The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Good low cost turbo manifold

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Good low cost turbo manifold

Hi guys was just wondering if anyone now of or has a good turbo manifold for a t3 that will fit our cars i got one for the 3g eclipse w/ t3/t4 turbo but i don't like how far away from the block the turbo sits it's almost into my radiator if i filp the turbo around it sits ok but the inlet would be right against the p/s pump any help i can't afford much but i don't want a stock dsm manifold

megan racing?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

BUT IS IT A DIRECT FIT FOR OUR CARS OR SHOULD i BE LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC FITMENT THAT IS NOT THE 4G6D LIKE I SAID THE ONE THAT CAM SAYS IT FITS 4G63 and 4g64 but it sits the turbo out over 10 in. from the block and will hit the fans so is there another way or is that it.

caps lock?
    options:
    dsm manifold
    evo manifold

search for the differences and find what is right for your application
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

I have search thats why I'm asking you guys what I see with it out looks diff. when it's in the car so maybe what I am not likeing is the only option another member also has the same manifold and i sent him a message because the obx manifold looks to me like the turbo will be in my radiator since the houseing must face thefront of the car not the block like the 63's can I guess I just want to know if thats how they all will sit in our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by troubled4g64t View Post
    I have search thats why I'm asking you guys what I see with it out looks diff. when it's in the car so maybe what I am not likeing is the only option another member also has the same manifold and i sent him a message because the obx manifold looks to me like the turbo will be in my radiator since the houseing must face thefront of the car not the block like the 63's can I guess I just want to know if thats how they all will sit in our cars.
    there is a lot of room in that area i doubt its as close to the fan as you expect, but im sure there are also companies that make manifolds that would fit your application I am not sure what roman is running on his, but he has plenty of room there. Ask him he is Goosey(some numbers like 2079 or something)

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    there is a lot of room in that area i doubt its as close to the fan as you expect, but im sure there are also companies that make manifolds that would fit your application I am not sure what roman is running on his, but he has plenty of room there. Ask him he is Goosey(some numbers like 2079 or something)
    thank you at least you are answering in a civil manner. But if you look at the thread by galant88 you can see what I mean I have the same manifold and my turbo is about the same size you can see how far out it sits and why I am wondering about a better manifold.
    Last edited by troubled4g64t; 11-25-2009 at 03:50 PM

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I remember seeing one of the 3g people in club3g having an OBX manifold and had no clearance issues, but im not sure if theres a big diff from the front end of their than ours. I know the 4cyl G have alot of room in the front to fit a damn buddy but hey we will see and ill take some measurements to find out and get back to you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    I remember seeing one of the 3g people in club3g having an OBX manifold and had no clearance issues, but im not sure if theres a big diff from the front end of their than ours. I know the 4cyl G have alot of room in the front to fit a damn buddy but hey we will see and ill take some measurements to find out and get back to you about it.
    I looked at my head (off the car) the turbo installed and like your build it sticks out ALOT but I measured and its like an inch or two so I got nervous that I spent the money and can't use again I got an evo manifold for the twin scroll befor iI found out I can't use it since it will hit the starter but figured that since I wanted to go evo tranny and go awd I would use the evo oil pan and be okay since they mount the starter at the bottom not below the headbut for now i needed to find a manifold to use till i can go that route

^ right of the top of my head and my invoices, you have no idea how much money you are talking about.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    ^ right of the top of my head and my invoices, you have no idea how much money you are talking about.
    I will x2 on this looking at yous, brians and noels work in this area. I would save the turbo project until you have more bank to get it done right you dont want to break your car(I hope) so do some more research and see what may work, idealistically you wont be at the AWD stage for quite some time especially since you said youre not exactly bathing in cash. See what you can due to make your current manifold work and run a nice smooth low psi 6-10 and go from there.

No what im saying is that im going to rebuild completely really soon so thats where all the money must go first and i will go with the 5 spd swap and would love to go awd that is something I may never do since the car is mostly for my wife to drive I just want to play when I drive.

Quote Originally Posted by troubled4g64t View Post
    No what im saying is that im going to rebuild completely really soon so thats where all the money must go first and i will go with the 5 spd swap and would love to go awd that is something I may never do since the car is mostly for my wife to drive I just want to play when I drive.
    buy her a toyota camry fix up the G and call it a day :)

If I could afford to buy a car right now I'd say f**kit get and evo and leave hers stock lol.