The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What 6x9 speakers do you have?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 71
    Quote Originally Posted by rocgalant View Post
    Car audio is highly subjective but I think the polks sound great in mine. The rears rattle the rear deck (I can't find where). I think the bass from the 6x9s are really good. It doesn't hit the crazy low frequencies like below 30hz which doesn't matter to me.

I had to add the Visonik tweeters though because stupid Mitsubishi had to put the door speakers way down by the by the footwells. So if you're in the car w/ a passenger, both your legs block the sound.
    thats what components are for.
    you can buy the tweeter covers from the dealer for like 20 bucks.

rocgalant
    Tweeter covers? I have 6 speakers total (2 rear deck, 2 front door, 2 tweeters on the dash). Are you talking about the plastic mesh covering the factory tweeters? I switched those out for the Visonik tweeters.

Yea, i hate how they had to put speakers down there. i been searching for a set of tweeters but i dont have an amp to hook em to.

And i also didnt kno you could get tweeter covers for the 8G.

Mine are Infinity All around and Eclipse Sub (This Sub been with me since my first car -5 has passen by- is like my son) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by The_fresh_Galant View Post
    Yea, i hate how they had to put speakers down there. i been searching for a set of tweeters but i dont have an amp to hook em to.

8G's w/ the infinity systems came stock w/ tweeters behind the door mirrors.

but you know you can get seperates and run them off the stock head right?

you just wire the front speaker wire in the door to the included crossover, then the crossovers wire to the door speaker and the tweeter... the head unit thinks it's just powering the door speeker like before, seperate amp not necesarry.

rocgalant
    I have a 9G

Yea i kno how to wire em up..But im thinkn theres no way they will help comin off the head unit. Maybe but i cant see how.

Yea i kno how to wire em up..But im thinkn theres no way they will help comin off the head unit. Maybe but i cant see how.
    huh? seperates come w/ a crossover for each side... the crossover sends the low frequencie to the woofer that replaces your door speaker and the high frequencies to the tweeter you install in the sail panel or on the dash or the upper part of the door... that's why the stock wiring goes to the crossover first then the crossover sends signal to the speakers. the tweeters r what sets the imaging and soundstage so thats why they work best mounted around ear level. i don't understand what u don't get.

I'm saying with just the power of the head unit on the components vs. speakers comin from the amp-how would Components make hardly any difference. Now if components were ran from amp then Yea big difference. I know how they work. but with out enough power they wont be loud enough.

I'm saying with just the power of the head unit on the components vs. speakers comin from the amp-how would Components make hardly any difference. Now if components were ran from amp then Yea big difference. I know how they work. but with out enough power they wont be loud enough.
    tweeters barely need any power at all to get loud since they don't reproduce any low frequencies (the lower the frequency the more air you need to move hence bigger speakers and more power). of course w/ any decent external amp you can get very loud, but the headunit, even our stock head units, have more than enough power to run tweeters and the door woofers in seperates. my seperates run off a 90Wx4 RMS amp but even when they were running off the headunit they got plenty loud... but the tweeters make it very clear and set a much better soundstage than the stock door speakers.

Yea true. Now that i think about some of the tweeters ive heard even in a house. i Suppose comin off a 52w max head unit, they could work fine.

I have not used 6x9's or any rear fill in along time... if you get a proper front stage you don't need rears...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Ive heard some people say that. But i like haven the sound from all corners...its makes a difference to me

rocgalant
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    I have not used 6x9's or any rear fill in along time... if you get a proper front stage you don't need rears...
    When you say that you don't use rears, do you have a sub? I can't imagine you would get enough bass from just front speakers?

When you say that you don't use rears, do you have a sub? I can't imagine you would get enough bass from just front speakers?
    Of course I was running subs lol... one of my older set ups...

NICE Setup! I been wantn to give mine that kinda look, but with 4 subs which is hard with 12"s since we dont have a whole lotta trunk space.

how do we make a nice looking display for our trunks?

Wood and Carpet!! lol..no rele theres plenty of ways. You jus gotta get supplies and hands-on Knowlegde.

rocgalant
    @Prophet

Very nice. Very clean. I'd like to do something clean like that but having a little kid kind of ruins that. Good stuff though.

@Prophet

Very nice. Very clean. I'd like to do something clean like that but having a little kid kind of ruins that. Good stuff though.
    Bro I have two young boys... they don't let me not have fun lol... enjoy life...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast