The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: still needs to be slammed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    I LOVE stretched tired!...

The trend started in germany, for some reason german laws did not allow you to have any part of your tread out side the body of the car, so people couldn't buy wider rims because the proper tires would be illegal. Then they decided to attempt putting small tires on a wider rim making the trend grow from there. The reason is it only seen in VW i because any other car in germany get on the expensive side, so people only "tune" old golfs and jettas. It's also not been proven to damage the tire, you just gotta find the right tire, with a strong round shoulder and a lip protector.

[QUOTE=lonestar22;553061]i dont buy my cars to fix them up to meet BMW's specifications. if i did i would keep them stock. stretch tires are not more suseptable to blowing out as people would believe. as long as you have your alignment and your tire pressure right you wont have any problems. just like with a normal tire. i dont understand why people call this a VW look. the stance trend takes place on any and every make and model car. thats what makes it so badass is you can do it to any car. some dont get it, but thats the point.

expect something like this when its done

Didn't someone say something streched tires being beaner??? i think there is one in the background

Stretched tires on rebarreled steelies are the new fad lately. Dont know why, since they are heavy as hell, ive seen people pay 600-1k for a set of rebarreled steelies. Doubt you would ever put that on the bimmer, i think yours is coming along nicely.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

RastaAlejandro
    looks hot! i could get down with a stretch.. what's it called when the wheels concave in like on lonestars bmw & the black BMW. i always thought that style wheels is cool

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    well the s4 has the slammed and tucked look while with this car im going for the stance/hellaflush look. it will be understood once its done

you wouldnt slam it.. but i would.
    do it, do it............ im about too, it will look great put the fronts on already just need to put on the rears plus complete m5 10 piece front suspension later in the week on mine.

Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

nice E34! yeah i dont know what the deal is with the steelies trend, sometime it works on older cars but the price people pay for the look is rediculous.
    to me concave is the new deep dish. especially wit all the lame rims coming out trying to mimic big lips, mixing them with convex faces
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by GmoEm2 View Post
    streched tires, do it if your kool...... seriously your not kool unless you do it lol. i bet you haters still like hair on your vaginas dont you? but seriously sick 3 series, is that the twin turbo one? your stance is half way there slam dat bish!! as long as the wheels dont poke out mad stupid i can dig the strech lol.
    You sound like a freakin' moron, first off

So now I need to compromise my safety, and waste extra money to conform to the "kool" standards, whatever they are? It's very sad that you live your life by some pathetic trend started by a bunch of morons in the first place.

while i totally agree with the fact that the kid sounds like a moron in his post. i figured it was only sarcasm that was badly presented.

on the other hand i do not see where compromising safety and wasting money play into having a car that has stance. buying aftermarket parts for any car is considered by most people a waste of money. it is done by enthusiasts who want to differentiate from the typical toyota camera driver. the fact of the matter is, people mod their cars NOT to conform to the typical standards of an everyday car.

what is unsafe about this?

hmm.. "you too low, you could bottom out on something?!" -learn how to drive
    "stretching tires are bad for the tires" -umm no, tires do not mind being stretched and there is no consequence from driving on stretched tires besides no wheel protection.
    "negative camber eats tires" -wrong again, toe eats tires. get your car aligned by someone who knows what they are doing and you wont have a problem. my galant ran -3 degrees of camber in the rear of the car and my tires look like they were on the back of a pickup. nice and even wear.

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    ^^ Ally likes! lol Do what you think looks best.. who cares about everyone else? You are the one who has to drive it and look at it everyday. I love the look. :)

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

yep I say stop being so narrow minded, tyre stretching so long as it's not stupidly ridiculous is fine.

I guess I'm one of those people with 'rebarrelled steelies' and stretched tyres, except it looked somewhat tasteful on one of my old cars

people pay ridiculous amounts of money for rebarreled steelies

it cost me under NZ$300 (about US$220) to get my standard 4" wide rims banded 3" (the maximum legal limit) out to 7" wide. The new 175/60 R13 tyres cost more than the rims.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12