The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MAFT- GEN 2 vs. PRO + questions

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar

MAFT- GEN 2 vs. PRO + questions

alright this is my great debate every1 and is truly the last thing holding me back on my turbo build. the reason for the dilemma is the price difference, but ive decided cost isnt really a matter this far in.

gen 2 allows you to tune and run the gm maf

pro allows you to tune it and you have 3 different tuning modes
    air/fuel computer mode
    MAF translator mode
    speed density

i like the pro cuz it not only has more tuning capabilities but can even be used as a boost controller

i am unfirmiliar with the pro really being used as a bc and i know the sell a boost selenoid add on and stuff for it and if anyone can help elaborate on that it would be helpful

also... i have a buddy who builds dsms and he onlys uses 2 setups.. 2g maf and safc or 2g maf and link v3 and he is completly against the maft and says he hates it cuz u r constantly retuning it, but i figure you probabaly have to retune a car every so ofter anyway as factors are always changing.. his main thing was saying how weather affects the MAFT and i know roman(goosey) has maft and i remember him saying his was tuned for 60 degrees and it was running bad cuz it was colder than that out.. my question is is it really that big of an issue with the weather.. i like the pro for all it seems to be able to do but dont want to have issues with the climate issues new england has

thanks
    Chris
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I would really like to know about this also, I live in Iowa and the winters here suck bad. summer is just as bad..... I was looking at the MAFT-pro last week and wondered about the tuning modes and what could be accomplished with the whole set up...and if it was worth the extra money or if i should just use the standard MAF-T

Go with Pro. You can use as a SAFC, as a MAF/MAS translator with the option to use a MAP for VE tuning, or go Speed Density.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

know anyone that does this or have a tutorial on it

94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i think im going to go with the pro, but is there any other input in regards to tuning in regards to the weather
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service