The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need help wiring aftermarket HU

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 45
    ok let me check then..if i cant find it, ill take pics of it so u can look and guide me..thx for the help

ok i even took the cover off the new HU and i did see few more holes but still they wont line up wit the clip holes and i guess the screw size is diff too..factory uses 8mm and it says 18mm on the new HU

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    this is why i never buy a used headunit unless it has EVERYTHING. go to best buy and see if they have any extra screws they can give you.

and what cover are you talking about?

well it was cheap..i really didnt want to replace it..i jus wanted an aux port to hook up my ipod so i bought used HU ..it jus got this sliding clip cover on it not sure why..must be from previous owner..seems like it has no use tho

are you talking about the cage? the metal sleeve? if that is the case, the 8g doesn't use that. we use what is called an iso mount

ya..that
    what is iso mount
    and i doubt best buy will have nething cuz this stereo is old now..im jus gonna have to find two screws to hold the deck in place wit them clips and match the holes on the deck wit the clip and drill holes..i see no other way cuz all other holes on deck dnt match

iso mount aka using the brackets.
    you doubt it? why do you doubt it? i work at best buy (hence my avatar) and i can tell you that they should have something if they have misc. screws from decks that don't use them.

and they are not called clips, they are iso mounts

i don't see how you can't line up the holes. there are multiple holes on the deck. i have had 4 different decks in my car and i have been able to match holes each time.

what brand is it?

well i tried everything to match them..its pioneer deh-2000mp
    hold on..ill sho u pics
    lemme go grab some

i've put a last year model pioneer into an 8g when i worked for circuit city, and they line up perfect, you might just need the new screws

here is how they fit..the hole marked circled is where the factory hole lines up..but that hole isnt straight..its smaller and tilting down into the other hole which seems to be the main hole to put screws in and other side doesnt line up at all..it comes on top of where u see the middle of that grooved part

have you tried sliding the brackets further back?

if i do that..wudnt the radio stick out? also, i was jus testing to see how it wud look after the new HU is in but it seems there is a gap..the thickness of the new HU is less than factory

it will stick out a lil bit but that is normal on most HU's. as far as the size, that is normal.

Yea my indash sticks out a bit. Its not that bad though. You could try and find some radio trim to try and make it looks flush.
    See:

ok ill try that if i can find the right screws
    also, the harness i got doesnt have ground cable so i jus tap that wit any bolt in there?
    u guys kno anything about the speaker ticking on high volume..front passenger side?

Quote Originally Posted by tanpan View Post
    ok ill try that if i can find the right screws
    also, the harness i got doesnt have ground cable so i jus tap that wit any bolt in there?
    u guys kno anything about the speaker ticking on high volume..front passenger side?
    Not sure if you can see but you can ground the cable to that screw thats back there on the left side. You might be able to see it in that pic. As far as the speaker do you mean it sounds weird at high volume? If you want to have your music loud it might be better to upgrade the speakers.

ya isee it..no, it doesnt sound weird..it jus has this ticking clicky sound on high volume..like the song will be playing jus fine with bass and all..the speaker jus goes tick tick tick but goes away if i turn the volume down..only front passenger side

I would just suggest you try and get you some good alpine or any other of your choice to replace the stock ones because they will give you better sound quality. The speaker probably just can't handle the high volume/bass.

I used a dremel to elongate the holes on the factory brackets to sink my radio back further into the dash and used a trim ring to make it look flush.
    it took a little extra time but the alternative is ugly.

and you only need rca's if you HAVE the infinity system and the din cable adapter for the factory amp.
    if you don't have infinity then it doesn't matter how many preouts your radio has.

Quote Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
    and you only need rca's if you HAVE the infinity system and the din cable adapter for the factory amp.
    if you don't have infinity then it doesn't matter how many preouts your radio has.
    incorrect statement again.

correct statement would be: if you have the infinity system your deck requires a minimum of 2 preouts (3 preouts if you are wanting to add a sub)

if you do not have the infinity system, then the number of preouts can still matter depending on what you are adding.

but i think all of us already knew this on here since this is old.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast