Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    I never claimed to have money have I? and you're off topic
    Oh jeeze calm down....
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Oh jeeze calm down....
    hehe quite calm no worries

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Thank you Pete exactly as I said above they can be turned/cut but you should find a shop with proper equipment that know how. Inorder to cut drilled/slotted rotors it is a slower spin then a normal rotor to prevent the damages many are claiming. I always cut or change my rotors when changing pads and bed the pads after changing. My G is about to be due for new pads shes been on same ones since I got her 3 years ago.

I also think Polish was trying to make the point of its cheap for him to cut all 4 rotors and replace pads with them than to replace all 4 rotors. Also cutting/turning rotors will not make them more prone to warp if they are done within spec. You being an idiot will increase your likelihood of warping.

Your argument is poor that you should just stop now. Doing things right the first time has nothing to do with what we are discussing. You got extra cash to spend, cause you got it like that...I have a few questions for you:
    Why are you driving a G mr moneypockets.
    Why are you still on the same rotor after 3 pads without cutting if you do it right?
    and
    Why do your rims look like some stuff on local craiglist I see for like $429 for a set of rims?

No disrespect, but stop acting like you got money when it seems you kinda don't and can we please get back on topic.
    OP call some local shops and ask if they can check to see if your rotors are thick enough to cut as well as if they cut drilled or slotted rotors. My local guy does mine for me at $10 a rotor he runs a mom and pop shop that I buy all my stuff from. Then throw on new pads and enjoy if the rotors are not within spec I suggest replacing them R1 are good guys I used them for my Bimmer's drilled slotted and once I do rear disc conversion on G will be using them for her too.
    Listen my argument has never been can you cut slotted rotors it has been should you NO, ask any pro shop not your local mom and pop shop that does tune ups for 30 bucks and uses cheap aftermarket parts!!! I thought the TGC was about people helping people, people taking a hobby a craft a love for the G and doing something productive with it not sitting behind a computer screen talking tough and being a bunch of disrespectful immature little girls. MY G is my hobby my daily driver that i can mash on abuse the crap out of and throw it away when i'm tired of it... Yes i am Mr money pockets my garage holds over 200,000 in cars and bikes some of whitch you'll never see in your life sad for you but TRUE. My apologies to the rest of the TGC for getting off topic and having to sit on the sidelines and watch this baby bull crap go on.. SPD_FRK i agree with you 110% you obviously know your shit keep it up. As for this topic i'm done!!!
    The TGC needs some class.....

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    I figured I'd just post here, because my question is related...

My car vibrates when I'm braking, and gets progressively more violent as I'm slowing down...

warped rotor, or uneven brake pad wear? Or something different...
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Listen my argument has never been can you cut slotted rotors it has been should you NO, ask any pro shop not your local mom and pop shop that does tune ups for 30 bucks and uses cheap aftermarket parts!!! I thought the TGC was about people helping people, people taking a hobby a craft a love for the G and doing something productive with it not sitting behind a computer screen talking tough and being a bunch of disrespectful immature little girls. MY G is my hobby my daily driver that i can mash on abuse the crap out of and throw it away when i'm tired of it... Yes i am Mr money pockets my garage holds over 200,000 in cars and bikes some of whitch you'll never see in your life sad for you but TRUE. My apologies to the rest of the TGC for getting off topic and having to sit on the sidelines and watch this baby bull crap go on.. SPD_FRK i agree with you 110% you obviously know your shit keep it up. As for this topic i'm done!!!
    The TGC needs some class.....
    Pete, aka polish mafia, is a very reputable guy and a well respected long time member. He doesn't work at a mom and pop shop at all and I would completely trust him with my galant. TGC is and always has been about helping owners, so tell me who are you... a new member... to sit here and bash a forum you hardly have a few months on under your belt.

You have made it clear that your galant means nothing to you and you will beat it till it dies and you can "throw it away" so remind me why we would take your advice?

The galant center does not need any class. We have plenty. We are people who love our g's and dont like to "mash" and "abuse" them. The only reason you have seen disrespect thus far is because you have earned it. We do not encourage people doing stupid things and getting away with it multiple times.

So guys if you want reputable advice please take from people who dont "mash" and "abuse" their galant.

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Yes i am Mr money pockets my garage holds over 200,000 in cars and bikes some of whitch you'll never see in your life sad for you but TRUE.
    The other cars in the parking garage of your apartment building don't count.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    I figured I'd just post here, because my question is related...

My car vibrates when I'm braking, and gets progressively more violent as I'm slowing down...

warped rotor, or uneven brake pad wear? Or something different...
    Where do you feel the vibrations? In the brake pedal?

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Where do you feel the vibrations? In the brake pedal?
    Thinking its possibly uneven pad contact? I had that issue when the bmws pads were bedding right after brake job. Possibility of warped rotor on hungarians?

Does it feel localized to a side or just in general vibrations?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12