The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How can I fix the rattle of the locking mechanism on my trunk

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

How can I fix the rattle of the locking mechanism on my trunk

Took awhile to get everything right and now only one thing rattles. The actual locking mechanism for the trunk itself is all that rattles now and I cant figure how to get it to stop.

How'd you manage to stop the rattle in the other areas?

is it from your subs? is everything tight? dyno mat?

Icon8

Took a long time but I stripped the trunk out and checked every and anything that could rattle. Even the wires are bound together to keep them from flailing, including inside the box. When I return to the states I plan on posting some pics and dynamatting the entire trunk. But my problem is that with the trunk lock pulling against itself( as its supposed to) it rattles. If I apply weight to the trunk lid, it goes away. May be an unfixable issue

I had the same rattle when i put my system in, I dynomatted the trunk and the license place but still had a little rattle at the locking mechanism also, i just used the scrap dynomat and started putting it right on the inside of the truck next to the locking mechanism and it stopped. I figured it out by closing my trunk and pushing against the areas where it rattled and applying a little dynomat strip where it rattled. If you dont have a serious system, you might get away with just doing license plate and the little spots in near the mechanism.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein