The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 galant with 98 galant engine???

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

94 galant with 98 galant engine???

Can this be done? I aint going to lye this has been a ruff week and i need some rest cause usually i could figure this out. Help me out,please. I know that if possible you have to use a 94-95 distributor. Sorry if this has already been discussed!!

i dont think you could because i swap a 94 motor in my 96 and i was told it couldnt start because the distributor is made different.

Experienced TGC Member
    Im sure youd have to switch it to OBD2. The 94 doesnt have a crank position sensor i beleive. And im not quite sure the 94 head will work with a 98 distributor. I think they are different. Unless u can do a 94 block with 98 head... Something like that.

you put the 98 engine in and just swap out the 98 distributor for the 94 one. Thats it. It has been done before
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    You can use a 96-98 motor in a 94-95 7g, but the differences are:

-Distributor is different between those year ranges
    -You have no use for the crank angle sensor on the 96-98 motors
    -You will have to use your 94-95 intake manifold since 96-98's have the MAP sensor bolted to the intake mani.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

if you don't feel like swapping the intake manifolds, for whatever reason... You can use the obd2 intake manifold and simply leave the MDP sensor unplugged.
    functionally, the only difference is that you use your 94 distributor. And literally nothing else matters.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Thanks guys!! You wouldnt believe the amount of stress im under. I just got too much stuff going on.. New baby will be here very soon,work,busy school schedule for my other kids and im also trying to finish up on my Talon. Things just got so bad from not getting enough sleep lately that i could even think straight..