The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 s converted to gs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 47
    No, they wanted 400 for the whole shell and I dont have a place to keep it untill I stripped it. They can sell the whole car here, we just cant have the vin number. I would've had to search for every vin number on the car and change it to keep legal per utah law. The gs doesnt have that much in difference on the exterior. A wing, fog lights, sunroof(wich I allready got the whole roof w/sunroof), now if it was a vr4.........I would've grabbed it in a heartbeat!!!!! I would'nt care how long it took to change the vin's! LMFAO. But that would take out all the fun of modding and converting the usdm's.

Got the dash installed today. Looks much better and feels much better.

The old cracked dash.

GS cluster works fine. looking for leather seats in gray or black with non folding rear seat.....or maybe with. let me know what ya got or find.
    Last edited by 97dsmturbogalant; 12-18-2009 at 09:37 PM

1994 Galant S. 90 Percent GS.

Quote Originally Posted by 97dsmturbogalant View Post
    No, they wanted 400 for the whole shell and I dont have a place to keep it untill I stripped it. They can sell the whole car here, we just cant have the vin number. I would've had to search for every vin number on the car and change it to keep legal per utah law. The gs doesnt have that much in difference on the exterior. A wing, fog lights, sunroof(wich I allready got the whole roof w/sunroof), now if it was a vr4.........I would've grabbed it in a heartbeat!!!!! I would'nt care how long it took to change the vin's! LMFAO. But that would take out all the fun of modding and converting the usmd's.

Got the dash installed today. Looks much better and feels much better.

The old cracked dash.

GS cluster works fine. looking for leather seats in gray or black with non folding rear seat.....or maybe with. let me know what ya got or find.
    FYI
    evo 8-9 seats are an easy install if you can find a good deal on some locally

I like the GS seats not just for the fabric, but ecause they have much more agressive side bolsters and a deeper bucket than all of the other 7g seats.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Havn't done much to the g lately, just been cruisin' around with her loving the spool sound of the turbo. I'm currently on hold with the mods on her cause I'm looking at 2 gs's on ksl here localy. Might be getting both and either putting the s back to stock and using it a s a daily driver/ winter car, or saleing it and transfering the parts to the gs I decide is in the best shape. One gs is 600 running, and one is 350 with a blown motor. The good thing about the two is there identicle. What I dont use off the donor gs will be sold on the forums. Plus the gs dohc swap parts Ive aquired over the months. I'll know in a couple of weeks if this is the new plan or not, I'll let you all know.

how hard was it to pull the dash? thinking of painting mine and recovering the seats to match if its not to tuff

Its not bad at all actually, theres 10 bolts that actually keep the dash intact, and a dosen or so screws you have to remove to get things out of the way. You have to remove the center console to remove the dash by undoing the 2 screws that are under the shifter benzel, then the 1 screw thats under the change tray in the middle of the console, then the 2 screws that are on the sides at the rear of the center console, and the console will lift out. the cluster is a sinch as there are 4 screws on each corner, and once there out, the cluster will pull right out without haveing to undo wires and connectors. Id'e have to say the center vent is the hardest to get out without breaking the tabs that hold the vents to the trim. Be slow and take your time and youll get it done in no time. It takes me about an hour and a half to change the dash. a little longer in my car since I have to drill holes and run wires for the center turbo guage cluster.

heres and exampile of the screws on my dash.....

Red is the 10 major bolts and screws that hold the dash in place.
    Black is the bolts and screws that hold the metal sterio tray in place.
    Yellow is where the guide pin is located to align the dash correctly.
    Blue is the 2 bolts and 2 screws that hold the airbag in place.

There is'nt any retaining bolts or screws behind the center vent, but you still need to CAREFULLY remove it as there is a cable connected to the left vent that connects down to the heater box underneath the dash.

thanks, so basically I have done everything but pull the dash before and didn't now it, had the center console out for the short shifter and to run amp wires, all the vents including center for paint the gauge cluster for paint and wiring in tach and gauge power, lower driver side to remove some shitty ass alarm that was rigged in when I bought it and again for wiring and new steering wheel. should make things easier knowing that I have done 90% already and not broken anything.

Great, glad I could help. Dont forget to undo the ignition plug to the igniton switch before you undo the 2 bolts that hold the stering column in place. I forgot to do that the first time I pulled the dash to swap the es harness for the power wind, ect., and thankfully I only broke the tab that clicks the plug in the ignition switch. Theres 4 or 5 plugs that connect the dash harness to the main harness and there on the drivers side right where the speaker is located. You can pull the dash out a little then get on the drivers side outside the door and get to them easely. Good luck. What color are you going to paint the dash?

semi gloss black because it will really make the white accents pop plus it gets rid of that wierd blue

Was your gs originally white w/blue/tan interior? The one I'm getting is white w/blue/tan interior also. Can you post a pic of the blue interior? And did the seats come with blue seats or grey seats?

I hate the blue interior. OMG it was good my car didnt come with one of these.but everything is paintable. Ill be doing my dash very soon when I change my windshield......again
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I love the blue interior. I always hated the brown interior lol.
    I guess people have different taste. :P

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    I love the blue interior. I always hated the brown interior lol.
    I guess people have different taste. :P
    OMG brown interior too. Not too many cars with the brown interrior tho. But still i dislike it.

Build Thread

Thats why I'm thinking of changing my interior to the dark grey. just dont want dark grey int., and blue seats. We'll see how the wifey likes it and what shape it's in. I agree on the tan interior, YUK! Had that shit in my 97 and hated that shit bad. Could never keep it clean.

weird blue on weirder blue

Post some more pics son. maybe its time for a build thread. I like the fabrication on the center console. If you need airbag i have one just pay shipping and its your

Build Thread

pm me a price for the shipping, and for the build its all getto stuff no go fast bits yet

Ok, so it's been awhile since ive posted anything on updates so I got a couple of updates. For one , the bastards broke into the g again (same window) and got the tach and guages and tryed to syphon the gas (wasnt any) and tore my visors to shit. They got caught 2 days later trying to break into some more cars but cops said there wasnt anything in house but needles and meth pipes when they searched the house. So the subs, amp from the 1st break in and tach and guages from the second are a lost cause. going to the j/y tomarro to get the 8g sway bar and tubular rear lower control arms. Got some replacement rear door pannels as the old ones where ripped and some seat covers for free. not much else going on for now as winter is pounding the shit out of us, but soon the mods will come more and more. Yes, I decided to keep her and finish what I started.

R.I.P. Galant forums.

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    You gonna keep the GF on your window?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

Hell yea! GF was the first forums where I started getting interested in modding galants. Got to show some respect to the fallen. LOL.

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    Lol.

I'd keep the GalantForums, but take the smaller Galantforums.com at the bottom off.
    That IS just me though

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast