The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Goin' Ta Get It

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Goin' Ta Get It

Ok im plannig to get a nitros bottle. Most perferable NOS. What is a wet system? Whats a dry System? Which one Is better? Should I have a CAI to direct it n or can I just use the Stock rubber tube? Ok thanks for your help
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

Not to diss you in any way, but Nitrous isn't a plug and play product to add to your car. There are serious pros and cons to any system.

Research things a little more (then again that is probably why you asked).

I am currently reading a book called Sport compact nitrous injection. I would recommend it to anyone looking to add Nitrous to their car. It covers the major systems (zex, nos, venom, nitrous works, nx). It will also let you know what is safe and how to calculate the proper amount you can squeeze.
    The most basic nitrous systems would be either the zex or the venom (as both are computer controlled). That way you have some type of back-up to shut it down if you get to trigger happy.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Senior TGC Member

Re: Goin' Ta Get It

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightES
    Ok I'm planning to get a nitrous bottle. Most perferable NOS. What is a wet system? :cry: What's a dry System? Which one is better? :oops: Should I have a CAI to direct it n or can I just use the stock rubber tube? Ok thanks for your help :shock:
    A wet system I believe atomizes the fuel and nitrous for you already right before it enters the throttle body/intake manifold. You can pretty much run nitrous on your stock intake if you'd like, but the CAI certainly won't hurt.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

trigger happy? who me? you got that right!! Where could I find this book? And hey I might not know much about hookin up a car, but a person that is learning all on there own, no money, no other cars to look at (in front of me that i can touch and feel) I say im doing pretty good with info on what I know. Im sure everyone here has help from thier friend and has a friend wit a hooked up car, but not me. Fling solo.

Senior TGC Member
    trigger happy? who me? you got that right!! Where could I find this book? And hey I might not know much about hookin up a car, but a person that is learning all on there own, no money, no other cars to look at (in front of me that i can touch and feel) I say im doing pretty good with info on what I know. Im sure everyone here has help from thier friend and has a friend wit a hooked up car, but not me. Fling solo.
    You're not flying solo, you're with TGC I didn't have anyone else to work with except TGC, and the amazing techs that work on my car that figure everything out by themselves.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

...Im sure everyone here has help from thier friend and has a friend wit a hooked up car, but not me. Fling solo.
    I am alone in my quest as well, we have a support group for that....its called tgc.

I got the book at Barnes and Noble.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    you think they would have a book like that on Turbos?
    7g for life!

I bet they do...that'll be my next read. I bought the Nitrous one along with a Chiltons and some mags...I figured that was enough for one trip.

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth
    you think they would have a book like that on Turbos?
    I think I saw a comprehensive turbocharger theory book on Amazon.com before.

TWISTED II
    i'll sell ya my ZEX kit for 500 bucks. comes with everything ya need. maybe even a lil leftover juice in the bottle hit me up if your interested. [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTwistedGTZ
    i'll sell ya my ZEX kit for 500 bucks. comes with everything ya need. maybe even a lil leftover juice in the bottle hit me up if your interested. [email protected].
    I would buy it but I aint got the money. I like to get the most info I can on things befor I actuly do anything. Ill probly get a nitros set up in 3 months( depends on if I get a job, no one wants to employ me :cry: , But imma try 3 more places this week)

Senior TGC Member
    I would buy it but I aint got the money. I like to get the most info I can on things befor I actuly do anything. Ill probly get a nitros set up in 3 months( depends on if I get a job, no one wants to employ me :cry: , But imma try 3 more places this week)
    Well then all you need to know is get the money Once that's over with, repeat after me: 350 shot triple bottle setup.

Orion
    ok, the difference between a wet and dry system is this. a dry system only sprays nitrous. so, you better either have upgraded fuel injectors, or stock ones that can keep up with a smaller shot. most of your plug and play kits are dry shots. zex has a pretty cool backpressure trick that ramps up the pressure on your stock injectore to force just a little more fuel into your mix. a wet system will actually spray fuel along with your nitrous. for obvious reasons (knock/ping/detonation) the wet system, though more expensive and complicated, is definately safer in the long run for your engine.

another thing your almost certainly going to want to do if you looking into nitrous is research some colder plugs for your galant. the platinum ones that come with the galant run a bit hot, and may cause pre-ignition (detonation). so, thats not everything there is to know, just a bit of knowledge to arm yourself with before spraying the galant. good luck, my freind. 8)

balln8g
    Shane...where u at dogg??????????? Help a brother out.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(balln8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>Shane...where u at dogg??????????? Help a brother out.</div>

My bad son, lol.. All the info is on the board really, anything there is 2 know about nitrous, you can do a search for, or ask myself of twisted directly.. and anywayz i think rallifan has it pretty much covered..lmao..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.