The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Swap 6A12 to 6A12TT

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Swap 6A12 to 6A12TT

Well, in my caps i see there is a 6A12 twin-turbo listed... Now I´m owning a 6A12, so my question...
    Are there any Swap-kits available in US? Is the 6A12TT sold in US?
    I want to upgrade my to a TT, but the parts are not available here...

the 6a12 and 6a12tt isn't sold here in the US.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    the 6a12 and 6a12tt isn't sold here in the US.
    You mean....Vary sadly *cries* no
    Still trying to understand why, but hey its something we have to live with even though it just sucks.

Dont upgrade, just buy whole car and swap tne engine with 4x4 aka AWD drive. There are sometimes cars avaliable in UK to buy for like 1000 - 1500 euro.
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by big&bad View Post
    Well, in my caps i see there is a 6A12 twin-turbo listed... Now I´m owning a 6A12, so my question...
    Are there any Swap-kits available in US? Is the 6A12TT sold in US?
    I want to upgrade my to a TT, but the parts are not available here...
    basically, no, there are no "kits" to use, you'd have to swap the heads and everything over to your block.

Best to get a car like dragon said.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

I hate to hear this....
    Sometimes I wonder about the different sales-strategies of mitsu...
    Back to the roots....
    Thx at all!

don't bother, find yourself a way to import the engine mounts and 4WD transmission / driveshaft from EU and install a 4G63 into your Galant instead.

in EU there's this mysterious 4WD Galant that's like 2.5V6 160HP but as far as ASA is concerned it's a VR4 without the turbo....Start from there.

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    don't bother, find yourself a way to import the engine mounts and 4WD transmission / driveshaft from EU and install a 4G63 into your Galant instead.

in EU there's this mysterious 4WD Galant that's like 2.5V6 160HP but as far as ASA is concerned it's a VR4 without the turbo....Start from there.
    This E88A isn´t mysterious - in areas with hills/mountains it has been often sold. Engine is the 6G73 with 170 hp, a smaller version of the Sigma/Diamante engine...
    Problem is that most of these cars are complete broken because of tons of salt, that in these areas are on streets in winter.
    I looked at few of them, but most parts of the drivetrain and suspension are complete vanished.... Replacement quite impossible, the parts are not longer available.
    The 4G63 is here placed in the 1G Eclipse, without turbo i.m.o. too less power and not agressive enough...

I like the 6-stroke-sound, maybe I find an engine in UK....

get a E88A as a donor car tho it's great for sourcing all those odd parts.