The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2g FWD turbo axles on 7g galant ?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

2g FWD turbo axles on 7g galant ?

Hi everybody,

Today i install my fresh F5M31 tranny with FWD ACT flywheel and customize my starter plate for using it with FWD flywheel and this tranny .
    F5M31 is the stock tranny of galant 2.4 N/T but all the gears as same as galant vr4 and 2nd gear has double synchro . plus it has 2g 27 splines differential . first i need to buy the 2g FWD turbo LSD like wavetrac of quaife for this tranny cuz it seems its similar as 2g FWD F5M33 tranny , then upgrade with good axles like www.raxles.com but i need some info about our axles and 2g axles . i heard our axles as same as 2g FWD but im not sure . i can order good axles from raxles but please make me sure that can i use the 2g FWD axles on the 7g galant ? you know everything must be same as dimension and lenght .

please let me know if you have any right info about it .
    Thank you in advance !
    Ali Viento

TGC Regular
    No the 2G axels are not the same... The spline that goes into the transmission are different.. So if its a 2g trans you need 2g axels and if its a G trans then you need G axels

i know that bro the 2g axles doesnt same as the galant 7g on splines , if its same then i dont have problem with new transmission front differential :D , i just ask it cuz i dont know is the 2g fwd axles as same as galant 7g on the lenght and dimension .
    the galant 7g 4 cylinder has 25 splines axles but 7g FWD v6 has 27 splines ( F5M31 tranny ).

By the way , thanks for your quick answer bro.

The axles are identical for exception of the splines on the tranny side. Same length and stuff. IDK if you have the 420A Crysler Engines over there, but these axles wont work. They have to be off 2g 4g63
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

i talked with john shepherd about F5M transmissions and im sure now that my transmission is F5M33 not F5M31 . F5M31 tranny comes on 2.4L v6 or 2.0L v6 on 7g galant but F5M33 comes from eclipse 2g GST turbo . its alot stronger than F5M31 cuz it will not be as strong as the 33 due to the tooth profile .
    Now im not sure if the V6 2.0L galant 7g has 27 splines (tranny side) alxes or not , if they have the 27 splines axles it means the front differential of F5M31 and F5M33 is same but if not it means i must buy the EClipse 2g GST axles for using 27 spline differential on my F5M33 transmission .
    But i have something in my mind for buying the AWD Front QUAIFE LSD and use my final drive with it on my F5M33 cuz Quaife AWD front LSD has 25 splines like our OEM 7g axles and it can hold fine .
    another choice is the mitsubishi clutch LSD of galant VR4 6g RS , they also have 25 spline diffenetial and will fit on F5M33 tranny as well . tomorrow first i will go to junkyard for VR4 6g RS front LSD then i will try for quaife or something else ....

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    i noticed you mentioned interest on raxles earlier in the thread just to let you know that they do offer lifetime warranty but if your axle goes bad Marty won't just send you a replacement he'll want you to send the axle and he'll repair the axle you sent and send it back..meaning Longer Downtime he won't send you a flat out exchange.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    theres a member that used 2g axles with galant tranny or galant axles on the eclipse tranny.. so somewhere it works that theres a match
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service