The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO engine in VR4

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    TGC Regular

EVO engine in VR4

well, im just a little curious on this,

if u have a vr4 galant, would an engine swap with an evo engine be relatively easy? it would be harder if it was only AWD and not an evo wouldn't it? and off hand, does anyone know of sites that sell evo engines? just curious.

it would be a thousand times cheaper to just hot-rod your current engine.

Why would you? Manybrews is right. I have a 1G Talon AWD and it will outrun a stock EVO.

gsxtasee
    I am begging to differ with you people. if you have a '91-ish galant with a 4g63 it would be a direct fit to put in a 4g63 motor from Japan from a Evo 1-3. the current Evo 8 engine is a different story all together. for engines from Japan, check here:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/4g63motorsearch.htm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gsxtasee)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am begging to differ with you people. Â*if you have a '91-ish galant with a 4g63 it would be a direct fit to put in a 4g63 motor from Japan from a Evo 1-3. Â*the current Evo 8 engine is a different story all together. Â*for engines from Japan, check here:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/4g63motorsearch.htm</div>

From everything I know the Evo motor is a pain in the ass to fit in any 1G/GRV-4. The Evo 1-3 motor is actually near identical to a 2G DSM motor. Same mounts and everything. Even the ECU pin configuration is similar. The motor then got turned around from the Evo IV-up and will only really drop into a similar year Mirage. If you wanted something high HP straight out of the box you can try to find a GVR-4 RS motor. It came with a 16G turbo and 510cc yellow top injectors. Overall everyone else is right. It's cheaper to just mod your own motor.
    Jason V.
    [b]<span style='color:red'>EVOL-ART / Evolution Artisan Tuning</span>
    If you want to fight the power, get the power to fight!
    <span style='color:blue'>C53A '89 Plymouth Colt GT Turbo 4G61T
    E38A '90 Mitsubishi Galant GSX 4G63T
    E39A '91 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 1823/2000
    D27A '90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 4G63T</span>