The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front brake is dragging

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Front brake is dragging

My left front brake is doing this. I suspect that the pot is stuck, because I tried greasing the sliding pins which keep the saddle together and it didnt help. How should I continue? Im pretty new with car brakes. I noticed the dragging when the car got sluggish and the rim was getting hot when driving.

I have also a leak in the exhaust pipe. It is located at the rear axle before the end muffler. How much does this affect the performance of the car? Im going to replace it as soon as possible.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Sounds like your front caliper piston is locked up. If you tried to regrease the slide bolts and it hasn't freed then its time to replace the caliper. Its to fix the issue right away...or that brake pad and rotor will be toasted bad.

A exhaust leak will cause your motor to run less efficiently due to loss of backpressure. Poor MPG, acceleration, etc etc...you should notice already the car is a bit more sluggish.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

The brake caliper is now replaced and working. Thx for advice on that.

I padded the exhaust leak with exhaust repair paste, but i suspect that it wont last very long. The rottened section in the pipe is after cat. It looks like that i have to buy original piping for that because at the rear axle it makes a great turn, and it hard to make it myself. Have you created any other ways of getting past the rear axle than the orginal solution?