The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Halloween with wheel bearings

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar

My Halloween with wheel bearings

ok so i did my wheel bearings yesterday. got all new hub assemblies and everything and it honestly should have taken an hr but it took 5.

my adventure.. on the left front the axle seems seized in the hub so we PB it after a few hit and go to the other side. the right front comes apart in 10 minutes and the hub assembly only took another 10 minutes.

back to the left front.. there is no way to get the axle out without destroying it so we drove 20 minutes to get a new 1. then stop to get some pizza quick. get back my boy is having problems with his 4g63 colt and i found that he blew out his biss screw.. fixed that then got sidetracked talking about the 1g my boy is building

back to the left front.. he have the largest sledge hammer we can find and me and 3 others cannot get the axle to even move.. we pushed the end of the axle so much where it is did come free it wouldnt fit thru the spline anyway

so now we are thinking for a bit and we cant even get to the 2 lower ball joints with the axle there.. so in the pouring rain we are out getting the spindle from the talon... it comes out but the upper ball joint is stuck. sledged that out then went to work on that hub. came out after 3 hits.

back inside took my old spindle out and start putting it back together.. realize one bolt for the curved lower control arm is gouged and cant find the 1 we just took out of the 2g but did find one in a spare box of bolts. got that all back together went back to the other side and one of the hub bolts its missing for no fucking reason.. then no clue were the ones from the 2g went as is dark raining and 3 ppl couldnt find it myself included. take one out of the other side on the 2g.. got it back together and was finally on the road again

just thought id shre my story and recommend that if your bearings are shot and the axles are still the original. bring it to the shop as it was me and 3 of my friends who are all mechanics and it still took us this long
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

TGC Regular
    I did my wheel bearings and i didnt have that much trouble. It sucke that it was that hard but it really all depends from car to car how difficult it will be...... Glad you got it done though.

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    I did my wheel bearings and i didnt have that much trouble. It sucke that it was that hard but it really all depends from car to car how difficult it will be...... Glad you got it done though.
    yea it shouldnt have been even a quarter of that length to get it done, but that axles fucked me all up.. thank god for the 2g shell sitting outside
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

you should have switched to 5 lug hubs from that 2g
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    you should have switched to 5 lug hubs from that 2g
    i thought about it but id need new brakes and the backs would be a pain, 4 lug is fine for now
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

All you have switch is front rotors and rear drums, plus all four hubs of course. When I did my 5 lug swap i didnt mess with the front hubs at all. I just got the whole spindle and replaced it
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

i have the gsx and can do it, its just i like the 4 lug rims i have now and dont wanna spend money on stuff when i wanna finish the body and motor before i worry about adding 1 more lug on each wheel
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR