The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Grilles Removed and foglights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Grilles Removed and foglights

I've got a 7g Galant that was missing one of the grilles. Well a couple of buddies of mine said it actually looked better with the grilles removed, so I started looking at it and I agreed. I popped the other grille out and it looks a lot better with the open spaces than with the PTM(paint to match) grilles in. Only thing that looks funky is the mounting tabs and such that are still there. I plan on dremeling this stuff out so that the grille area is smooth and then I'm going to polish it out a little bit. Just figured I'd share my experience with the whole grille thing. I don't have any pics yet because I don't get home until 8 pm every night and it gets dark at 6. I only have one and thats when I first got it.

I'll try to get another pic or two when I clean up the headlights and dremel out the grille parts.

One question though. I've seen one person running square fogs in place of the OEM fogs and I liked the look. Is there anyone else running something like 4" x 1 3/4" rectangular fogs on their 7g? If so can you post up a picture? Mine is missing the passenger side fog and it annoys me because I need everything to be symmetrical for the most part, so I want to replace them ASAP. Leaning towards square unless someone can show me a good picture of rounds fogs in the stock 7g bumper.

Thanks!

here are mine...I have no idea what dimensions they are...but as soon as I can get a hole of some OEM brackets I am putting my OEM fogs in...I think it will look cleaner

Right now those are the only shots I have showing the fogs...I got others somewhere. I'll post it later
    Last edited by evil-G-nius; 11-06-2009 at 11:16 AM

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i dont like the grilles on the 97-98 bumpers, but i think they are better than nothing
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    here are mine...I have no idea what dimensions they are...but as soon as I can get a hole of some OEM brackets I am putting my OEM fogs in...I think it will look cleaner

Right now those are the only shots I have showing the fogs...I got others somewhere. I'll post it later
    I like the look of it, but the 97-98 bumpers are a bit different. The fog opening seems to be a bit bigger than the pre-97 bumpers. I'll probably just stick with some cheap square fogs for a bit, if I don't like them I'll swap them for another cheap set until I find a shape/size I like, then I'll get a better brand(Hella, PIAA, etc, etc)

As far as the grilles, I definitely like the pre-97 grilles better. The red PTM grille that was on the car was just ugly to me. Now that I popped it out, I dig the look more. I drove an F150 that had wide open grille slots in it, so I'm used to the look. It looks a bit more aggressive to me without the grilles in there. I'll take pics once I do it to show everyone..

Next step is some damn wheels. I hate those 4 spoke wheels. What is a good Magnaflow exhaust for these cars? I want as big of a muffler as I can get to keep it quiet because I hate the look of the stock exhaust pipe. Looks like a little pecker sticking out of my rear bumper.

so you plan on changing to the 97-98? Cuz your pic looks like a 94-96. What year is your car? I am confused a little now

I think he wants to convert to 7GB front end

and as for the oem fogs.. I like mine.
    Last edited by RedLine DOHC; 11-07-2009 at 08:57 PM

i believe he has a 97 or 98 as the only PTM grilles are on the 97 and 98 and in the pic u can c it has the 97-98 tails
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Whoops. I should've said it was a 97 too.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    I think he wants to convert to 7GB front end

and as for the oem fogs.. I like mine.
    when are you going to post pics of those on your car, pics of them lit up and off, and pics of only the foglight's on while facing a wall so we can see the cutoff/pattern
    ?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I snaped the bolts off when I was removing them so I need to go get and easy out set and new bolts. I still need to do that and set the cut off on them, I angled the lens down so it wont be to bad but it still needs to be done

kent.. how about just paint ur grilles a flat black.. and as for fogs ive never seen the oem 7gb fogs ever i dont even know if they exist lol
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

the other OEM 7GB fogs are round...nothing special. They dont have the same clean fit as the 94-96 fogs

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    kent.. how about just paint ur grilles a flat black.. and as for fogs ive never seen the oem 7gb fogs ever i dont even know if they exist lol
    7gb fogs exist. I have 1 on my car. Lopsided look to it. I removed the grilles and dremeled out the mounting points for them. I honestly think it looks cleaner because I hated the way the grilles looked

the other OEM 7GB fogs are round...nothing special. They dont have the same clean fit as the 94-96 fogs
    7gb fogs aren't round. They are more of an oval shape. If it weren't so dark out right now I'd go take a picture for you.

round...oval...whatever! LOL

They are not the same blocks that the first set of 7G's came with

round...oval...whatever! LOL

They are not the same blocks that the first set of 7G's came with
    I really wish they had actually made fogs that filled the entire fog hole instead of half-ass filling it with a lopsided gay looking oval. I don't know what the 7ga fogs looked like, but I definitely need to fix my fog issues. I need to take some measurements on the current fog and find something that matches its semi-dimensional and replace them asap. I hate having one fog light. I like everything to be symmetrical.

Does anyone sell shorty antennas for the Galant? I hate that my antenna is about as tall as me on a car that comes up to my check. An antenna on a low car should not come to my forehead when I'm 6' 4"

going off topic a little here haha.. but those wheels as ugly as they are, are quite unique. On the JDM Galants they were only ever fitted to the MIVEC Galant VX-R, Emeraude Super Touring R and the Eterna Visage R - it's one of the main ways to tell the MIVEC models apart from the others. They are the only wheels which remained the same all the way through production too, whereas all the other models changed wheels between pre-facelift and facelift.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kent View Post
    I really wish they had actually made fogs that filled the entire fog hole instead of half-ass filling it with a lopsided gay looking oval. I don't know what the 7ga fogs looked like, but I definitely need to fix my fog issues. I need to take some measurements on the current fog and find something that matches its semi-dimensional and replace them asap. I hate having one fog light. I like everything to be symmetrical.

Does anyone sell shorty antennas for the Galant? I hate that my antenna is about as tall as me on a car that comes up to my check. An antenna on a low car should not come to my forehead when I'm 6' 4"
    your 7g has an antenna in the rear windshield. you don't even need to use your power antenna. A so called shorty antenna would only look gay.

Do you have an aftermarket headunit? if so just hook it up to your glass antenna and disengage the power antenna all together.
    Or do like me and get sirius and never listen to bullshit radio or commercials again.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kent View Post
    Mine is from a Chevy blazer with a transistion screw adapter i bought from a local place.

I don't think my shorty antenna looks gay though.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

nah that doesn't look bad kev.

I'm probably going to shave mine all together if i ever stop buying performance sht and actually take my car to get painted.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast