The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VR4 strut clearance problem on 7g galant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 43
    injector pulsewidth and deadtimes are on separate tables. the tables are determined by battery voltage.
    If your battery is old, you are taxing your alternator trying to keep it charged, and your ecu will run weaker injector maps.

old battery=weak performance.

Get a new one before you kill your alternator. a walmart battery is better than what you are rocking today.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    I believe it will fit 8g with some small modifications. It will need to drill new holes and cut off that piece that bolts to the control arm bolt. As long it clears the hood, i think it might work
    even if... the usdm 8g towers are too tall. Hell, dont most of the c/f hoods have to be trimmed just to clear the strut tower? With that said the the 8g vr4 bar even if it could be bolted on, would more than likely have to go through the hood lol.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yeah trig just showed me why lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    I believe it will fit 8g with some small modifications. It will need to drill new holes and cut off that piece that bolts to the control arm bolt. As long it clears the hood, i think it might work
    nope it don't fit the 8g it's to short i found out the hard way and i stillhave the vr4 strut layin around the house taken up ..space

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    hey just a pic request of where you guys trimmed so i know where to trim mine
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nando View Post
    nope it don't fit the 8g it's to short i found out the hard way and i stillhave the vr4 strut layin around the house taken up ..space
    Sell it! Some 7th G guys would kill for one of those at a decent price..

a helpful pic of where you guys trimmed would be appreciated cuz i have mine now lol
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Itll be different for each car depending on how your hood is aligned. The way I was gonna do it was by putting some toothpaste on the tower bar and then close the hood and cut off the it was printed
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

After some modifications on hood skeleton , i installed my OEM VR4 strut bar on my 7g galant , thanks alot for all advices . there is some pics from my enigne with VR4 strut tower .

Last edited by ali_viento; 12-13-2009 at 02:24 PM

where can I get a front lip like that?

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    where can I get a front lip like that?
    thats a diamond edition front bumper with a brush gaurd off a vr4
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    Sell it! Some 7th G guys would kill for one of those at a decent price..
    pm me and ill give u a price.

its the front bumper of JDM galant viento hatchback , they have VR4 engine and VR4 driveation ( 4WD ) but has two color on the body , for example silver and blue , silver and green , etc . another thing that you must to know is all the viento bumpers comes in a Silver color with guard and 2 ram airs . there is some pics from front and behind of these models :

Last edited by ali_viento; 11-13-2009 at 06:31 AM

Proto

Is this brush gaurd seperately available? Who offers it? What does it cost - I think i want one....

It's not Galant Vientos they are on. The Viento is the BASE model Galant, usually with 1.8 4cyl or 1.8/2.0 SOHC V6 engines.

That five door liftback is called the Galant Sports in Japan, with the turbo 4WD one being the Galant Sports GT. As above all of them are two tone, facelift only (so they have the "diamond edition" bumper) and have that nudge bar on the front, which I think looks f**king ridiculous

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    ^I think that brush guard looks cool, it demonstrates the Galants Rally history, perhaps some rally style lights could be mounted on it....

Quote Originally Posted by fuel View Post
    It's not Galant Vientos they are on. The Viento is the BASE model Galant, usually with 1.8 4cyl or 1.8/2.0 SOHC V6 engines.

That five door liftback is called the Galant Sports in Japan, with the turbo 4WD one being the Galant Sports GT. As above all of them are two tone, facelift only (so they have the "diamond edition" bumper) and have that nudge bar on the front, which I think looks f**king ridiculous
    i have to agree IMO it ruins a DE bumper
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

On my silver 7G it must look georgious.... And it would be the first one here that it would have...
    I like this offroad-style - would be interisting to see how it looks if the car is lowered with 18"-rims...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast