The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 01 Sebring GT Coupe

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 196
    You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    WHAT THE HELL how did I miss this update.

NICE! what are you plans for tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    nice! looks like its too tall to fit the stock hood?
    Stock hood HECK YES! my SS hood not so bad lol
    Last edited by Bring380GT; 02-27-2011 at 04:19 PM
    02 Diamante VRX 5spd swapped
    90 Galant GSX 5spd EvoSpec 4G63 swapped
    01 Sebring GT Coupe (6G75 Powered)(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    WHAT THE HELL how did I miss this update.

NICE! what are you plans for tuning?

Well right now I'm going to be running it like M-rod is with the 74 injectors then when I get some extra money I'm going to have Cody (Tx4codeman) from Club3g tune her

Looks good in there. I'm surprised your STB fits. Mine hit the plenum.

Also, I would still be careful with the 74 injectors. My car was running lean, and I was planning to go directly to the 75's injectors as soon as the weather warms up and I get the car running again.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Looks good in there. I'm surprised your STB fits. Mine hit the plenum.

Also, I would still be careful with the 74 injectors. My car was running lean, and I was planning to go directly to the 75's injectors as soon as the weather warms up and I get the car running again.
    Everyone told me that when I swapped the 74 in the car that you need to tune it or you will go lean but my Wideband says otherwise

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bring350GT View Post
    Everyone told me that when I swapped the 74 in the car that you need to tune it or you will go lean but my Wideband says otherwise
    they said you would go lean with the 74 injectors? or the 72 injectors.

If you think about it, even with the 72 injectors, you won't go lean until you are at full or near-to-full throttle. The MAF is still reading volumetric airflow, so even though at the same "throttle level" the engine is sucking in more air, the ECU knows that and outputs more fuel. Now, at full throttle, when this exceeds the capacity of the injectors, well that's a different story. At least that's my theory.

I'm just saying that based off what my AFR was at during my dyno runs. That was while using the 74's injectors on my 75.

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    they said you would go lean with the 74 injectors? or the 72 injectors.

If you think about it, even with the 72 injectors, you won't go lean until you are at full or near-to-full throttle. The MAF is still reading volumetric airflow, so even though at the same "throttle level" the engine is sucking in more air, the ECU knows that and outputs more fuel. Now, at full throttle, when this exceeds the capacity of the injectors, well that's a different story. At least that's my theory.
    The 72 injectors they said I needed to get the 74 in there asap and tune her or she will run lean but never had that problem even with full throttle pulls

I'm just saying that based off what my AFR was at during my dyno runs. That was while using the 74's injectors on my 75.
    I believe you no problem we will see its not like my car is going to be a daily driver anyways lol

She's almost ready to be fired

Niiiice! Great work, that thing looks really good in there. I'm expecting videos soon :)

Experienced TGC Member
    Excellent work so far man, hopefully everything works out good!

The 74 injectors might work out ok to deliever enough fuel, best thing to do is watch your fuel trims and IDCs to make sure they aren't being over worked. I assume you have the 75 injectors right? If you do definitely get that thing fired up with them and tune everything with them now, it will save you a lot of wasted time adjusting the fuel trims with the 74s, then going back in and doing it again with the 75s.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Excellent work so far man, hopefully everything works out good!

The 74 injectors might work out ok to deliever enough fuel, best thing to do is watch your fuel trims and IDCs to make sure they aren't being over worked. I assume you have the 75 injectors right? If you do definitely get that thing fired up with them and tune everything with them now, it will save you a lot of wasted time adjusting the fuel trims with the 74s, then going back in and doing it again with the 75s.
    Yeah have the 75 injectors I plan on waiting for the clutch break in and then install the 75's and tune it

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Do you still have your stock engine harness in and ECU or does that have to be changed with the 75 engine?

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Do you still have your stock engine harness in and ECU or does that have to be changed with the 75 engine?
    The ECU and harness can remain untouched. I ran all last summer without changing anything. However, if a person performing this swap wanted to do it 100% properly, the 3G M/T ECU and harness would be used. Spd_frk is the only person I know of who is going through those details at the moment.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    The ECU and harness can remain untouched. I ran all last summer without changing anything. However, if a person performing this swap wanted to do it 100% properly, the 3G M/T ECU and harness would be used. Spd_frk is the only person I know of who is going through those details at the moment.
    Awesome, thanks for the info buddy. I believe later on Im ganna do something like this when I find a nice cheap v6 G.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

I did the 5spd swap to the 72 still running the Auto ECU etc also used the same for the 74 engine and its still not going to change lol I'm really interested to see the AFR's because my 74 ran stoich and rich lol never ran lean

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bring350GT View Post
    I did the 5spd swap to the 72 still running the Auto ECU etc also used the same for the 74 engine and its still not going to change lol I'm really interested to see the AFR's because my 74 ran stoich and rich lol never ran lean
    Well, keep in mind your OEM ECU (intended for the 6g72) was running rich, not to mention with the 74 swap the facotry settings in that ECU are considered "aggressive" for the 74 swap, meaning the 74 will run better with the settings because of the increased displacement of the 74 engine.

Also, remember the 72 & 74 had one key difference from the 75 engine platform, the heads. Different elevations can affect things a bit differently, but with the flow numbers from the 75 heads, don't be surprised if you run extremely lean in the mid-top end RPM ranges, definitely log your AFR and watch that knock count, it might surprise you.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    On the Galant, Eclipse A/T, or Stratus A/T, the only time the harness really should be addressed is if you swap to an M/T (if you want things done correctly and to avoid CEL issues on some models).

The M/T harness is something that can be made, but at this point the demand is not there (let's face it, very few people will take up the task themselves). The other option, and something more "reasonable" to most people is an intermediate harness, which I am able to produce for under $300 (ie boomslang).

www.blackheartmotors.net

This car is beyond clean....I saw your sebring in your sig and I was hoping you had a build thread or pics of it...glad I found this thread. Hats off to you and I don't even wear hats lol

Update! sorry I haven't been around everyone been super busy
    Here's the car now

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast