The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: weird noise after overheat

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

weird noise after overheat

i have a 99 g es and i need to replace the water pump because is leaking i just havent got money to fix it yet . so i always make sure the car has water so it wont oveheat . but i was driving it around and didnt know my car was hot! and everytime i push the gas pedal sounded like poping noise. today i put water in it and drive it around and it got hot in like 4min and it was making a noise . im scare to drive it now .. what can it be? and when i turn the car on it kinda feels weak at the beginning
    Last edited by gunitandresb; 11-23-2009 at 04:25 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    is it a popping noise or like a ping noise like someone is tapping something with a hammer?
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

i got it fix today! is really cold down here now and the car had water in it not coolant so the water pump was froze but replace the water pump and the timing belt was broken! dam good thing i decited not to drive it .. but the car is now vibrating alot and the rpm goes up a lil bit and down not high just a lil bit but i gues thats another subject so im gonna post a question about it. i hope is not the trany

Quote Originally Posted by gunitandresb View Post
    i got it fix today! is really cold down here now and the car had water in it not coolant so the water pump was froze but replace the water pump and the timing belt was broken! dam good thing i decited not to drive it .. but the car is now vibrating alot and the rpm goes up a lil bit and down not high just a lil bit but i gues thats another subject so im gonna post a question about it. i hope is not the trany
    Timing belt broke and now it vibrates after replacing it? Your belt may have been replaces wrong. And the balancing shafts might be off. That would cause it to vibrate. The Rpm's might not be related to the vibrating.