The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: the CF intake

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 59

the CF intake

hey everyone sorry its took me and andrew so long we both have been super busy. but the 3g eclipse and 8g 99-03 galant 4g64 and 6g72 v6 cf intakes are here.

if you are interested let me know i just want to see if anyone is intersted before i start posting up in teh forsale section and or GB area.

here are some pics and vids from andrews cars he has had this on the car for about a month now and no issues. the v6 was my gf's car so it was a test fit and a drive with some video here you go enjoy.

if you cannot get ahold of us here please reach us at our email [email protected] thank you brandon.

hey everyone here is the V6 SRI installed with video.

Youtube video embeding is not working sorry everyone here are the links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-MMBvhfvIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBLodYsYH5E

here is the kit itself that we are selling it will also come with a maf adapter to fit.

4g64 everyone here are pics and vid. SRI and CAI.

SRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYcjJF3pGzE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lqu6vMmJrM

CAI

Last edited by bwracing00; 11-11-2009 at 01:53 AM

Looks good. How much for each, sri and cai? Would they hold up to boost or is that a dumb question.

Off topic but WHERE THE HELL DOES EVERYONE FIND THAT INJEN FUSE BOX COVER????

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Hmmm...it does look really good. I could be wrong since its in elipses and might not effect the G, but the tubing and filter look a little higher than my Injen. Does it have enough clearance when you close the hood?

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

what supports the intake? from all I see, all the weight is being placed on the throttle body.

on the cai i see that strap but it looks like all it is doing is keeping the pipe from swaying from one way to the other but not actually supporting the weight of the pipe.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    The CAI strap would work good to support the intake position, but I would suggest something other than the foam tap. I imagine it was used to maintain the CF finish where the strap sits, but a rubber compound would work great and hold everything snug as well.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

now how is this set up versus a solid metal pipe form say aem or injen with the bends? because im thinking the air would flow better with a aem set up versus having a 2 straight tube with 3 rubber elbow connectors.

I have a question, this intake is better than the one INJEN, AEM, K & N, ETC.

Quote Originally Posted by galantofva View Post
    Looks good. How much for each, sri and cai? Would they hold up to boost or is that a dumb question.

Off topic but WHERE THE HELL DOES EVERYONE FIND THAT INJEN FUSE BOX COVER????

ok as for prices 210 for the SRI and 260 for the CAI shipped

as for the injen fuse cover its a rare find lol try craigslist and ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by tjones156 View Post
    Hmmm...it does look really good. I could be wrong since its in elipses and might not effect the G, but the tubing and filter look a little higher than my Injen. Does it have enough clearance when you close the hood?

it has plenty of clearence when you shut the hood there is actualyl a mount right off the side of the valve cover.

everything should be good to go on the G its all the same as the eclipse engine wise.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    what supports the intake? from all I see, all the weight is being placed on the throttle body.

on the cai i see that strap but it looks like all it is doing is keeping the pipe from swaying from one way to the other but not actually supporting the weight of the pipe.
    there are 2 brackets 1 on the lower section and then 1 under the tubing before the maf to give it plenty of support this si same with the SRI there is a support ont he CF tube that holds it right before the maf.

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    The CAI strap would work good to support the intake position, but I would suggest something other than the foam tap. I imagine it was used to maintain the CF finish where the strap sits, but a rubber compound would work great and hold everything snug as well.
    its a foam piece with a metal strap to hold it and keep it extra sturdy.

Quote Originally Posted by crzygtz View Post
    now how is this set up versus a solid metal pipe form say aem or injen with the bends? because im thinking the air would flow better with a aem set up versus having a 2 straight tube with 3 rubber elbow connectors.

our intakes are 210 shipped for the SRI and 260 shipped for the CAI this included everything piping couplers clamps maf adapter filter and tubing of course.

andrew the person with the 4g64 says that he has a AEM v2 intake on his car and now he has the SRI that we did and so far he has better performance and his gas milage is alot better he said he said he got 20 more mpg's and he drives fast every where.

Quote Originally Posted by 6g72lover View Post
    I have a question, this intake is better than the one INJEN, AEM, K & N, ETC.

so far from our testing i think our intake is better then the injen aem or k&n. plus how many suppliers have video and pictures like this usually they ahve 1 picture and some data about it. if you need more info please post up sorry about the delay im usually at work from 9am till sometimes 2am the next day depending what kinda car we are working on at the restoration shop.

Have you guys figured out the pcv plumbing yet?

what coupler do you use tb side of the maf, been looking and cant find any

I need to make a correction to what brandon said, on my last tank i got 20 more miles over any other tank i normally drive, NOT 20 more mpg lol but yes i do drive crazy, and the performance has felt a lot better. Ive always had CAI's but now im loving this SRI. It SCREAMS.

on the mount for the CAI its a rubberized foam for durability, normally used on applications like weather stripping for homes around the doors and what not.

As for the PCV fitting i just haven't had time to drill into my tubing yet, but when i finish that id like to meet up with you again and see what you think with the new SRI/CAI mount around the engine around where we talked about.
    Last edited by DieselxIndustry; 11-12-2009 at 12:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    what coupler do you use tb side of the maf, been looking and cant find any
    2.75 inch 45 deg elbow, we may have some spares we can sell separately, they were custom made for us 5 ply silicone. High grade stuff. But of course we would much rather you get one of our intakes lol.

We really want to get a legitimate dyno from AMS done, money has just been strapped after the intake order. We were hoping to move some units first since we really only have 2 cars to dyno on, auto 4g64 (greddy evo 2 exhaust) and sporty 6g72 (AMSS header). And manuals usually post better dyno specs... If we did we would post the actual print outs from AMS with a video probably too.

Just a little side note, I can never get my tires to squeal at a stop light when i floor it, if i did it was barely noticeable. :( After i have had this intake on its honestly been easier and more noticeable. Just thought i would mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by crzygtz View Post
    I just wanna add to what brandon said, the cf tubing is about 2mm thick, so it is very low profile when put into the coupler. There shouldn't be any real difference in airflow as long as you install it properly. The couplers are all long enough to let the tubing fit evenly on the inside of the coupler. The sound and performance gains over stock are very noticeable, and theoretically should perform better due to the material used even compared to an aluminum one.

Any other questions guys? what do you think of the sound

Experienced TGC Member
    Is there anyway you guys can fab a CAI that has the 90* formed into it instead of the boot?

Diesel....you a diesel guy too by chance???

www.blackheartmotors.net

its crazy expensive to make curved cf. Otherwise we would. maybe farther down the road but its really hard to say. If your not feeling the CAI then i would recommend the SRI. It sounds wicked and really performs.

As for diesel, do you mean fuel or the denim company

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselxIndustry View Post
    its crazy expensive to make curved cf. Otherwise we would. maybe farther down the road but its really hard to say. If your not feeling the CAI then i would recommend the SRI. It sounds wicked and really performs.

As for diesel, do you mean fuel or the denim company
    I get that cost factor, just thought I would toss that out here as well. I won't be running a SRI intake at all for my setup once its done though.

I was referring to the fuel...I work for ATS Diesel Performance and thought you might be in that industry or something

www.blackheartmotors.net

Well they both work well, so its all up to you. With a massive engine like the one your working on, Carbon fiber may really benefit you. Its already done a lot for me with the N/A(temporary) engine. The heat soak involved with aluminum intakes is far greater than carbon fiber. Less heat soak= more cool dense air to react with the fuel.

Sorry though i wish i was involved with diesel performance lol

so is anyone intersted in the intakes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast