The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 99 Galant Radio Installation

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

99 Galant Radio Installation

I got stuck with this situation, I'm new at this radio changing so I need some guidance, I got an used radio - Pioneer DEHP2000 old school I know- and wanted to take the OEM radio, which I did, it has 3 different connections, the wire harness, one like a 10pin connector (old monitor like) and a plug in thin connection --- I bought an adapter to the new radio, and most of the cables matched, then the thin black plug went into the new ok, but there is the round connector does not fit the pioneer radio since that one is square like-- do I need to get an adapter for that?? the radio does not even turn on, the new radio has a black cable (ground) which the oem does not have

What i am doing worng??? thanks a lot

Experienced TGC Member
    Yea you need an adapter for that too, thats the antenna wire which also serves as a ground wire so without that the radio wont power on.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Yea you need an adapter for that too, thats the antenna wire which also serves as a ground wire so without that the radio wont power on.
    don't use the antenna as a ground. attach the ground wire to one of the 10mm bolts behind the radio.

as for the round plug, do you have the infinity system? if not, then don't worry about that plug. all you need then would be the rectangular harness and the antenna plug, thus only 1 adapter.

as you guys can see the pictures, everything looks good on how I'm supposed to do it, but still the radio does nothing - not even try to turn on, I connected the black cable (ground) to several places and nothing, I even connected those blue cables from the adapter to the replacement radio too while one says 'power antena' an the one from the radio says ANT MAX, which i dont think has nothig to do.

Once I go back to the original radio everything works perfect -
    what can you think of??

thanks

you picked up a blown head unit is my only assumption. Everything looks wired right, i can see your ground wire connect right also. i think its a bad headunit take it back
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Check your fuses in the head unit. You might have gotten a blown one.
    sig too big

updating after months, and yes it was the old radio, got a new one and connected as the pics, worked perfect, thanks

pulling up this old thread, just wanted to be sure that it looks like the wooden panel around the radio, HVAC and CD player is attached by four clips; and flat head screwdriver carefully placed around the perimeter should pry it off, correct?

We need to remove the radio on my daughter's 99 Mitsubishi Galant before she turns the car over the dealer.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Just pop off the bezel and unbolt the radio