The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "PLEASE HELP ME" Cars AC shuts of the engine. I need major help

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

"PLEASE HELP ME" Cars AC shuts of the engine. I need major help

My 2003 Galant GTZ has been running funny. I have to start the car with the AC on and give the car gas til the AC compressor kicks on, to get the car started. But if I turn off the AC the car dies when I pull up to stop. What the hell is going on with this car. Someone please help me because this is crazy.

You need to make sure all the pulleys move freely. I'd be willing to bet one of the pulleys is locking up. Check the alternator pulley, power steering pulley, a/c pulley, idler pulley (i.e. all the pulleys that the belt goes around). Start there.

Engine Problem.

I talked a shop and they said they need to check to cars computer system and run engine test. I just need this fixed or its back to the eclipse. Two car seats in it is hell and a half.

This may be a long shot but did you disconnect your battery prior to this happening. I had a problem with my gtz stalling at stoplights after I changed the battery. I read somewhere( I cant remember where) that you had to let the car idle for several minutes till the engine reached operation temperature the first time you start it after the battery was disconnected. I let the care cool down, disconnected the battery for a few minutes, reconnected and started. I let it idle till it reached operating temperature and then drove away with no idle problems. The article that I read did not provide any technical explanation for having to do this other than it was needed.

it reboots the computer when you disconnect the battery. you let it idle so it teaches itself where to idle at