The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2000 mitsubishi eclipse turbo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 43
    Quote Originally Posted by bwracing00 View Post
    im not trying to sound mean but wtf are you talking about thats not even close to a side mount intercooler that IC is like 37x8x5 its fricken huge. and if your referring to the 2008 photo that is also a FMIC both inlet and outlet are on the same side so it sits funny but that IC is out look at the new one.

its a custom kit they did for the eclipse im actually selling the rear end of it and the side skirts idk if they would fit your car though :-p
    you can be as mean as you want. I was talking about the first one cause its a side mount that ebay told you is a front mount. vertical fins, both in and out on the same side and its about 7 inch's long, classification SIDE MOUNT.

And a 8x37x5 is a big ass core which makes up for its lack of height.
    Last edited by Galant306m; 11-06-2009 at 08:08 PM

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    you can be as mean as you want. I was talking about the first one cause its a side mount that ebay told you is a front mount. vertical fins, both in and out on the same side and its about 7 inch's long, classification SIDE MOUNT.

And a 8x37x5 is a big ass core which makes up for its lack of height.

i dont want to argue in my thread but there is no way that first IC is a side mount and the fact that it says spearco in IC itself even when i search for that IC it came up as a FMIC not a SMIC.

buy anyways that IC i have now is plenty big for the 3g eclipse.

ever thought about lowering it the slightest bit?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    ever thought about lowering it the slightest bit?
    he is lowered in the 2009 pics on tien stechs and agxs

pretty clean im not a huge fan of the rear, but rest is clean.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    it is clean and pretty impressive under the hood.. and mitch that is a front mount. my buddy has one like that on his colt.. and trust me there is no way to side mount it.. i dont get why they put the fins that way as ive seen similar fmic with the fins horizontal, but looks good
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

here is a BIG update of what happend to the car.

alright so the last time i updated my car was ummm. 9/12/2009 hahah that was a long time ago so here are some updates.

it started here with the motor tear down.

cleaned up the engine bay and gave it some fresh new paint. cleaned up everything in the bay.

got the trans in. that was a bitch

new motor is all in and redid the intake manifold

Proflow TB.

Muriatic acid an some Awesome cleaner product found at the local dollar store its a AMAZING cleaning solution together.

sandblasted starter and cleaned up the alternator.

motor and engine and everything is all in.

s
    [IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/w4k34l1f31/66

This is how the car sits right now as i started the tuning process.
    -

The clock-pod that you can see i think will be removed i will see how well it works out after i get it all sanded and painted i just used it to mount some gauges but we will see.

Welcome, Love the turbo setup! The Engine bay looks real clean.

New intercooler is a huge improvement over your last setup btw.
    Last edited by keith6110; 10-31-2010 at 07:57 AM

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Hows the auto trans holding up?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

well right now im in the process of tuning the evo 8 ecu so its holding up great hahah havent been able to drive it besides in the parking lot i need a vacuum pump becuase the stage 3 cam draws a shit ton of vacuum and my break are shit lol.

and yes that IC is a big imporvment i love it. i cant wait till i can actually drive my car down the street. but since its winter time soon i dont think i will be doing much maybe just a paint job until next year. :(

what type of turbo manifold is that, and how did you modify it
    Last edited by Galantman03; 10-31-2010 at 05:09 PM

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    what type of turbo manifold is that, and how did you modify it

its a evo 8 HAFE manifold custom made spacer and flange CNC machine cut 1 or 1 hahaha i got the hook ups person who made it said it would of cost about 800$ if not more to make made from a huge chunk of steel.

Pretty sure i've seen your car a couple of times when i used to pass by dekalb to go to work last year, nice mods clean overall and different.

The engine bay is great. I dont like the body kit. I would have kept the stock bumpers and put a wingswest lip kit and the wingswest v line spoiler. Nice work though.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bwracing00 View Post
    its a evo 8 HAFE manifold custom made spacer and flange CNC machine cut 1 or 1 hahaha i got the hook ups person who made it said it would of cost about 800$ if not more to make made from a huge chunk of steel.
    First off, He's jerking you around if he meant that seriously. Steel is super cheap. A block of steel big enough to cut that spacer out of is about $60-70 at most, maybe $150 if its stainless. Then maybe another $200-$250 to cut it so your talking $400 max. You could probably have anyone who makes 4G63 exhaust manifold flanges to cut you one since they would already have a CNC program to cut it, all they would need to adjust is the material thickness values in the software, the other variables would be the same.

Secondly. AWESOME Setup! It looks really clean and well thought out.

What type of stage 3 cam is that RPW? Isnt it made for turbo? Typically a more aggressive cam will cause the car to make LESS vacuum at idle. When I switched out my HKS 272's for GSC S2's my vacuum went down about 3-4mm/hg. It could be possible your cam timing is off a bit, aftermarket cams should be degreed using a degree wheel for precise accuracy. I know from other users experiences on EVOM that the GSC's need to be about 4-5 degrees retarded to be at their true " 0 " mark. I installed them normal and was pulling about 21mm/hg and after I retarded them to -4/-4 I was at 18mm/hg
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

not a fan of the kit and tails..but other than that nice job

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Prodigy View Post
    Pretty sure i've seen your car a couple of times when i used to pass by dekalb to go to work last year, nice mods clean overall and different.

my car is right when you enter dekalb on linconl hwy rt 38 at my shop i work at.

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    The engine bay is great. I dont like the body kit. I would have kept the stock bumpers and put a wingswest lip kit and the wingswest v line spoiler. Nice work though.
    the only kit on the car i the front bumper other then that its stock skirts and stock rear bumper ww rear lip i have and need to install.

thank you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    First off, He's jerking you around if he meant that seriously. Steel is super cheap. A block of steel big enough to cut that spacer out of is about $60-70 at most, maybe $150 if its stainless. Then maybe another $200-$250 to cut it so your talking $400 max. You could probably have anyone who makes 4G63 exhaust manifold flanges to cut you one since they would already have a CNC program to cut it, all they would need to adjust is the material thickness values in the software, the other variables would be the same.

Secondly. AWESOME Setup! It looks really clean and well thought out.

What type of stage 3 cam is that RPW? Isnt it made for turbo? Typically a more aggressive cam will cause the car to make LESS vacuum at idle. When I switched out my HKS 272's for GSC S2's my vacuum went down about 3-4mm/hg. It could be possible your cam timing is off a bit, aftermarket cams should be degreed using a degree wheel for precise accuracy. I know from other users experiences on EVOM that the GSC's need to be about 4-5 degrees retarded to be at their true " 0 " mark. I installed them normal and was pulling about 21mm/hg and after I retarded them to -4/-4 I was at 18mm/hg

yea its an RPW stage 3 turbo cam and damn it takes vacuum im addiing a pump to help out aswell. i hooked up a vac gauge im at about 18 stock is like 30 i think.

im still working on the tune its been prolly a month since i have worked on my car kunal a tuner on evom was supposed to come out but just blew me off was paying $$$ and everything what a pos.

Quote Originally Posted by Censee View Post
    not a fan of the kit and tails..but other than that nice job
    thank you.

so i decided to change the car up a bit here ya go.

working on a custom center cap.

Clean..like the change up

Are you running after marker pistons and rods? What are they if so? I really like it alot! How much OSI are you running on that big turbo?

looks good but no side skirts and rear lip/difuser? the front just looks so low and big compared to the rest of the car's bottom half. the old rear might look good if you painted or wrapped the center section black or cf, it fit the bulkiness of the front bumper well.
    Last edited by Reelax; 06-01-2012 at 01:54 AM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast