The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Picked up my Remus exhaust today, but...?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Tiller

Picked up my Remus exhaust today, but...?

I got the Universal round canister style with the 92x78 oval tip... there is a tag on the muffler that reads "for cars between 50-110kw"...

i'm not sure if this is what i wanted... it looks nice as hell, and it's a straight through design...

Maybe one of the overseas guys will read this and be able to give me some input...

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah Remus looks really nice and sounds great. The muffler you picked up was designed for cars between 67 and 148 horsepower.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah Remus looks really nice and sounds great. The muffler you picked up was designed for cars between 67 and 148 horsepower.</div>

yeah, but i beleive the conversion has to be made from WHP, not crank horsepower... so figuring a 30% loss from the auto tranny, i think i have the right muffler for my application

195-30%= about 140...? of course that doesn't incluse the AEM and the muffler once it goes on...

should be all good...

Senior TGC Member
    Most of us V6 dynos are at about 152 to 157 whp on average. Hope this helps. I wouldn't worry too much.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Tiller
    hey fellas... thanks for all the feedback... you all have been very helpful...

No problem Tiller any time

lol
    Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Outlawzcc)</div><div class='quotemain'>No problem Tiller any time Â*

lol
    Jason</div>

great place to get good info, if you are into riceing out your ride...

toc8g
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Outlawzcc)</div><div class='quotemain'>No problem Tiller any time Â*

lol
    Jason</div>

great place to get good info, if you are into riceing out your ride...</div>

:?: :?: :? Could you elaborate more on that statement.

Tiller
    someone asks about clearing your corners, fake ass HID headlight bulbs, washer nozzle lights, or a bodykit or spoiler and you'll get 20 replies...

ask something performance oreinted, and you get a few, if you're lucky...

Tiller keep it as a joke. That what I meant by my post.

Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Outlawzcc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Tiller keep it as a joke. Â*That what I meant by my post.

Jason </div>

i knew that man... i know you, you know me.. it's all good...