The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Magnacor 8.5 wires

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Magnacor 8.5 wires

Has anyone installed Magnacore 8.5mm spark plug wire set (65233; KV85)? I'm interested in knowing if any issues were encountered with regard to fitment / installation. I understand that due to wires being 8.5mm that they may not fit in OEM wire looms, but wondered if the spark plug boots installed the same as OEM wires. The Magnacore wire boots are visually different than the stock wire boots.
    Again, thanks in advance for taking the time to reply / comment. It's appreciated.

I have the V6 and installed 10.2mm spark plug wires.

Experienced TGC Member
    I didn't purchase magnacore wires as they were very expensive, so I purchased a set of 10.2 or 10.5mm wires off Ebay for $60. They fit just fine and came new wire clips, the full plug boot into the head as well.

I believe boostzealot was running the Magnacore wires, but not certain. There are no issues from running these wires that most of us are even aware of at this time.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Yep. I got mine for $69+shipping on Ebay.

Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    I didn't purchase magnacore wires as they were very expensive, so I purchased a set of 10.2 or 10.5mm wires off Ebay for $60. They fit just fine and came new wire clips, the full plug boot into the head as well.

I believe boostzealot was running the Magnacore wires, but not certain. There are no issues from running these wires that most of us are even aware of at this time.

this is what i did on my old motor.. they look solid and work great. don't see any need to go with name brand, its 6 wires lol.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse