The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quad,turbo,nos

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 71
    Experienced TGC Member
    Damn. I only paid 8gs for my galant, I would just bought a new car and started over again!

ah live and learn
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

leadfoot
    125 single shot fogger system damn you were one fast mo fo im guessing you hit the button in 3rd with end's at 110 or so. anyways glad everything worked out for you how much are you packin? and how did you strengthen you motor more than it already was because i though you said it was already built? now what do you have done to it to take the 125 shot if you still have it?

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot
    125 single shot fogger system damn you were one fast mo fo im guessing you hit the button in 3rd with end's at 110 or so. anyways gald everything workedout for you how how much are you packin? and how did you strengthen you motor more that it already was because i though you said it was already built? now what do you have done to it to take the 125 shot if you still have it?
    Im still fast, actually faster than what you may think..lol..I dont think she blew because of where i sprayed, i think it blew because she was strong enough.. Yeah she was built pretty well but there were things i think that still needed to be done, that werent just as yet, and she was just being broken in.. Right now im off nitrous, for the meanwhile, the complete system was sold 2 my boy in a RSX-S, talk about freakishly fast.. :shock: I have like 2 100 shots still available, one is in my momz CL-s and the other is just sittin in my garage.. The things that i did 2 the second motor that i didnt 2 the second.. Titanium, rings, sleeves, valve springs, urethane motor mounts, complete A-mount under the motor to prevent it from rocking or shifting under heavy power, titanium piston heads was a really hard find.. Everything else is just about the same off the original set-up, just no nitrous, until my turbo is done..lol.. still a low 13sec car.. She is still a headache though.. Bro, if you have any questions about N2O or internals feel free to ask..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

leadfoot
    so your still in the low 13's with out a turbo or nos damn. that's a fast N/A galant. how much did you pay altogether for all the valve spring's and piston head's and such oh and did you get the block bore to get more hp out of it. if so do you have a round about number for this motor build you have done. since the galant will be i the shop for suck long period's of time im thinking about geting a new WRX STi. plus the nice part it stock that beast pull's mid 12's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemist aka Shane
    You'll never have fast ride on the first try
    Well, that really depends on what you are driving In a Galant, I'd agree. When I bought my first Nova it had a 250 I6 putting out around 100 hp. I bought an L34 402 V8 from a 70 Chevelle and rebuilt it, added a TCI TH400, Ford 9" rear with 4:10 gearing and a few other misc items (radiator, springs, master cylinder, fuel pump). I never dynoed it, but the factory specs for the 70 Chevelle L34 was 350hp @ 5200 & 412lb-ft @ 3600. Needless to say, it moved and that was my first upgrade to it

Of course, I had alot of experience working on my other cars when I started this.

Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot
    so your still in the low 13's with out a turbo or nos damn. that's a fast N/A galant. how much did you pay altogether for all the valve spring's and piston head's and such oh and did you get the block bore to get more hp out of it. if so do you have a round about number for this motor build you have done. since the galant will be i the shop for suck long period's of time im thinking about geting a new WRX STi. plus the nice part it stock that beast pull's mid 12's.
    yeah she pretty fast not fast enough, and not enough power yet. Just for the valve springs, forged rods and pistons, titanium piston heads, bored and stroked, and extrude honed, for the second time i did it, about 6g's give or take.. If you mean a round about hp number, i would say im around the 280-300hp range, thats just and apprx though.. I've been reading about the New STI's, they seem like real beasts, cant wait to see how they handle the EVO VIII..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

TWISTED II
    shane, you say that your still runnin low 13's n/a? you have any slips you can scan and pop online? i dunno if you can drop a galant, whith a V6, that ran like high 16's-very low 17's stock....into the 13's with pistons, rods, valve springs. i understand thats more work than the normal intake / exhaust, but nothing to make the motor produce that kinda power. unless its bored, stroked, added a camshaft, cam gears etc.......but with pistons, rods, valve springs, motor mounts and stuff, i dunno if i believe your in the low 13's....maybe....low 15's? cuz i am fully building my motor right now, if it is made for the car, i've bought it....if it hasn't been made for the car, i'm having it custom made. and i don't expect to be anywhere near 13's before the forced induction. i'm gonna be like, maybe where i was with my 65 shot...low 15's or so. i dunno, just thinkin. post some dyno sheets or slips, if ya have them.

leadfoot
    re-read the post he made it say's it was bored, stroked, titamiun piston head's, forged piston's and such just read the post again

Man, re-read the posts, when is say its fully built, i mean its FULLY BUILT, there is nothing that has not been done.. I have slips, the only one that i would show would be the 13sec slip, which i will get from Robert who is the Manager at Bithlo Raceway in Orlando.. Ohh yeah you can do sub 13sec runs, if you do it right, and now BS your way threw it.. I know what im doing especially with the help of Reelax who gave me the idea to get it bored and stroke, and extrude honed.. I got the numbers and the power, dont doubt the motor, a lot of people have and well, there just victims now..lol

TWISTED II
    i know what i read. i still don't think you run low 13's. how much did you have it bored and stroked? cuz yeah, theres a lot of room to bore out, but what do you have a 5.0 or something? ha, well, i have a feeling once the motor gets back into the car, it'll be on a trailer down to florida. oh yeah, and did you say you had titanium sleeves??? why did you go with titanium sleeves? be ready to replace them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i know what i read. Â*i still don't think you run low 13's. Â*how much did you have it bored and stroked? Â*cuz yeah, theres a lot of room to bore out, but what do you have a 5.0 or something? Â*ha, well, i have a feeling once the motor gets back into the car, it'll be on a trailer down to florida. Â*oh yeah, and did you say you had titanium sleeves??? why did you go with titanium sleeves? Â*be ready to replace them.</div>

she was only bored out to 2.81.. It was originally supposed to be 3.0, but then i had talked to Clay about doing the evo head swap then i blew the first motor and had the second motor bored out to the same degree, we didnt know how far to go with it since it was the first one to be done in my area, well a 4g64 for that is.. The sleeves were actually done for free by my friends dad, because I had hooked him up with some audio stuff when i use to work for Best Buy.. IF you actually do the right amount of tunning and research you can pull the numbers.. You'll see whenever you get done..

TWISTED II
    you have the I4? i know i'm boring it out to a 3.1. cuz its not exactly a 3.0 yet, its actually a 2.91 or something. so since the stroke is so shitty, with the amount of boring i do, its gonna put it at exactly a 3.1. if the stroke was higher than 76, it would be a lil more productive, but its all good, i don't need anything bigger than that. set the compression at 8.8, maybe 9. get the motor built and i'm golden.

looks like you find yourself another victim Shane
    Another showdown for TGC
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks like you find yourself another victim Shane Â* Â*
    Another showdown for TGC Â*:P</div>

Yup guess so.. But I gotta wait for him to get all his work done, for him to be a real challenge.. :evil:

Get um.... Hey shane it's about time for another one of out talks....it's March you know....lol
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

TWISTED II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks like you find yourself another victim Shane Â* Â*
    Another showdown for TGC Â*:P</div>

ok, maybe i'm reading this wrong, but are you calling me a victim?
    i really hope your not.......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Get um.... Hey shane it's about time for another one of out talks....it's March you know....lol</div>

Damn your right, it is March..lol..

ok, maybe i'm reading this wrong, but are you calling me a victim?
    i really hope your not.......[/quote]
    Well if you really wanna find out if Shane is lying the hard way, then really you're gonna be a victim.

maybe you wanna be my victim 8)
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

TWISTED II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Well if you really wanna find out if Shane is lying the hard way, then really you're gonna be a victim.

maybe you wanna be my victim Â*8)
    </div>

wow, i'm speechless....do you even know the things i'm doing to my motor? if you saw my motor right now, you would rethink what you say to me. what are you shanes lil bodygaurd? and your gonna need a lot more done to your ride for me to be your victim. don't talk about things which you have no idea about. cuz your making yourself look stupid.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Well if you really wanna find out if Shane is lying the hard way, then really you're gonna be a victim.

maybe you wanna be my victim Â*8)
    </div>

wow, i'm speechless....do you even know the things i'm doing to my motor? if you saw my motor right now, you would rethink what you say to me. what are you shanes lil bodygaurd? and your gonna need a lot more done to your ride for me to be your victim. don't talk about things which you have no idea about. cuz your making yourself look stupid. </div>

Damn bro, chill he was just jokin with you..lol.. Dont get all bent out shape.. All it is, is just some friendly competition, nothing to get all mad about damn.. Hey whatever your doing to your ride i wish you the best, i've been there, and i know what im talking about, and well hell i know what i got, and truly how fast i am.. So when you get it all good and ready, we'll take it to tha track..lol..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast