The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oil in spark plugs!!! Please help!!!

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    paco

oil in spark plugs!!! Please help!!!

well, the oil it's actually on the thread of the spark plug. What is wrong here??? is it a gasket or what?? A friend of mine told me to get non-foulers, I called checkers about'em and those things don't sell by car makes. I need to bring the spark plug and find out what size I need. Has anyone had to use these things????

get ONLY factory NGKs.
    no other spark plug is any good.
    do NOT buy anything from bosche, or any of those gimmecky "split fire" plugs, because theyre all nothing but crap.

also, its not uncommon to have a few drops of oil in the spark plug hole
    you also have failed to tell us which engine you have.

paco
    I have an I4, the thing about the oil is that only one spark plug is like that,
    the rest are fine. Why do you say that only stock NGKs are good??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paco)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have an I4, the thing about the oil is that only one spark plug is like that,
    the rest are fine. Why do you say that only stock NGKs are good??</div>
    because ive replaced so many other brands that its a fact.

Senior TGC Member
    Ah so you wouldn't recommend the Denso Iridiums the dealership also sells (well, mine does anyway)?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ah so you wouldn't recommend the Denso Iridiums the dealership also sells (well, mine does anyway)?</div>
    no... i would.

sorry. didnt mean to screw you up. the denso's are new to mitsu. Only been using them for a couple of years, but they are of as high a quality as the NGKs.

i STRONGLY recommend ONLY what was installed from the factory. Nothing else works as well.

I have Denso Iridiums on my V6 and love it. Anyway, as for oil in the top of the spark plug, yeah, that would be a leak from the seal in the valve cover. I don't know what kind of rubber Mitsubishi uses for their engines but this is another little peeve I have about Mitsubishi quality. I have NEVER owned a car were the rubber seals have worn out so soon. It's the little things like this that are overlooked or quality that's compromised to save some money. I haven't had any problems with the spark plug area leaking oil in but the valve cover and motor oil gaskets go out at 45k to leak oil like a mother. And since I had the valve cover off to change that gasket, yes, I did also replaced the one's for the sparkplug area too. I have a V6 and the funny thing is, only the front bank is having this problem though. The rear valve cover seems to be fine so far.

BTW, you might want to doublecheck the motor oil fluid level too. If you have too much oil in the engine, it's also possible that it's easier to overflow into the sparkplug area... just a theory though but you never know.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>