The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need help wiring aftermarket HU

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 45

need help wiring aftermarket HU

hello guys
    i bought a cheap priced pioneer deh-2000mp and its my first time opening up dash to do the wiring. i have somewhat idea of what things are but still unsure how to do it. ive read alot of forums but to no avail. everyone is saying different things so if anyone can show me a step by step detail on how to do this, id really appreciate it.

also, how can i make sure that i have the infinity system? it sounds pretty decent so im guessing i do but is there a way to make sure?

if i do have it, i wanna keep the factory amp so i guess i need the mitah adapter but its got four rca cables and i believe i only have one red and white on my HU so thats where im also confused

really appreciate the help and thx for ur time...i jus dont wanna pay outrageous charge to get it done professionally since im tight on budget and it doesnt seem all that hard if you know what ur doing.

ya this is easy what model and year
    Try
    http://www.scosche.com

also with the infinity sound it would be stamped on the speaker screens

the red and white rca jacks on the HU are amp pre outs...... there are 4 on the amp if its 2 channel...one left one right.
    Last edited by RedLine DOHC; 10-19-2009 at 06:45 AM

ok but how do i connect it because my headunit only has two preouts, one red n one white. do i put the DIN cable from the adapter to my headunit and put one set of rca cable to my HU preouts and what do i do with the blue wire? im sry but im like really confused and my dash is all torn rite now so id appreciate some detailed help so i can put it back together asap..thanks again.

also, what is that metra 70-7003 part? thats what some guys are recommending for my 8g and then there is the mitah..not sure what to get

pm me pics of the back of your HU plus wire harness and I will walk you through it and send you links to what you need to buy to get going

What you need

What you need.

RCA Splitter X2
    http://www.google.com/products/catal...859&sa=title#p

Wiring harness
    http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID.../productID/619

If this cant help then you should pay to have it done....

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post

What you need.

RCA Splitter X2
    http://www.google.com/products/catal...859&sa=title#p

Wiring harness
    http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID.../productID/619

If this cant help then you should pay to have it done....
    what is this factory RCA you speak of?? I don't remember any model 8g having factory RCA's

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

There are no factory RCA jacks on the stock head unit. It has a DIN plug that goes to the amp, a CD changer plug and two antenna connectors. I'm holding my stock radio in my hand and looking at it now.

To the OP, look under the passenger seat. If you have an amp there, you have the Infinity system. If you have a center speaker, you have the Infinity system. The speaker grills aren't marked in the rear deck or in the doors. Also, using the Mitah adapter is the cleanest way to go and eliminates splicing and soldering. You just leave the unused RCA plug hanging.
    Last edited by Fishboy55; 10-20-2009 at 04:50 PM
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

ok i got some pics here for what i have...take a look and tell me what am i missing and if you could draw your arrows on my pictures showing what goes where..id appreciate it

these are the pics i took..first one is factory radio i took out, the second is the aftermarket HU im trying to put in, the third is the only two things i pulled out of my factory stereo..the harness and the other black wire, fourth pic is jus the view of that console inside..idk the location of the center speaker you guys are mentioning but i dont see it newhere, that rusty image is under the passenger seat as i see no amp there either and the last image is the trunk speakers where again i see no amp as some guys said there is one in trunk for 8gs so that is all i have and im guessing i dont have the infinity system from those pics..if im wrong, please help me
    thanks again

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    you dont have infinity IMO

just match the colors....

ya i got it to work now..thx guys
    it was just straight wiring..i was confused because i didnt kno if i had the infinity system or not and ppl were talking about mitah adapters and all that but i dont have that system so im good

so run rcas to the after market amp and plug spliters in at the end and you can run a 4 channel amp. if you only want subs then just plug the rcas in to the amp and bridge the subs

ok i got another quick question
    i just bought this stereo kit with the harness
    http://www.zalmar.com/detail-CarElec...io-UP_K800.htm
    i cant figure out how to install it and it doesnt have much instructions
    the clips on side attach to the pocket and i believe then i attach the original metal clips to the plastic ones to install it but i dont see how that wud hold the radio in and also how do i wire it..the pocket is closed at the back?? :/

also, my front right speaker has this ticking sound if i turn the volume up high..neone kno why?

you do not need a dash kit

so how do i attach it? the holes on the metal clips dont match up wit the after market player

what don't you understand that you do not need it nor can you use it

i dont think your getin my point man..do u kno the metal clips that hold your factory stereo..attached with four small gold screws to the stereo? im talking bout those..i cant jus throw the aftermarket radio in there without securing it down to nething to keep in place..im not even mentioning the kit nemore cuz it wont fit

you unscrew them from the factory hu and screw them on to the new HU using the screws that come with the new HU. should be self explanitory

well i bought the new HU on craigslist so i got nothing with it..even if i had them, the holes dont match to screw them in..id prlly have to drill new holes

there is multiple holes on the HU

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast