The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Project BlackHeart

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 361
    The five speed I was referring to is the F5A51-2 from the XG350 but it will more of a headache with the electronics(Dual ecu, 3G sportronic shifter, wiring, etc).
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Experienced TGC Member
    I am just going to run a 3g tranny. Keeping that aspect as simplfied as I can.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

im a ninja. lol
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Experienced TGC Member
    Well I spent a couple hours working on the car today. My goal was to get the 5spd shifter and cables installed, but I went about this a little differently than most have. Since I have already removed the majority of the A/c system I decided to take out the rest from inside. I removed the entire lower dash, center counsel, and lower portion of the heater core assembly. Now, this was by no means "easy" as it involved taking a part the center dash "frame" which holds the HVAC controls and radio, and a little assistance from a long pry bar, what I wanted out finally did.

This allowed much easier access to the shifter cable plate bolts on the firewall, but again this was not easy by any means. The hole to the right is from the A/c system which hooked up to the lines in the engine bay. I will fabricate a plate to cover the hole so there is nothing to worry about with that.

Everything which has been removed, some will be placed back into the car while other parts will be tossed out. Oh, and yea...a new cabin filter is being put in lol

5spd shifter and cables installed. The spring action (side to side movement) is a little stiff when you let go so I greased the bolt, and placed a smaller washer onto the facing sides of the spring assembly which improved it quite a bit. There was a small plate between the cover plate(?) and shifter bracket that held the shifter into the assembly which caused about an 1/8" gap between the ball and the plastic housing. I wasn't happy with the "sloppy" feel because you could feel that little extra movement, so the plate had been removed and it is a nice smooth feeling when moving the shifter around.

Before I left for the day I adjusted the camber on the front wheels so it is all the way in, it didn't make any rediculous adjustment, but a noticeable improvement

www.blackheartmotors.net

Fender roller. Problem solved.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Nice, good progress :)
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Damn ur going so fast.. Btw I like ure dash color =D
    hey do u have ure 5speed transmission already??
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

blue8g

this pic is awesome

The dash is the stock color guys lol
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

blue8g
    ^lol i'm just talking about the shot itself....for whatever reason the lighting of it just makes it amazing

I was really responding to sponcars comment
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Your just tearing into it ! nice work, cant wait for the final before and after pics (if you will ever truly be done)

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    nice work. I'm assuming it wasn't so hard to put the shafter cables in since all that shit was out of the way haha

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Damn ur going so fast.. Btw I like ure dash color =D
    hey do u have ure 5speed transmission already??
    I don't have the 5spd or engine yet. I am spending a while getting some things installed/removed/clean up before anything will be dropped in even.

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    Your just tearing into it ! nice work, cant wait for the final before and after pics (if you will ever truly be done)
    I like tearing crap apart lol. I can't wait to just drive the damn thing haha, I don't honestly know if it will ever be "done."

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    nice work. I'm assuming it wasn't so hard to put the shafter cables in since all that shit was out of the way haha
    It was straight forward access to those bolts once I tore the other stuff out. I was sitting in the car for like 10 minutes just "shifting through gears"...I found it amusing atleast LOL.

Blue, thanks for the comment on the photo. I haven't really touched my DSLR for a while now but I am getting the hang of it a little more now.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Looks good Matt. I wasn't brave enough to remove the dash frame. But if I was it would've made my whole shift cable ordeal easier. lol.

Good job bro, can't wait 'til that thing is done.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Looks good Matt. I wasn't brave enough to remove the dash frame. But if I was it would've made my whole shift cable ordeal easier. lol.

Good job bro, can't wait 'til that thing is done.
    I was trying to get to those two bolts like you did, but it didn't work so well. The left bolt was easy to get a flex head ratcheting wrench onto, but just no room whatsoever for any wrench or socket to fit on the right side one.

After I started taking out the rest of the stuff and finding more components to be removed, the work and time spent was paying off. I am going to be able to clean up the wiring in that center section a bit more now.

www.blackheartmotors.net

yeah, I just didnt want to fuck things up. That whole behind the dash are for any car is still unconquered territory for me.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    The dash is the stock color guys lol
    I don't knw bro but seem Like a black dash to me..!!
    well I thought it was painted it because mine is beige..!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    I don't knw bro but seem Like a black dash to me..!!
    well I thought it was painted it because mine is beige..!
    The interior is the OEM Medium Gray color.

www.blackheartmotors.net

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    A Black upper dash would look good! And since you've already got it apart it'd be alot easier.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast