The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What 6x9 speakers do you have?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 71

What 6x9 speakers do you have?

Mounting depth 3" correct?

I bought some PowerBass 210W speakers for the rear deck months ago and they don't fit. The basket was to wide. I was getting tweeters but I think i just blew both rears. I have my deck set up to take all the bass out of all speakers and directed to just the subs. What's funny is i was messing with the wiring behind the deck last weekend so i'll check it again.

But maybe i'll get some fitting replacements. What brand speakers do you have and what model? I want to buy some that fit.

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

I would just mount a sub in the rear and plug the 6x9 holes. I have Alpine components for the fronts and didn't really hear the rear speakers over the sub box.
    sig too big

I was thinking about getting some new 6 3/4" speakers from crutchfield and get the rear 6x9 bracket and put the stock door speakers in the back. I guess any 6x9 should work if its not as huge as the ones i got.

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    i have polks all the way around. might change to infinity kappa a lil down the road

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    i have polks all the way around. might change to infinity kappa a lil down the road
    So Polks are a good brand to get for the component speakers? I was looking to upgrade my from and rear speakers around December, just don't know what's a good reliable brand.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    ALPINE FTW!!!!! I have alpine all the way around and I Love them! Type R 6.5 and 6x9

Eclipse Component up front and Eclipse SP in the rear, Rears are flush mounted if youre worried about mounting depth clearance. Eclipse/JL ftw!
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    Eclipse Component up front and Eclipse SP in the rear, Rears are flush mounted if youre worried about mounting depth clearance. Eclipse/JL ftw!
    eclipses hit the torsion bar, used to have them.

thats wierd, cuz mine dont hit at all, ill take a picture of it and show how much clearance i have, i think i have a good half inch to an inch to spare
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I have sony X-plode all around, 6x9s,2 12" subs, 6.5" in doors, 2000watt mono block amp, head unit. WHEN YOU STICK WITH ONE BRAND, YOUR SYSTEM WILL ALWAYS SOUND GREAT. Took me a long time to figure that out.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    im sorry big but being an installer for years im going to have to disagree with that statement.. as far as matching speakers its a good idea so your frequency response isint all out of wack but everything else it really doesent matter

Quote Originally Posted by bigtrini4lyfe View Post
    I have sony X-plode all around, 6x9s,2 12" subs, 6.5" in doors, 2000watt mono block amp, head unit. WHEN YOU STICK WITH ONE BRAND, YOUR SYSTEM WILL ALWAYS SOUND GREAT. Took me a long time to figure that out.
    sony = below entry level

Quote Originally Posted by ZigenScarface View Post
    im sorry big but being an installer for years im going to have to disagree with that statement.. as far as matching speakers its a good idea so your frequency response isint all out of wack but everything else it really doesent matter
    x2

Zigen and Flieg, what do you guys recommend? On a budget between 50$ - 80$, per set.

um...kenwood or pioneer? with that budget, you are limiting yourself a lot

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    Zigen and Flieg, what do you guys recommend? On a budget between 50$ - 80$, per set.
    alpine
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...e+SPS-609.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...e+SPS-600.html

Infinity
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewc...rder=price_asc

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m...-speakers.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmm View Post
    I would just mount a sub in the rear and plug the 6x9 holes. I have Alpine components for the fronts and didn't really hear the rear speakers over the sub box.
    x2

im just gonna change the front ones...didnt really bother changing the rear speakers cuz of same reason but it'd be better to change all of them.

-RON

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    yes if you go to a retail store like bestbuy you wont get much more then a pair of pioneers, which arent horrible.. between stock and those.. night and day difference.. but you can get alot more for your buck if your willing to shop around on the internet a bit! if you find any speakers and have questions about them feel free to give me a shout!

Quote Originally Posted by ZigenScarface View Post
    yes if you go to a retail store like bestbuy you wont get much more then a pair of pioneers, which arent horrible.. between stock and those.. night and day difference.. but you can get alot more for your buck if your willing to shop around on the internet a bit! if you find any speakers and have questions about them feel free to give me a shout!

Yeah, I definitely only buy from the net, or this place called Arizona Sound, they have real good deals from what I can tell.

I may go with what showtime has though, he seems to like them a lot, or the infinitys.

EDIT: At the same time, bigger speakers mean a bigger amp, which translates to much more money.

Yeah, I definitely only buy from the net, or this place called Arizona Sound, they have real good deals from what I can tell.

I may go with what showtime has though, he seems to like them a lot, or the infinitys.
    Ill drive up there so you can listen if you want.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast