car, that you will sell after your visit. That will be much cheaper than rent a car and pay the fees for the use on the track.

1 mile on the track = 1.000 miles on normal roads....

With a stock rental car, even a BMW, you can´t drive the track - it´s too soft, the tires won´t resist the road...

Best to buy an older BMW with a M-Suspension. You can get them under 3.000 €, and if you sell them after the track maybe you can get the same price again....

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...e&pageNumber=1

If you will crash it, bad luck - but cheaper than telling the rental that the wreck stands at the ring....

Let it be checked at a "free" garage, spend some new oil, have a look at the transmission and the engine. If it runs fine it will last for 10 - 15 rounds on the track....

One round is peanuts - you need min. 4 rounds to learn the track, it hills and kurves...

One good advice: A lot of PC-games offers driving thru the "green hell" - use them for learning the track. But don´t think, that after playing you would know everything. You can learn, what combinations of straights and kurves will appear, but real driving is 100% different....

Be careful of other drivers - maybe you will notice that some grandpas (like me) in some small-size-cars will hunt you and show what driving the hell means... There are a lot of small high-powered cars on the track that will reach more than 150 mph....

On the other side there are a lot of family-vans on the track, that will block you. Nervous drivers without experience, they do a lot of mistakes....

Don´t forget about the weather - maybe one part of the track the sun shines, the track is dry and driving is more fun than sex - after the next hill it rains and the raod is slippery....

But when you finished the hell - whow, that feeling is like having sex with your car....

It didn´t got its name "The green hell" because it is so simple.... On this track every manufacturer of cars tries the suspensions, and there are a lot of prototypes that you can see thorn and twisted....
    Last edited by big&bad; 01-01-2010 at 06:18 AM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast