The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Retrofitting headlights with Maxima Projectors (HIDS THE LEGALWAY)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 56 of 56
    Just read this old dead thread for the first time. IMO, huge fail for doing a nice projector retrofit and running 30000k.

Lol at the newbs!

FirstWHIP9gen
    i really wanna do this but i dont have the time nor patience i would pay somebody to do this and i would watch

Quote Originally Posted by FirstWHIP9gen View Post
    i really wanna do this but i dont have the time nor patience i would pay somebody to do this and i would watch
    There's a few places that would retro for you. It will cost you a pretty penny though. Im sure there is someone/a company in your region that will do it, and you could watch.

why not just get the GTS projectors?

FirstWHIP9gen
    the gts headlights are $400 a piece

FirstWHIP9gen
    Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    There's a few places that would retro for you. It will cost you a pretty penny though. Im sure there is someone/a company in your region that will do it, and you could watch.
    well i need to find them then

the gts headlights are $400 a piece
    F that lol. I don't blame you for wanting to retrofit then lol. What about junk yards? They prob wouldn't charge $400 ea. and you could prob talk them down from whatever they're charging. Just tryin to help. But if in the end retro fitting is less costly then go for it

FirstWHIP9gen
    I can't even find a Junkyard that has a 9gen in it I always fin 8gens .. But a retrofit I think would be cheaper u just have to buy the projectors and hardware and I think that would be like $150-$300 maybe

Hows the cut off on the gts with hid?

I can't even find a Junkyard that has a 9gen in it I always fin 8gens .. But a retrofit I think would be cheaper u just have to buy the projectors and hardware and I think that would be like $150-$300 maybe
    It will also be the way to get the most output. The oem 9G projector housings are designed for halogen bulbs whereas a retrofit uses projectors designed for HID.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotti View Post
    Hows the cut off on the gts with hid?
    Shitty, It has a flare up on each side of the cut off and it looks rather messy. The funny thing is he used a quality projector (the Maxima uses a E55 Bi-X) and he probably put some shitty quality bulb in it, but hey he did the work and did a pretty good job with it.

I'll be do mine sometimes next month or so, I have 2 2011 outlander sport projectors+ bulb and hid kit

The only question I would have about this is when mounting the projector, how do you know your mounting it straight?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver9Gen View Post
    The only question I would have about this is when mounting the projector, how do you know your mounting it straight?
    http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pdf...r_Retrofit.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Silver9Gen View Post
    When you mount it, make sure to put the heads on the car and turn them on. Once you see your rotation is straight and what not, then you tighten everything up.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

anyone have any pics of how the 9g looks retrofitted?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123