The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VR4 strut clearance problem on 7g galant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 43

VR4 strut clearance problem on 7g galant

Hi everybody,

Today i installed my vr4 strut bar on my E54 galant 7g but it has clearance problem with hood , im sure its the 7g galant vr4 strut bar but i dont know where the problem is .
    please check the pics here and let me know if you find any answers .

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...o/PICT3893.jpg
    http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...o/PICT3894.jpg
    http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...o/PICT3895.jpg
    http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...o/PICT3896.jpg
    http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...o/PICT3898.jpg
    http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...o/PICT3897.jpg

Thank you in advance !
    ALi Viento

that strut tower bar is made for the 8G, even though the length does fit the 7G, the height doesn't... I suggest get someone to fabricate a whole new bar.. keep the strut plates.. that should make it easier..

i think the 8g vr4 strut bar works on the 7g (atleast i think on the usdm 7g)

TGC Regular
    You have to trim the skeleton of your hood in order for it to clear...

there isnt any problem on my struts or the place of struts ? please check my strut angle and place and compare with yours .
    i heard the 8g vr4 struts fit on 7g easily and its best choice , plus Skrap i saw this strut on your car , did you trim skeleton of your hood after installing the strut bar ?

Thanks for all replys.
    Ali

TGC Regular
    Actually this is not the strut bar that i have on my car... I have a cheapo ebay one on my car... The one that you are trying to put on is for the 8th gen vr4 model.. It will Fit on your 7th gen.. But in order to do it you will need to trim the skeleton a little but.. Just where it is hitting. Be caful and only take a little bit at a time becasue you dont want to take too much out... Your strut towers are idetical to ours here in the US. Like i said your just going to have to trim it.. Or you could try and bang it up.. But i would be really carful not to dent the hood up... Then it would be time for a new hood lol.

I have it on my car and yes, you have to trim the skeleton.
    Other than that there is no better brace you could put on your car. Its literally the most rigid OEM brace I've ever seen( next to the OEM evo braces)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    The 8G VR-4 one won't fit with out modification, however you can get a cusco one for the 8G and that fits the 7G perfectly fine with no modification.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

the reason it wont fix is the strut towers in the E54A (and FWD EA## 8th gen JDM Galants) are actually taller than the 4WD E74A/E84A and EC5A/W Galants and Legnums. I found this out when I first tried fitting a stock 8G VR-4 strut bar to mine, and then buying an aftermarket 7G VR-4 strut bar only to find it didn't fit also. If you compare the engine bay of an E54A and E74A/E84A side by side and look carefully around the strut towers you'll see what I mean.

So if you have a 7G or 8G VR-4 the strut towers will fit fine, not so much on a FWD 7G.

so did you try turning it around? somthing to try before cutting....

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    so did you try turning it around? somthing to try before cutting....
    The OEM jdm strut bar isn't like most aftermarket strut bar where the mounting brackets just bolt down to the 3 strut plate bolts.

The JDM one not only bolts to the 3 strut plate bolts but also bolts to one of the upper control arm bolt towards the back of the strut apron.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

hey bud, if you decide to cut you internal hood reinforcement, all power to ya. but if not.. I'll take it :)

Quote Originally Posted by es_fact View Post
    hey bud, if you decide to cut you internal hood reinforcement, all power to ya. but if not.. I'll take it :)
    you still can't put it on yours tho

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

thats mine installed. all you do is trim the skeleton around the bar. the bar only hit in 3 places. before i trimmed the hood skeleton i could close the hood. it would just bulge at the ends.

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

TGC Regular
    Your really need to get rid of that battery bro....

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    you still can't put it on yours tho
    WHAT? lol i though 8g to 8g lol fml

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by es_fact View Post
    WHAT? lol i though 8g to 8g lol fml
    No its different.. The 8th G vr4 engine bay n suspension is set up the exact same way as the usdm 7th G.. Its weird but it wouldnt fit.. I think your towers are set up differently

I believe it will fit 8g with some small modifications. It will need to drill new holes and cut off that piece that bolts to the control arm bolt. As long it clears the hood, i think it might work
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    Your really need to get rid of that battery bro....
    nope that battery was in the car when i bought it in 2000 and i still have it today. thats said it's having issues starting some really cold days. but hey i got 5spd, roll start FTW!

fuck lol :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast