The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quad,turbo,nos

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 71
    leadfoot

Quad,turbo,nos

this summer i was planning on getting a quad set up along with a tubo set up and backed with a 75 to 100 shot. now i know i cant run all this with just a stock motor that's why im making this what can i do to my engine to make it take the beating of a 12 to 15 psi turbo, quad set up and direct port nos. i do know that there are piston's and rod's but is this enough. im going to level 10 for the tranny.

you are on the right track. With JE Pistons and Crower Rods. When you send your tranny to Level 10 or how ever you do it your going to need a Torque converter as well as bullet proff it. To go with the Quad tb you might as well invest in a stand alone Fuel Managment system. oh yeah and your most likely going to need to upgrade your brakes :twisted:
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

leadfoot
    i know about the brakes but is this all for the engine just the piston's and rod's nothing else?

your engine interna;ls and your tranny is it as far as i know
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Alister_McRae
    Thats awesome dude, but may i ask what do you do for a living, i need to get in on some of the action here, 9 bucks an hour just aint cuttin it.

uhm u sure u want to do that? i mean putting the quads on the car would make ur car very impractical. u'd be drinking gallons of gas by the minute. add in a turbo and ur pouring gas str8 intop the combustion chamber. i wouldn't see sum1 like that be able to go the the grocery store and back without stopping to fill up on gas.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    yah quads are pretty much for track only...id just settle with duel intake mani, unless your just going to make this beast a trailor queen
    7g for life!

leadfoot
    thanks for te info but you still havent answered my question.. i didint think the quad would be that big of a deal other than the price. where can i get the dual throttle body from and how much can i be expecting to pay for it? also what internal work can i do to the motor to make the beating of 15 psi and a direct port fogger system (75-100) shot.

Go to www.visionimports.com they are a company based out in FLorida they get parts for our Galants and they can find out if we have a dual tb application.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

SuperchargedGTZ
    well you will want to completely rebuild your egine. new gasket, new seals, and believe it or not, our rods on our engines are really good. the weak parts are the piston heads. i havent been able to prove it yet, but i think they are made of tin foil...hehe

call Ross at RIPP, he can give you a good idea of what to do and where to get everything.

goodluck

leadfoot
    i was going to go to f-max for the turbo kit but i dont think they make one for our car's so i have to look for another source. does anyone on the forum have a stage 2 - stage 3 turbo with an 8th gen l4? in some places they say they tested the utrbo charged galant and rated itat 300 hp so im estimanteing about 280 whp. i was looking for about 350 at the crank but i think that's aiming too high for our car's. as far as running this beast i will where can i get the engine rebuilt?

PS. i live in ATL

SuperchargedGTZ
    you should walk before you run....take it step by step....become knowledgeable about the kit, how it works, how it runs, how you can control it. i thought i knew about my car before i got the SDS, now I have learned so much and can carry on a conversation with someone knowledgeable about cars.

it doesnt take much to run a turbo, but it takes a alot to understand it. if you understand it, you can run your car more efficiently and safer. know the breaking points and its limits.

good luck

leadfoot
    i have done research on turbo's just not for this applicatoin i was going to get an altima basically the same 2.4 l4 sedan the only difference is the engine set up and one is nissan and one is mit. with an motor build and a stage 2 turbo on an altima running on 9 psi it run's a 13's i was planing on making my galant do the same(running 13's hopefully low) i know there is a different maybe more than i think. i want to do the same with the galant but i know i might have to do a little more to this car to make it withstand the stress im going to put on the engine and tranny that and i want ot run 15 psi when going to the track i also want to run direct port 100 shot. as you know im going to level 10 for the tranny set up and i have no idea where i should go for the motor someone mentiond ross so i have to look into that if anyone have a 8th gen galant please give me info on your set up and what you got from it thanks.

Kain
    Hmm, See I think the problem here is you're not grasping the whole of what you're wanting to do. If you do all of that stuff, you're going to have a car that is essentially not street legal, (in GA quad TB= no emissions inspection) Will get horrendous gas milage, is likely to detonate easily without proper tuning of the fuel maps, and will tear the tires off the rims everytime you step on the throttle.

I think you really need to go slowly. As far as I know, no one has ever made a super-fast car on their very first time out. Take your project in steps. Learn how each major item works with your car and each other before moving on to the next step. I can almost guarantee you, that if you were to throw a quad TB setup, Turbo, and nitrous at your car at the same time with your current knowledge (not to bash you, just making a reasonable observation) you'd almost instantly blow your motor. One big obsticle you're looking at is stand-alone engine management. This isn't "kid stuff" Learning how to properly manage a stand-alone engine management unit can take years. Even with today's very user-friendly units (AEM's new miracle box comes to mind) you're looking at a fairly steep learning curve.

Take this project gradually, and not only will you be much better off in the long run, but you'll have much more fun and if you can accomplish what you're trying you'll have a Galant probably running in the mid to low 10s assuming you can keep your traction at a level commiserate with the power being put out.

Experienced TGC Member
    I agree with Kain. I took a good 4 months of research and learning before starting to pick up parts for my projects. I know exactly what I want to do now and what steps I will do it in, and believe me nothing its geting done in 1 shot I figure by the time I complete my list of things to It will be late summer of 2004 and I started my project Sept 2002. Worst thing you can do is blindly just put things in and then watch ur car go up in flames lol, or worse spend a shitload on fancy gofast parts and not pass inspection and have to rip it out!
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I got Kain's back on this one.. You gotta walk before you run.. You'll never have fast ride on the first try, hell i know.. My motor is fully built race motor for the second time, everthing is done.. If your talking about running 15 psi, your not going to do it in A/T, thats for damn sure.. its not practical, you will get tons of slippage, even with it bulletproofed.. my tranny has been bulletproofed for about a couple months now, and from all the work that has been done to it.. It will only handle about 12psi.. I say you do more homework on what your trying to do, because its more work that you may really think it is..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

leadfoot
    you have a bullet proof auto tranny from level 10 and you can only run 12 psi. that seem's hard to belive if im understanding you right not that your a lier but all the good thing's that ive heard from level 10 there supposed to be the best as far as strong auto tranny's. im not going to try to make my car a 12 sec car in 1 mounth's time. i know that i have to get a feel for the car when i get the turbo and take it to get tuned right and dyno'd. if you guy's think im trying to get a turbo running on 15 psi on a galant backed by a direct fogger system all in a 5 month's period sorry if it seems like that, my car wont be done for at least another year i just wanted advise from people that have turbo'd there 8th gen galant's and how they run it and how it perform's(or anyone that has good information that i an use in the future). ive got the tranny covered as far as i know bullet proof it, torque converter, and a pts shift tronic kit all from level 10 should be able to make 15psi off of an l4 and a 100 shot the only thing im worryed about is the engine giving out because it's still stock.(im getting all the upgrades from level 10 and the motor build before i get anything else) oh and you said that you have a full racing motor where did you get it done? oh and i think the slippage can be controled by the torgue converter and slick at least i hope

Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot
    you have a bullet proof auto tranny from level 10 and you can only run 12 psi. that seem's hard to belive if im understanding you right not that your a lier but all the good thing's that ive heard from level 10 there supposed to be the best as far as strong auto tranny's. im not going to try to make my car a 12 sec car in 1 mounth's time. i know that i have to get a feel for the car when i get the turbo and take it to get tuned right and dyno'd. if you guy's think im trying to get a turbo running on 15 psi on a galant backed by a direct fogger system all in a 5 month's period sorry if it seems like that, my car wont be done for at least another year i just wanted advise from people that have turbo'd there 8th gen galant's and how they run it and how it perform's(or anyone that has good information that i an use in the future). ive got the tranny covered as far as i know bullet proof it, torque converter, and a pts shift tronic kit all from level 10 should be able to make 15psi off of an l4 and a 100 shot the only thing im worryed about is the engine giving out because it's still stock.(im getting all the upgrades from level 10 and the motor build before i get anything else) oh and you said that you have a full racing motor where did you get it done? oh and i think the slippage can be controled by the torgue converter and slick at least i hope
    L10 they do make the best tranny's anywhere, and from guyz that I know who have got there stuff done by them they are having slippage at about 14 psi, and im thinking i may lose the whole thing at 12psi, which really is no big deal for me because she will go to a 5spd, anyway.. but until i can actually put the power to it, who really knows.. I've just pushed nitrous on it, and she holds up really well.. I wanted to get a shift kit for it, but then i was like how bad do i really want to keep the A/T, so i decided not to.. All the motor work has been done by myself and my boyz and there dads.. I've had help from AK1, and getting the pistons and new rods, Reelax on what to look for when i had the motor extrude honed and bored and stroked,my boy LAZ for giving me ideas on what to do next, and just about everyone else on here on just str8 up moral support when i blew up my first motor.. Im thinking im catching slippage off the line, because i have the TC and i run on slicks.. but i think its in my head, becasue when i look at the reaction time, and then my 60ft they seem slow..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Experienced TGC Member
    Just out of curiosity Kemist how'd you blow your first motor and how bad was the damage?
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just out of curiosity Kemist how'd you blow your first motor and how bad was the damage?</div>

Its was Oct of 01' when i was coming back from HIN in FT.Lauderdale, i was racing a Type-R Integra on I-95.. and this was before i got the testing done and i was using 2 nitrous bottles which was like a 125shot on a single fogger.. Pushed the Button like an ass at about 95mph at 5000rpms.. Tires started spinning, temp guage hit red, rpms burried, water temp was like 250degrees.. then she just died on me, smoke and everything was pouring out, the whole windshield was covered in the 5w30syntec..lol.. The motor on first glance looked like soup really, warped and melt #1, 3, and 4 pistons, cracked block, manifold, broken oil pan,and seals, not including fucked up all the electronics. sent it out to a shop in ST. Pete that I heard builds some really kick ass motors, and had it repair and strenghted, cost was about 8g's.. bought a back-up which is now on of the fastest 4 door sedans w/nitrous oxide in Florida.. The price of being a Tuner..lol..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast