The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EMS for a turbo built 6g72

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

EMS for a turbo built 6g72

Hey guys, Im fairly new to the world of FI. I just purchased a turbo set up for my gtz with a t3/t4 hybrid turbo and also my motor is some what built with CP Forged 8:8:1 Pistons, Shot Peened Rods, Overbored .40, and Rpw valve springs. Now I have to figure out what EMS system to go with. My question is what systems are some of you FI guys using, pros/cons? and what would you suggest? Im currently looking at the emanage ultimate just because I can get it for about 500 new from a friend. let me know! any infor or insight would greatly be appreciated. Also im mainly going to be using this car for just weekend fun/driving and track it every once in awhile if that matters. Thanks!

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    How about pics !!!!

also im looking into running coil packs also because ive read the our distributers wont last long on a boosted set up. any insight on that would be great also. thanks!

johnygezony- ill try to get you some pics tonight or tomorrow.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Well my question to you is why are you running on stiffer springs on stock camshaft, and what turbo kit did you get....there are no turbo kits out for our cars but the ebay kits which are a majoy nono unless you dont care spending money on fixing the damages. Give us pix and more info about what you have and maybe we can help...

... i dont even think there are ebay turbo kits for our cars or even the v6's. But the kit i purcahsed was a custom kit made by turbo concepts in michigan. its uses the turbo concepts wastegate, precision t3/t4 hybrid turbo, turboxs blow off valve type H.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDMS-...item1c0b8e2869

Yes they do.lol but hey as far with EMS Im not sur ewhat people out there use for the v6 models. The ultimate E-mag sytem should do fine unless other people have other thoughts, but that might be your best bet. Im still on the question on asking you is why did you upgrade the valve springs with out running a more agressive cam?

haha wtf i guess you can find / get anything on ebay. lol. as far as the valve springs go those were installed by the shop that built the motor for the previous owner. so its a good question. ill have to give him a call and ask

Experienced TGC Member
    How much power do you plan to make, how much pis of boost are you going to run? Any fuel upgrades (injectors, pump, Adjustable FPR?)

The E-manage Ultimate will do just fine for the boost build whether its the V6 or 4cyl engine. The benefit really for the Ultimate is that you can ditch the MAF sensor as well. The distributor should be good up to I think 300-350hp or more, but don't hold me to that exact number just yet as I will have to dig through some of the old information I have stuffed away at home.

If they put stronger springs in the motor on stock cams, it is possible they were building the motor for a mid-high end RPM power powerband so the valves will close quicker and helps to reduce valve float in those RPM ranges. You would likely not notice much of a gain from doing this on stock cams, but it is more common on aftermarket cams.

Also the T3/T4 Hybrid turbo choice is "ok" to start with, but I would guess you will quickly need to upgrade to something different unless you don't plan to run very much boost, or bigger HP numbers.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

where in michigan is turbo concepts ? I live in GR

oh and that so called "kit" is just a universal set up, there is no manifold
    Last edited by johnygezony; 10-22-2009 at 02:38 PM

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    How much power do you plan to make, how much pis of boost are you going to run? Any fuel upgrades (injectors, pump, Adjustable FPR?)

The E-manage Ultimate will do just fine for the boost build whether its the V6 or 4cyl engine. The benefit really for the Ultimate is that you can ditch the MAF sensor as well. The distributor should be good up to I think 300-350hp or more, but don't hold me to that exact number just yet as I will have to dig through some of the old information I have stuffed away at home.

If they put stronger springs in the motor on stock cams, it is possible they were building the motor for a mid-high end RPM power powerband so the valves will close quicker and helps to reduce valve float in those RPM ranges. You would likely not notice much of a gain from doing this on stock cams, but it is more common on aftermarket cams.

Also the T3/T4 Hybrid turbo choice is "ok" to start with, but I would guess you will quickly need to upgrade to something different unless you don't plan to run very much boost, or bigger HP numbers.
    Hey thanks for the responce! I did pick up a fuellab fpr and I am also going to be getting a walbro fuel pump and injectors but im still doing some homework on what i should get. So if you have any insight that would be great! Sorry im a noob at this =). Im still trying to get as much info on what parts and things I should be getting. Rather ask questions and be safe rather then blowing my shit up haha. As far as hp goes Id like to break into the mid 300s and then as I learn more I would want to try and break 400. From what I was told I need to upgrade the distributer because thats what went bad on the motor. It was suggested I do coil packs. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    where in michigan is turbo concepts ? I live in GR
    They are located in Brighton

^ok so by ann arbor

Heres a quick cell phone pic

What sized injectors bro?
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

is the car blue?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

no my car is black with the custom faded clear coat look haha

I was running the older eManage Blue, so I am sure the eManage Ultimate should be fine. I didn't have any problems with the distributor, but I didn't push my car either, as I was still running a stock block with 7.5psi at the most.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    OMG that oxygen sensor is REALLY close to the turbo, your gonna be buying o2 sensors every 5,000 miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    generally for the v6 if you want a standalone, go with the haltech. as of this moment as far as im aware the ems is not compatable with our cars per say. you are able to go with a universal however that can get quite expensive. there is however last time i checked a member who is trying to create a setup for our cars.

of course a standalone is always better but the e-manage is also a good alternative. while you wont be able to achieve everything you would from a standalone it is the next closest thing

I sell a plug and play kit for an AEM EMS for the V6 5 spds. Yes I can build a harness for the auto's too, but the stock computer has to stay in the loop to drive the auto.
    Greg
    ---------
    '01 Stratus R/T - 5spd, 92 3000GT VR4, 03 EVO VIII, 70 Opel GT

Owner - Ultimate Car Style & Performance www.ucsperformance.com 240.271.0280

2007 N.A.S.A National Champions TTR Class!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast