The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Keyless Entry Instructions

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 84
    I dunno, looks like in the instructions, it says that when u program one, the others that are already programmed are cleared....I'd try it a couple more times....just make sure u do them both in the same interval, in other words, program one, then the other right away ....

does it work for 99?????
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

I'm pretty sure it works for 99 - mines a 2K - but do a search on here for someone who has a 99 - I'm sure u can find it -

ewgiii
    um guys, i need major help. I tried this, but made the mistake of trying to ground 1 before i had the keys in the ignition. i got a spark. After this, i started over and it didn't work when i did it right. After i gave up, i discovered that not only did my original remote stop working, but my power locking and unlocking stopped working completly as well :scary: !!! Help!!! Anything i can do? Or should i take it to Mitzu and complain about their poor workmanship!?

VIO
    hey ewqiii - it sounds like you blew a fuse. check your fuses and i think you'll find the problem.

ewgiii
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey ewqiii - it sounds like you blew a fuse. Â*check your fuses and i think you'll find the problem.</div>
    GREAT IDEA!!... damn i feel like an idiot... brb...

ewgiii
    Hey, thanks. idk whats wrong!!!! i tried it again and blew another one.... lol

VIO
    it sounds to me like you keep grounding a hot wire. i don't mean any offense here but are you sure you're grounging the correct pin? what are you gounding it to?

ewgiii
    Quote Originally Posted by VIO
    it sounds to me like you keep grounding a hot wire. i don't mean any offense here but are you sure you're grounging the correct pin? what are you gounding it to?
    i'm almost sure its the right one. I was grounding it to a metal part that was located slightly to the right.

VIO
    hhhmmmm..... i'll take a look at my car on break and see if i can figure out what you're doing. that pin should be hot.

ewgiii
    Quote Originally Posted by VIO
    hhhmmmm..... i'll take a look at my car on break and see if i can figure out what you're doing. that pin should be hot.
    hey guys. I got all the steps completed but when it was time to press lock, it stopped working. I got a new battery and it didn't work. Then when i tried it with the remote i already had, it worked. IDK, maybe its the remote, or maybe its cuz i got a 2002. Thanks for all the help, though.

dude - yer grounding the wrong pin for sure - I've been there - done that -
    check the instructions again very carefully - and then find the right pin - the pins are numbered, but they're very small #'s - I went through the same process before - but the correct wire is not hot, like the above reply says.

ewgiii
    Quote Originally Posted by jomin1016
    dude - yer grounding the wrong pin for sure - I've been there - done that -
    check the instructions again very carefully - and then find the right pin - the pins are numbered, but they're very small #'s - I went through the same process before - but the correct wire is not hot, like the above reply says.
    i understand that i was grounding the wrong wire @ first. But after i got the correctt wire, and i found out that it still didn't work when i got to the part with the remote (and i changed the battery) i concluded that the remote didn't work. thanks.

wcc2003

fundamental questions about 2 or 3 button keyless entry

i just bought a used 2001 galant es. the local dealer said that it came with a two-button remote based on vin. the fcc id is hyq12aba. i noticed that there are 3-button one's in eBay with the same fcc id. there are also other 3-button ones with different fcc id: oucg8d-525m-a in eBay. following are my questions to those who have experiences:

1) can a 3-button one used for a 2-button function if they have the same fcc ids? (need diagram to figure out). mistu's part # mr490286, to mr587858 to mr587751. all have the same fcc ids HYQ12ABA.

2) can a different fcc id one be used? (i have no idea) when i open up my trunk, there is a wire connected to the lock. i suspect that the wiring of the keyless entry w/ or w/o alarm is the same. i could not imagine why they would make it different. the control modular may not be the same. hence, the third button may not function if it is not "connected" to the control modular. but, why there is a wire connected?

3) when the open buttun is pushed, all doors including trunk, are open. or the trunk door is not connected to the same buttun. is this the reason for the "trunck" button? otherwise, why there is a need of the trunk button, if all doors are open when pushing twice on the "open" button.

anyone's opinion is welcome.

Re: fundamental questions about 2 or 3 button keyless entry

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wcc2003)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just bought a used 2001 galant es. Â*the local dealer said that it came with a two-button remote based on vin. Â* the fcc id is hyq12aba. Â*i noticed that there are 3-button one's in eBay with the same fcc id. Â*there are also other 3-button ones with different fcc id: oucg8d-525m-a in eBay. Â* following are my questions to those who have experiences: Â*

1) can a 3-button one used for a 2-button function if they have the same fcc ids? Â*(need diagram to figure out). Â*mistu's part # mr490286, to mr587858 to mr587751. Â*all have the same fcc ids HYQ12ABA.

