The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g turbo questions

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    Experienced TGC Member

7g turbo questions

As some of you know BOOOOST is in my near future. I already have the turbo (16g), injectors, resistor pack, FMIC, piping ,BOV, Maf translator pro, and a Zeitronix ZT2 wideband kit. Now i know that ive asked some of you guys to show me some pics of turbo oil and coolant lines and shit but nobody has helped me out. Can someone PLEASE help me out and show me some pics? Also are you guys running a knock sensor? Im just planning to boost the SOHC motor with about 8psi. Im just not sure about the knock sensor. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I hope to be jumping on this bandwagon as SOOOON as possible!

Parts that i still need are:
    2g Intake pipe
    oil and coolant lines for the turbo
    2g exhaust manifold
    2g 3'' down pipe

and a few other misc things so ill keep you guys posted

Thanks,
    Johnas

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    im not running coolant lines..well i didnt but when it goes back on i might

i feed from the oil filter housing instead of the head like the stock 63 as its a more steady flow so you dont starve the turbo and our head is different anyway.. you have the oil pan?? and the stock 2g return line is fine and a new OEM one is only like 15 bucks or you can get a braided or rubber one for like 50 bucks and im not going to run a knock sensor until i do the ecu and head swap and im not all too worried.. im sorry i have no pics either

also.. how many miles are on your motor?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post

i feed from the oil filter housing instead of the head like the stock 63 as its a more steady flow so you dont starve the turbo and our head is different anyway.. you have the oil pan?? and the stock 2g return line is fine and a new OEM one is only like 15 bucks or you can get a braided or rubber one for like 50 bucks and im not going to run a knock sensor until i do the ecu and head swap and im not all too worried.. im sorry i have no pics either

I replaced rings, bearings, head bolts, and gaskets 20k ago. I didnt replace pistons or rods because they looked good.

how many miles on those.. im just seeing as my motor has 164k and still has almost perfect compression and the vacuum is on point

i got most of my gaskets and my lines from extreme psi as well as they are cheaper than slowboy and most other places
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Experienced TGC Member
    133k on the motor, runs strong, no oil burning or leaking.

do you still have the oem water lines attached to the 16g?

I took a pic a while back for you but the light is so bad and theres a bunch of line running back there so its difficult to see...

It is extremly easy to locate the water line to route to your turbo. use the bent outlet off the iac to feed your turbo water and the other water line coming out of your turbo to feed the pipe that the Iac originally was feeding...

makes sense?

here's a pic of the bent pipe to start the feed from a galant iac
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    As some of you know BOOOOST is in my near future. I already have the turbo (16g), injectors, resistor pack, FMIC, piping ,BOV, Maf translator pro, and a Zeitronix ZT2 wideband kit. Now i know that ive asked some of you guys to show me some pics of turbo oil and coolant lines and shit but nobody has helped me out. Can someone PLEASE help me out and show me some pics? Also are you guys running a knock sensor? Im just planning to boost the SOHC motor with about 8psi. Im just not sure about the knock sensor. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I hope to be jumping on this bandwagon as SOOOON as possible!

Parts that i still need are:
    2g Intake pipe
    oil and coolant lines for the turbo
    2g exhaust manifold
    2g 3'' down pipe

and a few other misc things so ill keep you guys posted

Thanks,
    Johnas

From what Seth and i have read the knock sensor goes on the back of the block you can use the hole where you mound the intake support bracket which i guess you do not need lol. Im running into the same problem right now on where to put the damn thing. Coolant lines for the turbo are completely optional im not going to run them just oil lines should be fine.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    do you still have the oem water lines attached to the 16g?

I took a pic a while back for you but the light is so bad and theres a bunch of line running back there so its difficult to see...

It is extremly easy to locate the water line to route to your turbo. use the bent outlet off the iac to feed your turbo water and the other water line coming out of your turbo to feed the pipe that the Iac originally was feeding...

makes sense?

here's a pic of the bent pipe to start the feed from a galant iac
    this is the easiest way to do it. this is how i am going to do it as well. the coolant in the throttle body should be fine for the turbo. all you need is some line, a couple t's and fittings, and a clamp or two.

the other route is remove the stock water pipe that runs to the thermostat and put the 2G turbo one in. i have compared them and they look to be interchangable. the 2G one has the nipples for the coolant lines.

oil you can remove the allan bolts from the oil filter housing or get the sndwich adaptor.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Sandwich adapter isnt the best option since itll push the oil filter out and in the way of the downpipe. You might be able to fit the stock 2g downpipe, but it wont fit aftermarket one.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Sandwich adapter isnt the best option since itll push the oil filter out and in the way of the downpipe. You might be able to fit the stock 2g downpipe, but it wont fit aftermarket one.
    ya it depends on the adaptor too. i seen it on an eclipse with a 3" downpipe. but it varies

also they can come loose and dump all your oil in a matter of seconds

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member
    My thought on the water lines was exactly the same as you guys. I dont have that coolant line hooked up to my throttle body anymore since switching to the 60mm anyways. I guess once i get there ill figure it all out. Ill be having a couple of my friend helping me out with this project anyway. Im no wiring expert so i surely need help from them and you guys as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post

wait what? You where never turbo'd!!!!!!!!!!

1996 galant s

mitch it was get over it.. its going back on in the spring.. upgrading a few parts from the old setup tho.. out with the flex hose and in with 2.5 intercooler piping, all new exhaust mani studs, broke 1 from last time as they are rusty.. what you want from me.. pics of all the parts cuz i dont have pics of it on as i was in tennessee and they dont have internet and i didnt have my own camera.. go to my build thread and i sent a few shitty pics 2 gabe so he could load at least something

anyway.. dont overrun his thread with mindless babble of what you think you know.. hes on the right track and only needs a few things.. good work so far shadow
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

pics or it didnt happen!

I know the feeling i had NOS in my car last week but took it out cause my vetak didnt like it.

1996 galant s

mitch it did happen lol.. i know your a skeptic thats fine, but there is a reason for no pics.. they have no internet, but have directv lol, no camera i used my cam for some pics they were all shitty and i broke it doing the IC piping on my boys 240 4 months ago maybe longer so even if i wanted to i couldnt get them
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

SD cards FTW.

1996 galant s

so I was sitting here thinking.... would this oil line set up work or just rob pressure..
    Filter housing to turbo to oil cooler to oil pan... good Idea bad idea or just one way to do it?

nah man. Its been discussed before. The oil needs to go from the turbo straight to the oil pan. The reason: the feed line for the turbo is -4AN thick, the Drain line is -10AN. Its this size because its gravity that drains the oil and you dont want any restriction there. Plus, the length between the turbo and oil pan is some like 10'' and it really doest give you much room to redirect it for oil cooler and then route it back to the oil pan with enough pitch.

If you want oil cooler you need to get the EVO 3 oil filter housing or use front facing housing from Mighty MAx with oil filter relocation kit. There was a member here who just did the oil filter relocation kit on 8g, but it fits 7g as well, it just needz the front facing oil filter housing. The Evo3 housing will cost you around $150 and the front facing will cost you around $40 plus the relocation kit for $140
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    so I was sitting here thinking.... would this oil line set up work or just rob pressure..
    Filter housing to turbo to oil cooler to oil pan... good Idea bad idea or just one way to do it?
    i dont think you really need to worry about all the relocation and moving and its not worth it in my opinion just run the feed from the filter housing and the return right to the pan
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR