The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: P170 Fuel trim malfunction

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 87
    i help you look on Mitchell tml at school
    tell me what year model

1998 Galant ES 4G64 2.4 l

i'm not gonna be able to adjust the BISS screw at all its messed up beyond turning or pulling it out,cant believe they made it plastic and not metal.

Experienced TGC Member
    I have a 7g throttle body with no sensors if youre interested. The BISS is in good shape.

it is actually call p0170 fuel trim failure

1. check resistance on injector should be between 13-16 on 2.4 each injector
    2. check injector operation sound during crank and idle using stethoscope
    3. check harness
    4. check air intake. in mitchell it also tell you to use the scan tool to measure volume air flow.
    5. check for exhuast leaks at o2 sensor, exhuast manifold, pipe and check for blockage of fuel line, clock fuel filter, also check fuel pump for weak pressure.

this is a summary, Mitchell does not allow copying.
    hope this would help.
    Last edited by kamenfaiz; 11-19-2009 at 05:44 PM

or look at this alldata picture i uploaded

sorry best picture i can get
    Last edited by kamenfaiz; 11-19-2009 at 05:38 PM

okay thanks for the information. I have one more concern: now when i start my car the battery light and brake light come on at same time and stay on for a few minutes then go off,what could be the culprit. brakes and alterantor have all been replaced and in working order tried resetting ecu and still same problem is this something to be concerned about.

im also getting a 505 code cause my idle is above a 1000 i think thats why no way to get a new biss or bypass it,could i get the other one out?

you might have a bad ecu

I have a new ecu

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CIBAL View Post
    I have a new ecu
    Just cause its new doesnt mean its not bad. Trust me.. Im the king of buying new bad shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Just cause its new doesnt mean its not bad. Trust me.. Im the king of buying new bad shit!
    I know its good,plus there are codes for the ecu if it was faulty 1600 i believe etc. Thanks for the idea! Its something simple how can i test my fuel pressure without a gauge?

get a voltmeter and measure voltage on pin 56 /white wire/. it should between 0.2 and 1V
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Man this stinks,no luck yet?
    Last edited by CIBAL; 11-27-2009 at 10:14 PM

Radio keeps cutting off now,just replaced alteranator a week ago,checked it and battery Optima Evereything looks good.Plus when I start it up the brake light and battery light come on a few minutes to I drive it on the Highway then it goes off?

I had to call a wreker twice in a month cause my car died and would not hold a charge. Whats up with the alternators. Now Im getting a p0505 code idle control malfunction in park and netral the idle keeps bouncing up and down constanly. I just replaced the IAC motorcost 250.00, check mas and air filter for leaks all seems good. Any advice on these two matter would be very helpful.

well i am little lucky on the iac then, because i have only replace it once using a used one. But check the fuse?

TGC Regular
    I suggest replacing your ground wire for your batt.. It goes to the starter bolt on the transmission... Replace that.. It could be shorting out wich could cause your alternators to go...

I just replaced it a while ago. Higher gauge.
    I replaced the terminals also. Optima deep cycling battery and I replaced the alternator twice,now I guess I have to again.

Switched ECU and might have fixed problem drove well over 30miles and no cel...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast