The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AMP - SUB Issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44
    Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colton5419 View Post
    Yeah I thought it was odd how they show in the manual that you can hook up TWO subs to this MONO amp.

How weird.
    there are many amps out there like this. Alpine, MTX, Kenwood, etc. the reason why they do this is so the ohm load doesn't drop when connecting them to one terminal

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    you sure that's not a 2 channel, my mono only has 2 sub outs,(pos-neg) cause if that's a 2 channel I don't think its bridgeable usually it indicates on the amp where to bridge.

of try moving the pos terminal to the other empty terminal...etc.. try moving those around.
    it is mono, the 4 terminals are for hooking up 2 speakers, its like a buss bar internally bridged.
    I am a Kenwood dealer ;)

why are we posting on 3 different topics that have been dead and solved for a while now?

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    there are many amps out there like this. Alpine, MTX, Kenwood, etc. the reason why they do this is so the ohm load doesn't drop when connecting them to one terminal
    The ohm load is determined by the way the sub woofers are wired, not the amp.
    if you wire two 4 ohm voice coils in parallel the amp sees 2 ohms, if you wire the same two 4 ohm voice coils in series the amp sees 8 ohms.
    doesnt matter if the amp is mono or two channel or 4 channel.
    you hook up the 8 ohm load to the left front channel and another 8 ohm load to the right front channel you have 8 ohm stereo, if you have two 4 ohm voice coils in series hooked up to a two channel amp and you bridge it you still have an 8 ohm load.
    you have just bridged the amp to 8 ohm mono.
    same on a monoblock.
    bridging the amp just uses both channels together on a two channel amp to make one more powerful channel.
    this doesn't apply to a monoblock amp
    for all intensive purposes
    its already bridged internally.
    Last edited by minesbroken; 02-19-2010 at 11:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
    The ohm load is determined by the way the sub woofers are wired, not the amp.
    if you wire two 4 ohm voice coils in parallel the amp sees 2 ohms, if you wire the same two 4 ohm voice coils in series the amp sees 8 ohms.
    doesnt matter if the amp is mono or two channel of 4 channel.
    you hook up the 8 ohm load to the left front channel and another 8 ohm load to the right front channel you have 8 ohm stereo, you bridge the amp and you have two 4 ohm voice coils in series hooked up to a two channel amp and you bridge it you still have an 8 ohm load.
    you have just bridged the amp to 8 ohm mono.
    same on a monoblock.
    this is not 100% correct. when bridging a 2ch amp, the ohm load does drop. being a kenwood dealer and all, you should know this.

this is not 100% correct. when bridging a 2ch amp, the ohm load does drop. being a kenwood dealer and all, you should know this.
    your flat out wrong.

your flat out wrong.
    LOL you're a funny person with all that red and just joining this forum within the past 30 days. and no, I am not flat out wrong. but you keep telling yourself that.

LOL you're a funny person with all that red and just joining this forum within the past 30 days. and no, I am not flat out wrong. but you keep telling yourself that.
    I have been installing car stereo's for 23 years. I doubt your even that old. and you ARE flat out wrong.
    you dont even know what bridging the amp does.
    how would you wire two dual 4 ohm subs to get a 2 ohm load if your so smart?

that's what I thought...all talk!

Oh yes I am just a teenager. LOL

Hmm you really just asked me a novice question? To make a4 ohm dvc 2 ohm, you would need to run it parallel.

Sorry I am not looking at every thread every waking minute unlike you

Oh yes I am just a teenager. LOL

Hmm you really just asked me a novice question? To make a4 ohm dvc 2 ohm, you would need to run it parallel.

Sorry I am not looking at every thread every waking minute unlike you
    wrong again dude, I asked about 2 dual 4 ohm voice coils.

I don't actually get on the forum much, but its so much fun to come on here and have someone be a troll on every one of my posts.

if you take a single 4 ohm voice coil and put it on a 2 channel amp bridged you have a 4 ohm load.
    Last edited by minesbroken; 02-20-2010 at 12:01 AM

2 dual 4 ohm subs with a ending ohm of 2ohm is not possible unless you have a mono amp with 2 sets of terminals or multiple amps. And if you think I am trolling then think again because I get emails saying someone replied to such and such topic. Idiot

Now good night

bridging the amp just means using the right and left channel together as one channel. if you use 1 4 ohm sub you have a 4 ohm load bridged, if you use 2 in parallel it is a 2 ohm load bridged, if you use 2 in series its is an 8 ohm load bridged. bridging the amp is just the act of using the left and right channels together as one more powerful channel.
    the subwoofers determine the ohm load.

2 dual 4 ohm subs with a ending ohm of 2ohm is not possible unless you have a mono amp with 2 sets of terminals or multiple amps. And if you think I am trolling then think again because I get emails saying someone replied to such and such topic. Idiot
    idiot, it is impossible to get a 2 ohm load out of two dual 4 ohm subs. It is impossible nomatter what amp you have or what universe you live in.
    your making a fool out of yourself.
    you should really do more homework.
    I really truly am sorry we got off on the wrong foot, but your wrong.
    it's a common mistake though.
    Last edited by minesbroken; 02-20-2010 at 12:07 AM

bridging the amp just means using the right and left channel together as one channel. if you use 1 4 ohm sub you have a 4 ohm load bridged, if you use 2 in parallel it is a 2 ohm load bridged, if you use 2 in series its is an 8 ohm load bridged. bridging the amp is just the act of using the left and right channels together as one more powerful channel.
    the subwoofers determine the ohm load.
    isn't that what I just basically said about the dvc? dvc is just like 2 svc subs

idiot, it is impossible to get a 2 ohm load out of two dual 4 ohm subs. It is impossible nomatter what amp you have or what universe you live in.
    your making a fool out of yourself.
    you should really do more homework.
    I really truly am sorry we got off on the wrong foot, but your wrong.
    it's a common mistake though.
    no, if you have 2 terminals on the mono amp and 2 subs with the final ohm of 2 ohm per sub, the amp still sees 2 ohms

isn't that what I just basically said about the dvc? dvc is just like 2 svc subs

no, if you have 2 terminals on the mono amp and 2 subs with the final ohm of 2 ohm per sub, the amp still sees 2 ohms
    thats what I've been saying. bridging the amp doesn't lower the ohm load, running the speakers in parallel does.
    all the amp does when you bridge it is run mono no matter what ohm load you wire the speakers at.
    the amp cant change the ohm load
    only the speakers can.

i didn't say anything about bridging the amp on the mono block

These are the only way I can see for you two safely wire 4ohm DVC subs...

Bridged

Per Channel

End of argument guys? lol...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    These are the only way I can see for you two safely wire 4ohm DVC subs...

Bridged

Per Channel

End of argument guys? lol...
    The dude is saying that how the amplifier is wired can change the ohm load that the amplifier see's when you bridge it to mono.
    this is wrong.
    your amplifier has a target ohm load, it makes it's power at this ohm load.
    you wire the subs to your target ohm load
    hook them up to the amp and it works properly.
    if you hook it up wrong it works horribly.
    nomatter how you hook it up...the amp sees the ohm load that the subs are wired for.
    period.
    the amp and how its wired up doesnt change the ohm load.
    if the speakers are hooked up to produce a 2 ohm load
    then the amp sees a 2 ohm load
    wether you hook it up in stereo or mono.
    thats my point.
    Last edited by minesbroken; 02-20-2010 at 06:00 PM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast