The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What 6x9 speakers do you have?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 71
    Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    Ill drive up there so you can listen if you want.
    We should throw your 6.5's in my doors real quick XD

Hey, what about this setup:

This amp

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+MRP-F600.html

With these 6.5s

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...e+SPR-17C.html

And these 6x9's

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...e+SPR-69C.html

Correct me if I'm wrong (please), but I think that should work correct?

Both pairs of speakers have 100 watts RMS, and the amp puts out 4 x 100 watts RMS, and both the speakers and the amp have 4 ohm impedance.

Now, with that setup, and my 900 watt MTX 4500s in the trunk, running from another alpine amp, I should probably get at least one capacitor, correct?....

Alright, flieg, zigen, fill in the holes in my logic please :D haha

Or, I could go with the one set below those speakers, the type S's, the ones that are just a step down from those, which means i can get a 4 x 90 watt amp, which, in a nutshell, means 100$ less total cost for the 4 speakers and the amp. Considering that the only difference I've read between the two speakers is the fact that the type R's have mad bass, whereas the type S's don't, but my subs hit hard already, so I need high's and mid's more than anything.

Once again, I turn the mic over to the experts ;)
    Last edited by HungarianHunter; 11-24-2009 at 01:38 AM

i Just did my car in all kenwood everything from the headunit to the subs and amp only thing that isnt kenwood are my wires its sounds jsut too good
    6.5 components and tweets up front
    6x9's in the back a 2 12's and a 1000 watt amp its just amazing

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    thanx for info guys =]

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

I am installing Rockford Fosgate, Power series T1693 for rear, front are a bit complicated, 8" Kicker midbass at the doors + 3"mids & 1" tweeters in custom kick panels. 12" Rockford Woofers in custom enclosures.
    De que estamos hablando?

I was thinking of getting Polk speakers and sub. I don't know much about them as far as car speakers go, but I have them for my home stereo and they rule. Are they really good car speakers as well?
    })({ Heather })({

- "If you never take risks, you'll have a wasted soul."

i used to have all polk audio speakers in my old car and it sounded good. not sure what they are like now (this was back in 01 or 02)

I've got all Kicker components KS series and one 15" L7 in the trunk with a kenwood head unit but I want to switch my amp to Kicker currently have a 3000 watt massive

I have some MTX 6x9's I got at a car show for 40 bucks, cdt components for the front, and audison 4 ch amp for those, a 12 in RE SX for the sub ( gotta build the box) and a hifonics 1206d that I got for 60 bucks.
    Knukoncepts wiring and pioneer head unit.
    02 Galant GTZ stock
    00 S10 Bagged on 20's Suicide Doors 5 link and control arms, more to come!

254reese
    I also went all Alpine in my car, head unit type S components and 6x9's and 1 type X 12 in a probox.
    The 6x9's are flushmounted and inside speakers are ran off the CD player alone with no bass, all lows comes from the sub.

BOSTON ACOUSTICS component seperates in front and BOSTON ACOUSTICS coax in rear. MTX 9500 12 x2 in slot loaded box in the rear. MTX 1501d and MTX 1004 powering the system approxiately 1300w RMS. they were installed 5+ years ago so i don't remember any of the other speaker details.

Clarion 6x9 ive had these for a while and they sound great for any set up.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Reelax. How'd those Boston speakers sound?? Ive got 4 12"s in my trunk, 2 of which are boston G2s and my aftermarket 6.5's an 6x9's arent really cut'n it anymore..i was thinkn bout getn some Bostons.

I had a set of bostons in my s10, they were a component set and amped and the tweeters would shut off if I played them too hard.
    They sounded great, but I swapped them out for a set of Earthquake components and those got loud and sounded good.
    02 Galant GTZ stock
    00 S10 Bagged on 20's Suicide Doors 5 link and control arms, more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by The_fresh_Galant View Post
    Reelax. How'd those Boston speakers sound?? Ive got 4 12"s in my trunk, 2 of which are boston G2s and my aftermarket 6.5's an 6x9's arent really cut'n it anymore..i was thinkn bout getn some Bostons.
    well keep in mind these are like 5+ years old... i like them. i am running them on 90w RMS each and i think they can handle 125w RMS (250w peak). they don't shut down or overheat, but then again, i almost never listen to music at high levels anymore. if anything they are more SQ than SPL. the subs in the back, however, hit like a heavyweight and are overkill. i get back massages in the front seats and the back seats get pummeled. i had to turn the gain way down because it was moving all my mirors... re aiming the center mirror all the time gets annoying.

hahaha Thats how my subs do. except mine is RELE loud but my mirror doesnt vibrate too much. but eveything else does. But im only run'n like 50w RMS to all four speakers with an E.q in my dash an they get pretty damn loud but it jus doent seem like im getn much quality out of either. Thats why i wanna upgrade

rocgalant
    2009-

6.5" Polk DB 651S in front doors, 6X9 Polk MMC 691 on rear deck, 1" Visonik VT1229 tweeters on the dash.

My Cuzin has a full set of Polk but i havent heard em on an amp. They sound like shit comin off his aftermarket head unit.

rocgalant
    Car audio is highly subjective but I think the polks sound great in mine. The rears rattle the rear deck (I can't find where). I think the bass from the 6x9s are really good. It doesn't hit the crazy low frequencies like below 30hz which doesn't matter to me.

I had to add the Visonik tweeters though because stupid Mitsubishi had to put the door speakers way down by the by the footwells. So if you're in the car w/ a passenger, both your legs block the sound.

blue8g
    my polks sound amazing imo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast