The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g64 turbo list w/ ?

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

4g64 turbo list w/ ?

ok so heres the deal I'm going to turbo my wife's galant this spring and am getting all the parts togetherI'm staying w/ the soch head since I can't find a good dohc head to swap in my area but got a used 64 head to rebiuld anyhow
    so far I have picked up
    turbo manifol w/ t3/t4 hybrid
    fmic 28*7*2.5
    ic piping
    510 cc evo injectors
    external w/g
    1g dsm bov
    balance shaft eliminator kit
    boost controller

still need to get gauges and little shit but the question comes in at the fact she wont drive 5 spd so I have to keep it auto at least till iI can find a good tranny for cheap and force her to drive it but what do I use to tune it or what ecu other guys say the afc and so on wont work because the stock ecu is autocorrecting the changes that the afc makes and the aem-ems is not listed for our cars w/auto and is to expensive the evo ecu sounds best but how does it work w/ an auto tranny.

oh and anything else you think i should need stock c/r is 9.0 according to the haynes manual and the evo only has 8.5 so im not that far over to run a good amount of boost and the last ?
    In the manual it says that the 7g cams have larger lift and duration then the 8g has anyone swapped these in and how well did they work or can they be swapped since they run a dizzy.

search and you will find.... there are many build threads that answer all your questions