The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Keyless Entry Instructions

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 84
    sit on the drivers side. there is that plastic panel where ur knees are. run ur hand along the bottom and it should be on the right side.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

corywelborn
    Aahhhhh. I found it. Thanks for the info.

corywelborn
    So, has anybody with yr 99 been successful programming the remote? I tried for two hours using all of the above suggestions and came up with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by corywelborn
    So, has anybody with yr 99 been successful programming the remote? I tried for two hours using all of the above suggestions and came up with nothing.
    I have the service manuals for the 99's, so I'll check to see if it's any different. PM me to remind me if I don't post back here in a day or so.

Update: I checked my manuals and it says the same thing that HondaKillerGTZ posted.

corywelborn
    Thanks for checkin. I guess I'll just have to take it to the dealer :x

I'll try it tomorrow on my 99 GTZ and see what happens.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:30 pm Â* Â*Post subject: Â* Â*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Â*
    Wow, nice find in the manual. That's very interesting. You can actually get someone else's remote and program it to use on your own car, lol. What a weird way to start the registration process too. Hit your hazzards 6 times... where do they come up with this stuff. What are the Mitsu engineers on?!?!?! Hahahahaha!
    Here's what I'm lookin to do....I have a 2k w/stock keyless entry, but it died...called the dealer - they want 80 bux for the transmitter and 70 to program it..(shove that somewhere) - but I have a cheap designtech remote start - they sell a 3 button transmitter (keyless entry/remote start/garage door) but I'd like to try to program that remote to work on my car....

Ok, guess no one has tried it....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jomin1016)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:30 pm Â* Â*Post subject: Â* Â*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Â*
    Wow, nice find in the manual. That's very interesting. You can actually get someone else's remote and program it to use on your own car, lol. What a weird way to start the registration process too. Hit your hazzards 6 times... where do they come up with this stuff. What are the Mitsu engineers on?!?!?! Hahahahaha!
    Here's what I'm lookin to do....I have a 2k w/stock keyless entry, but it died...called the dealer - they want 80 bux for the transmitter and 70 to program it..(shove that somewhere) - but I have a cheap designtech remote start - they sell a 3 button transmitter (keyless entry/remote start/garage door) but I'd like to try to program that remote to work on my car....</div>

I dont think aftermarket transmitters will work with the Mitsu keyless system...

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HondaKillerGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I dont think aftermarket transmitters will work with the Mitsu keyless system...</div>

Exactly. It's supposed to be for factory keyless entry remotes only. Of course I haven't verified this but did read somewhere it supports up to 4 transmitters.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    has it worked for any 99?
    -Pedro

kidrocking79

what about the key???

I lost my keys and I ordered a remote and a blank key from ebay. Both are the exact same as the orig (except for the program and the fact that the key is neither programed or cut). I'm guessing cutting thekey is not a prob, but what about programming the key? also I have an alarm installed by the factory on my car(which I thought they did a shitty job on, but that's besides the poing), will that affect the programming of the remote, and how will I program the key once it's cut??

ewgiii
    anyone know where i can find a really cheap remote to play with!?!?!? i need the trunk button on it too...

Does this mean I can order any 01 Galant keyless remote from Ebay and follow the programming instructions? Because I am thinking of ordering this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2412943828&rd=1 With FCC ID: HYQ12ABA

would remotes with that ID work?

yeah - that looks like a pretty good deal considering my dealer wanted 80 bux for a new transmitter, and 70 to program it....will it work for a 2K? -

kidrocking79
    Will the 99 key blank also work w/ the 03???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kidrocking79)</div><div class='quotemain'>Will the 99 key blank also work w/ the 03???</div> doubt it because 03 has the trunk release button so I assume its a different transmitter.

Just go on Ebay and buy a transmitter for 03 because I bought one for my 01. Worked like a charm, I am extremely happy

kidrocking79
    I was talking about the key.. not the remote...

I got it I got it.....mitsu can look elswhere for their 70 bux. Don't even think about havin them program yer remote - waste of money - took me five minutes.....

ND4SPD2000
    I have a question,

Ok, I just programed my remote for my car. It took me about 4 tries but I was able to do it.

Now here's the thing...
    I have two remotes, I installed one of them, but when i tried to install the other remote, the first one I installed stopped working. It's like if it got deleted.

I think it might be also because I had 3 others one installed on the car before and I think it could only take 4.

Is there anyway I can delete the ones from before? I lost them so I no longer have em.

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast