The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM conversion almost complete!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24
    Experienced TGC Member

JDM conversion almost complete!

So after a long time coming ive ditched the kit entirely. It was surely time for a change and im 10x more happy with this setup. Perfect fitment and a Cleaner look. Overall i think it turned out great. Ive yet to install the sideskirts and headlights but thats soon to come as well. For now its just the vr4 front with fogs and OEM rear. Also is pics of my brake swaps. Im not sure i posted official pics of those either. Let me know what you guys think. I lost my lights for the rear bumper so if anyone has some laying around PLEASE PM me! Thanks!

Sweet man. Are those 18's?
    At the moment they look waay large. 17's and more drop would look sick.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    Really like the direction you took

very clean. I like.

unlike dohcstunr, i like big wheels on cars. except when you're racing, then the big wheels slow you down :(

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    Sweet man. Are those 18's?
    At the moment they look waay large. 17's and more drop would look sick.
    Dude. Will you PLEASE take pics of your JDM sides and tell me how you installed them? I have an idea but im not sure. Your help will be greatly appreciated. And yes they are 18's

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Dude. Will you PLEASE take pics of your JDM sides and tell me how you installed them? I have an idea but im not sure. Your help will be greatly appreciated. And yes they are 18's
    it's a little tricky.

whay you only ask stunr, you know how many people have them skirts? the real question is, do you have the endcaps?

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    it's a little tricky.

whay you only ask stunr, you know how many people have them skirts? the real question is, do you have the endcaps?
    He is the only one i can think of at the moment. And no i didnt get end caps. Thats what i was confused about. Can you snap me some pics real quick? I may have to make some or ill email the guy and tell him he forgot to send the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    He is the only one i can think of at the moment. And no i didnt get end caps. Thats what i was confused about. Can you snap me some pics real quick? I may have to make some or ill email the guy and tell him he forgot to send the shit.
    you can't make any. i got mine from trigg for $60

since i am nice i will walk outside right now and snap some pics

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Looks Great!

remember you need to line the skirts up from the back first. the skirts don't reach all the way up. there is a little curve in the back of the skirt that is supposed to fit at the rear of the car.

there are some tabs on the skirst for the clips that hold the skirt in. i broke them tabs off so they sit flush. i ran double sided exterior tabe along the whole skirt top end. there is a channel for the tape.

i then added 6 sheet metal screws under the skirt that go into the body as a saftey net incase the tape fails. they have rubber washers on them too.

without the endcaps

with them
    Last edited by kolio; 10-04-2009 at 02:41 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    plz take some pics man.. john was telling me how he installed them and he was gonna send me some pics and yours will help to

btw the car looks awesome
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Experienced TGC Member
    Thanks man. im going to email the guy and see what i can come up with. If not ill email trigg about the end caps.

car looks clean, just slightly tuck them 18s :)

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    car looks clean, just slightly tuck them 18s :)
    i HATE tucked wheels.

kolio.. now that i see the pic of the end caps.. i think my g has them on there ill double check later

and im hopefully getting vr4 mudflaps as well
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    kolio.. now that i see the pic of the end caps.. i think my g has them on there ill double check later

and im hopefully getting vr4 mudflaps as well
    no you have USDM caps........ they are way toooooo small.

FYI for those looking for encaps these are the part numbers

MB912601 Left
    MB912602 Right

yeah I used to love my 18's but with the JDM kit even with no gap the car still sits so high off the ground. Now i have 17's and they honestly don't appear any smaller than the old 18's. They honestly don't and now the car can sit much lower. I love the stance now. But... to each his own I suppose.
    The wheels probably won't appear as oversized once the sideskirts are on.

car is looking great.
    I've never been a fan of big body kits on the 7g. Only ones i like are Peanotation's car and Blue Ice. theirs look badass cause of the showcar paint an the solid fit.

can't wait to see how it looks with the JDM heads, usdm are really holding it back.

Glad to have you back homie!

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

looks good awesome.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    yeah I used to love my 18's but with the JDM kit even with no gap the car still sits so high off the ground. Now i have 17's and they honestly don't appear any smaller than the old 18's. They honestly don't and now the car can sit much lower. I love the stance now. But... to each his own I suppose.
    The wheels probably won't appear as oversized once the sideskirts are on.

car is looking great.
    I've never been a fan of big body kits on the 7g. Only ones i like are Peanotation's car and Blue Ice. theirs look badass cause of the showcar paint an the solid fit.

can't wait to see how it looks with the JDM heads, usdm are really holding it back.

Glad to have you back homie!
    Yea man. Im back in action for now! I got into the whole RC thing for a while and i was spending a shitload of money for something that i dont enjoy as much as i do my car. I do however plan on ditching my 18's for some 17's eventually but im going to boost the car first which should be coming in the next 2 months or less. Im about to bid on some shit that will get me realllly close to having all the shit i need for my turbo build. After i boost ill be building the 63t i have in the garage to drop in the galant... With time she will prevail!

kolio.. searched those part numbers everywhere and nowhere has them
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast