The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Buying affordable, aggresive, and responsive tires (opinions)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Falken 452 can be had for 133 each

I'm liking the NeoGens a lot... anybody have experience with them?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    I'm liking the NeoGens a lot... anybody have experience with them?
    3 cars ran them for me, and my buddy with his boosted Neon is still running them (2nd year on the same set), he only drives his Neon in the summer because its not a "snow-friendly" vehicle lol.

They did very wel for me in heavy rains when crusing I-90 steady at 70-75mph. Dry traction it was hard to get them to bark much, even cornering they felt great and you didn't notice the rear end "slip" as much.

I have always been happy with Nitto tires. I have tried Falken, Kumho, Yokohama, Goodyear, and BFGs, all great tires tires but for the "budget" mindset the Nitto gave good performance at a great cost.

Kumho tires were the cheaper tire at the time (prior to NeoGens being released), so we ran those a lot. They were great tires but the rubber compound seemed way too soft and ultimately the tires wore down within a summer of driving.

Falken tires were a little more money and they lasted longer than the Kumho, worked better in the snow on my Grand Prix when I had it. The only thing I had issues with the Falken tires (believe they were the 512s?) was the wet traction was not comforting at all.

Yokohama, Goodyear, and BFGs were my favorites for all around performance...but they came at a higher cost. I love driving and for as much as I drove I couldn't afford to keep replacing these types of tires all the time (thus why I have jumped from one to another). These were my first step into this "level" of tire and they did hold to the pavement nicely, though they wore down pretty damn fast (I was burnout crazy then with the supercharger LOL).

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Thanks spd, makes mydecision easier haha. So unless smeone has some horrible stories regarding these tires I thing I've found my set

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    Thanks spd, makes mydecision easier haha. So unless smeone has some horrible stories regarding these tires I thing I've found my set
    Not a problem man, I never liked spending a lot of money on tires for a daily driver. Always tried to find something reasonable and yet offered decent street performance. Right now I am actually going to be running a set of Federal Super Steels that I had put onn my current wheels. Never ran them before, read some decent reviews on them, so I picked up a set for just over $300 for the set shipped which was a plus to me for right now.

Those NeoGens were my first pic for the wheel setup I have now, but in a budget crucnh (read woman's mouth lol), I opted for something to save money for now

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Cool, thanks again for the info guys, and thanks for helping me with my indecisiveness Spd :)

Now the hard part... buttering up the parents to see if I can't snag these as my Christmas present haha :P

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by xcore View Post
    anyone know about Kumho ASX??
    that's what i've got 235/40/18...........decent grip for a worn out all season

check www.onlinetires.com, they have some pretty good prices and of course www.tirerack.com

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    falken 912s should be had for around that price and are great all weather tires
    I had these on my first car (1995 saturn sl2) and these weren't half bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    Bridgestone Potenza's
    i have driven the galant with these, and weren't too bad for an all-season, but i've had better grip on other tires
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Falken 452 can be had for 133 each
    this is what i currently have on the G and it's the best tire i've had yet. great grip under all conditions, good wear, and no road noise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12