2) can a different fcc id one be used? (i have no idea) Â*when i open up my trunk, there is a wire connected to the lock. Â* i suspect that the wiring of the keyless entry w/ or w/o alarm is the same. Â*i could not imagine why they would make it different. Â*the control modular may not be the same. Â*hence, the third button may not function if it is not "connected" to the control modular. Â*but, why there is a wire connected?

3) when the open buttun is pushed, all doors including trunk, are open. Â*or the trunk door is not connected to the same buttun. Â*is this the reason for the "trunck" button? Â*otherwise, why there is a need of the trunk button, if all doors are open when pushing twice on the "open" button.

anyone's opinion is welcome.</div>

I don't think there is keyless trunk release in 01 ES because that is what I have. I am using a two key remote I bought off E-Bay and it works fine after following the instructions.

wcc2003

Keyless Entry Fobs (FCC ID: HYQ12ABA vs. OUCG8D)

It is confusion to grab the right fob deal for the Galants from eBay. One seller claims that fob (FCC ID: HYQ12ABA) is good for 00 & 01 Model Year Galants, and another seller claims that fob (FCC ID: HYQ12ABA) is good for 00, 01, 02 & 03. A third seller claims fob (FCC ID: OUCG8D) is good for 02 & 03. Who is right or wrong?

I browsed the FCC ID search sites and found that FCC ID: HYQ12ABA was granted to Denso Corp. in 1995 and FCC ID: OUCG8D was documented for Omron Copr. in April 2001. This information implies that HYQ fobs are good for model yr. up to 01 and OUC fobs are good for model yr. 02 & up. Local dealers verified that my 01 Galant (Manuf. in May 2001) uses HYQ fobs. However, it doesn't mean that OUC fobs couldn't be used for the HYQ ones, if they transmitt the same signal frequency and coding to the receiver in the cars.

There are 2 (Lock & Unlock) or 3 buttons (Lock, Unlock & Panic) in HYQ fobs. There are also 2 (Lock & Unlock) or 3 buttons (Lock, Unlock plus Trunk or Panic) in OUC fobs. In fact, there are 7 submodels for the OUC fobs in according to FCC information. It appears that 02 model year have the Trunk button opition, while 01 model year doesn't have. If OUC and HYQ fobs transmitt the same signal and control coding, i.e. they are compatible, one would have more choices to grab fobs at a lower price from eBay. Whther the Trunk button works or not, it doesn't matter.

Can we start to gather these information by posting your model year, transmitter FCC ID and # or buttons on the fob of your car?

--------
    just bought a 01 Galant

dza
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    To activate or deactivate (Rallifan ) the horn chirp, do the following with the key out of the ignition:

1) Press and hold the lock button on the remote for between 4 and ten seconds

2) While the lock button is pressed, press the unlock button

3) Release both buttons

Chip
    but will it honk if your car is broken into... or would the lights just blink?

by the way, food for thought... those instructions aren't specific enough. Your door needs to be opened and it didn't work for me if you held lock longer than 6 or 7 seconds. And, you have to press and hold unlock and make sure you release them at the same exact time.

snowbrdmor

picture of data link connector

The link to the picture of the data link connector no longer works. Does anyone have a picture of it, so that I can make sure I'm connecting to the correct location and terminal #1.

Thanks

snowbrdmor

picture of data link connector

The link to the picture of the data link connector no longer works. Does anyone have a picture of it, so that I can make sure I'm connecting to the correct location and terminal #1.

Thanks

wcc2003

Data Connector Pin #1

I had the same question originally. I figured it out somehow. Here are the information about the data connector:

1) It is a female 16 pin OBD-II connector, i.e. the same as the one used for California Smog test connection for all 1996+ car.

2) The connector is a trapzoid shape and Pin # 1-8 are in the wider side or the upper row.

3) Pin # 1 is the leftest pin in the upper row of the data connector. If you use a flash light & maganifying glass, wou would see 1 & 8 letters on the upper left & right hand edge, respectively.

4) The location of the data connector is between steering column and center console.

5) It is facing the brake paddle.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast