The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: P170 Fuel trim malfunction

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 87
    Cel back on same code must be a leak how to tell no clue Im really getting frustrated and dont have the money to put in shop. Will this code mess my engine up if I continue to drive with it?

just depend, did you even check the fuel pressure?

i have no guage to check fuel pressure.

It has some to do with the first o2 sensor. Its out of range. Measure the voltage on the o2 sensor. it will tell you/us if its running rich or lean and from there on well see what we can do. Shooting in random directions wont get your car fixed. That would be pin 56 - white wire

Looking at the ECU from the wire side
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I know its running rich.

I had just replaced the front o2 sensor with a new one from NGK . No universal it plugged directly in.

I didnt say it was the o2 sensor, i said it was 02 sensor related. that means that the 02 sensor detects a malfunction which throws the AFR off

Quote Originally Posted by CIBAL View Post
    I know its running rich.

Well when you know so much then you should ve fixed that thing already. Im not gonna waste my time anymore replying until you see what that 02 sensor voltage is

Build Thread

I dont have the tools nor the stuff to check it man. I had a friend who was a mechanic say it was running rich . Pc can lean it out so much then it throws a code. iTS A VACCUM LEAK. But finding it is the bitch!!!!! Thanks for the big help!!!!!

0.9 volts

I got this code as well when my I was doing some work on my j-pipe and forgot to tighten down my exhaust manifold when finished.

check your exhaust from headers back to the cat for cracks or leaks...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

All appear fine I just had the stuff replaced underneath a month ago.

if you can borrow a boost/vacuum gauge and hook it up to the nipple for the FPR and see what it reads at idle. It should be around 20-22. if its lower then you have a vac leak

Build Thread

All my stuff is stock,no boost turbo. Where could I buy a guage at. I already pretty much know I have a vaccum leak where,Is the problem. Its driving me crazy,like a needle in haystack searching for one.

There are just that many spots where vac leak can be found.
    1. Start by pulling the vac lines off the TB one by one and then shutting the nipples of the TB with your finger /no gay/.

2. Another leak might be the FPR itself or the vac line to it, so pull the vac line out and shut the nipple on the intake manifold.

3. EGR gasket

4. PCV valve. 99% of the time, a OE PCV valve from the parts store will not seal or the amount of air it lets by is too much. PCV hose - inspect that too.

5. Post MAS leak - the black rubber duct from MAS to TB, TB gasket and seals, IM gasket. Theres a hose connecting the valve cover to the black duct - make sure the hose is there or if you have the little filter on the valve cover, make sure the nipple on the black duct is shut

6. Brake booster hose - inspect for cracks

if i think of some else Ill post it

Build Thread

Okay start the car then check the tb hoses right?

right

Build Thread

I'm checking for vaccum?

briggs
    New BISS $7.00
    http://www.machv.com/newbasidsets.html

Quote Originally Posted by CIBAL View Post
    i'm not gonna be able to adjust the BISS screw at all its messed up beyond turning or pulling it out,cant believe they made it plastic and not metal.

Everything seems fine. No leaks to my knowlege how can I test the fuelpressure.I dont see a end to put a tester on?

Do I need a special tool to replace my fuel pump,looks like it,but cant find one. I need to replace it any ways car has over 200000 miles on it its a 1998 galant 2.4 es

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast