• safc then go to link v3

2 33.33%
  • maft gen 2

4 66.67%

Thread: Help Me Decide

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar

Help Me Decide

i am having trouble deciding my tuning setup for when i go turbo.

choices..

for now run stock mas with an SAFC to tune then upgrade to 2g mas with 2g ecu and link v3

or just go with MAFT Gen 2

i like the fact that the maft gen 2 has A/F tracking, but there are issues with it and the weather affecting it.. i know the SAFC isnt the best but if i go to link v3 in the future its all still there and i wont have anything really in my way

im not sure any help or insight would be nice

thanks
    Chris
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

try the maft pro

maft pro is out as of right now.. it has a lot to offer, but honestly seems to have too much extra functions for me
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Check this out:

1. 2g MAS = 7g MAS
    2. SAFC + DSM Link = Useless
    3. MAFT gen2 + 99 2g ECU + Evo Scan cable = WIN

Since 99 2g was the first Mitsubishi only car after the breaking of DSM, its almost the same as EVo ECU and its flashable.
    Last edited by mko; 11-02-2009 at 10:48 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Check this out:

1. 2g MAS = 7g MAS
    2. SAFC + DSM Link = Useless
    3. MAFT gen2 + 99 2g ECU + Evo Scan cable = WIN

Since 99 2g was the first Mitsubishi only car after the breaking of DSM, its almost the same as EVo ECU and its flashable.
    sorry been working on 1gs alot.. i know the mas is the same

i didnt know the 99 2g ecu was capable of that. ill check it out
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Hasnt someone successfully installed a evo8 ecu in the 7g? That would be the best and cheapest route to go IMO.

Yes, they had started flashing 2g 98-99 ecus, but that is limited to how knowledgeable the people "decompliling" the rom are. I have not been reading up on flashing the 98-99 ecu recently but from what I read 4 months ago, they were years behind compared to the evo ecu in the translation of the rom and all the "extra" features programmers have made for the Evo rom.

hmm evo ecu and injectors then gen 2 and flash???
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

evo ecu is all that you will need. you wont need maft, safc, link or aynthing else

i still cant decide.. maft gen 2 seems like the best, but the more tuners i talk to the more bad i hear about it. i hear the only good thing is being able to vent as the oil blowby coats the mas and it starts ruining the tune and the weather is something that afftects it too such as condesation etc

i like how gen 2 sounds as it has A/F tracking and you can vent if you desire.. or extend the harness and run a stock 2g turbo setup and put the battery in the trunk and tune with an SAFC then later on go to link

i know roman has MAFT and mitch has link.. i would like to hear from them about what they think about it and why they went the way they did

thanks
    Chris
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

You wont be getting a blowby if your turbo is good. If seals are shot then yes.

The MAFT has nothing to do with the weather. Its the actual GM airflow sensor that gets messed up by moist and all that, but if you run everything from the air filter and keep it in shape then you shouldnt have these problems. Thats why DSMs have a bad reputation as unreliable cars, cuz knuckleheads just want to race hondas and mustangs and forget to maintain the cars. The gen2 is a great tool and Im gonna buy it as soon as i save up for it.

Edit: one more thing. If you are afraid that youll get oil or moist on the GM sensor then run it as Draw thru setup instead of Blow thru. That will place the GM sensor right after the air filter and before the turbo, but youll have to recircualate the BOV then.
    Last edited by mko; 11-06-2009 at 01:42 PM

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    You wont be getting a blowby if your turbo is good. If seals are shot then yes.

The MAFT has nothing to do with the weather. Its the actual GM airflow sensor that gets messed up by moist and all that, but if you run everything from the air filter and keep it in shape then you shouldnt have these problems. Thats why DSMs have a bad reputation as unreliable cars, cuz knuckleheads just want to race hondas and mustangs and forget to maintain the cars. The gen2 is a great tool and Im gonna buy it as soon as i save up for it.

my seals are good, but if it ever goes thats normal

the moisture is really the issue as here there is constant hot cold shifts.. i am using an air filter for the turbo inlet to keep shit outta there, but moisture you cant avoid. let me know if you have issues during the winter and with the changing temps

if i go MAFT i want a blow thru setup.. well i would prefer it
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Ive had the MAFT on since the mid summer w/o any problems at all and I had no filter at all when it was N/A.

Build Thread

so even with the temp changes you havent encountered issues?? let me know how it is in the winter cuz im looking to pick up whatever im using in february/march
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I don't know where you guys read this shit but I've never had any isues with mine and I've been running it for 2 years now.

222whp/250wtq

Wow Joe youre alive. Hows it going?

About the MAFT issues, its all over DSM tuners

Build Thread

the MAFT issues are all over there and many dsm sites and my buddy who tunes DSMs is 120% against the maft, but i like its features like the A/F tracking and how it wont let you lean out or flood it

i think i might still get it for the capabilities.. and not everyone has had the issues so ive gotta remember that
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Get a air intake temp sensor, and a gm 2 or 3 bar map sensor, a eprom ecu with dsm link wire your wideband in which you will need for your turbo and throw all you maf sensors in the garbage cause speed densitey is where its at
    Last edited by Galant306m; 11-19-2009 at 02:25 AM

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Experienced TGC Member
    How about this. Get the maft pro, get a 2g ecu, and run speed density.......................... JMO.. If you look on ebay you can get a good deal on a maf pro. I got mine with a speed density harness, IAT and a AEM 3.5 bar sensor all for a whopping 217 shipped to my door.